IGNORED

seat bolts

frankc

Good Morning Everyone,

I took a 300 mile run this past weekend and somehow lost both of my front seat bolts. Anybody have a quick fix for this? Or do I need to get the OEM replacements!

Thanks Frank

I would bolt a strong magnet under the motorbike and ride through the same route again.:smile5::080402gudl_prv:

Guest tx2sturgis
Good Morning Everyone,

I took a 300 mile run this past weekend and somehow lost both of my front seat bolts. Anybody have a quick fix for this? Or do I need to get the OEM replacements!

Thanks Frank

Bolts?

What model of bike is this?

On my RSV I have combination nuts holding my riders saddle to the frame....the studs are mounted to the seat base and would be hard to lose.

1/4-20 nylon wing nuts from lowes or home depot or any hardware store. just cross thread them on. after that they will screw on and off just fine.about 40 cents each.

That's what I did. Cheap and works great...no tools needed.

Frank

You can use just a flat washer and a 2 inch long piece of rubber vaccumm hose on each side......

You can turn the hose to twist it on or off...and it will be very hard to PULL it off..

cheap too..............:biker:

Just looked under my seat to see what you were talking about and damned if mine weren't gone too.....guess I'm going to Lowes too:)

Good Morning Everyone,

Thanks Frank

Keith,

The drawer knobs worked perfect. I just screwed them over the seat studs and they tapped themselves on. Thanks for the great suggestion although i did like the one about eating another gallon of icecream....LOL LOL

Thanks Again

Frank