Randy.....Tom Daroza

Thanks Monty.

Tom Daroza is in intensive care at

Medical Center of Central Georgia

777 Hemlock Street

Macon, GA 31201

Ph: 478.633.1000

The tele operator wouldn't give me any further details since I said I wasn't a family member. A family member will have to give me a 'passcode'.

So waiting to get more data.

Tricia, Thanks for checking in on Tom on Tuesday.

Robin, Thanks for the updates.

Edited by RandyR
sorry, I missed Robin's last post with this info.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in Athens right now resting my knee, if it's not too late by the time we get to Macon we'll drop by the hospital and see what we can learn. If his info is passcoded there may not be much I can do. If Robin reads this let the family know I'll be checking in on them today or tomorrow.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

I made it home about an hr ago, I'll be going to see about Tom in the morning after I get hubby off to work. I'll post details from the hospital as I learn them. I dunno how much time I can devote to looking after Tom in the coming days, roomie told us as we walked in the door tonight that he's bought a house and we are all moving, so guess who gets to pack? Anyway, tomorrow's another day. Night all.

Tom you are in my prayers, was really surprised by your phonecall, caught me off-gaurd, wasn't the conversation I was expecting when you called, thought you were calling to tell me about the great time yu had at vogel, and for members of this forum, he sounded pretty up-beat when he called me this evening.

Tom you are in my prayers, was really surprised by your phonecall, caught me off-gaurd, wasn't the conversation I was expecting when you called, thought you were calling to tell me about the great time yu had at vogel, and for members of this forum, he sounded pretty up-beat when he called me this evening.

This is good news, that Tom is able to make tele calls to friends.

If my memory service me correctly this is a few pictures of TuffTom this past weekend. I do remember he was bald and wore glasses, but then I believe at least 75% of our VR male family fits that description, LOL. If I am wrong my apologies and please correct me. I am just trying to get a face with the name for everyone.

That is Tom and I am setting next to him. I camped next to him during vogel and we became instant friends. I am so saddend by this news. If there is anything I can do Robin please let me know. I am about 800 miles away but will do what I can. Tom is a tuff guy (no pun intended) and I have faith he will get better. Sounds like a road trip coming up in a few days for me. Anyone live close to Macon that has a spare bedroom for a day or two.

That is Tom and I am setting next to him. I camped next to him during vogel and we became instant friends. I am so saddend by this news. If there is anything I can do Robin please let me know. I am about 800 miles away but will do what I can. Tom is a tuff guy (no pun intended) and I have faith he will get better. Sounds like a road trip coming up in a few days for me. Anyone live close to Macon that has a spare bedroom for a day or two.

I'm 3 hours north of Macon (add an hour if its Atlanta rush hour), and not on the direct route from much of anywhere.

But, I will get to the hospital to visit Tom soon.

Hopefully Tricia (GAWildcat) gives us a good report on Tom today.

cross posted.

I just got off the phone with Tom. He called me to let us know what was going on. First his health. He has 9 broken ribs, collapsed lung (fixed now) Laserated liver, lots of road rash on back, arms and shoulders, also road rash on his helmet. Good thing for the helmet. At this point no surguries needed. He is very sore and on lots of pain killers. He sounded pretty good considering everything.

Now for what happened. He was headed south on Hwy 441 when a 93 year old women ran a red light and hit the front of his bike. This caused him to loose contol and pulling the trailer the bike and trailer jackknifed throwing him off the bike which sent him sliding down the road.. He is now out of ICU and like I said sounds in pretty good spirits considering everything. His biggest concern is how to get to his bike and get his belongings after he gets out of the hospital. I will call him later today or maybe tomorrow and remind him that the accident wasn't his fault and that the womens insurance needs to pick up all the costs and rent him a car and such. I am unemployed right now and if I can figure out the money side of it I might ride down and see if I can help him with everything that needs done. Anyway thought everyone would like to know what was going on. Here is his number if anyone wants to call and lift his spirits. 772-260-5431. I will update you when I get more info.

Im at the hospital with Tom, he's trying to be tuff. He says we need to help him get the bike and his personals. I'm sure he'll think of more as time passes. I have no experience with this. Can some of you guys come give me a hand?

Im at the hospital with Tom, he's trying to be tuff. He says we need to help him get the bike and his personals. I'm sure he'll think of more as time passes. I have no experience with this. Can some of you guys come give me a hand?

I have a trailer that would haul the bike, but it is not large enough to hold both the bike and Tom's trailer. I'm 8+ hours away, but that is not a biggie if I need to come.

First off I'm glad to hear Tom is doing better. If someone doesn't have a big enough trailer for both bike and his tow behind trailer then maybe there's a member close enough to temporarly store the trailer and/or bike till he can get them home. Or simply let the insurance company pick up the tab to haul both home.

Still someone needs to get Tom's personal stuff for him.

Larry

Tell Tom we'll get this figured out.

I presume the bike and trailer are at a private impound lot. ?

You may not want to move the bike and trailer until the insurance appraiser for the person at fault takes pictures and decides whether or not they are totalled. If totalled and Tom wants to take the insurance settlement for them, then someone merely needs to get his personal stuff and camping gear.

I have a 4x8 trailer that needs a new bed put in it. But I have the new bed and it would take a day to make it roadworthy. Not sure both the bike and trailer would fit in it. Maybe?

Where is Tom going when released from the hospital? Any estimate when that will be yet? I suspect he may not be able to drive (a rental car) when released, is this so?

I called Tom but got VM. Will try to get more info from him so we can get him taken care of.

Edited by RandyR

My bike shop will get the bike for him and start working the claim for hiim. We just need to find out where the bike is

Thank You for going to see Tom. Let him know that some how his venture rider family well help him get this taken care of. I say let the insurance company foot the bill for everything. Storage, repairs, hauling and getting him home.. But we are still there for him.

Did the Georgia State Troopers handle the accident report? or did the some other County / City Police Department?

1. Copy of police report!

2. Person responsible for accident Name and contact info should be on police report.

3. Insurance of responsible person. Name and policy number.

4. Police Report should also have the impound lot that the bike is stored at or the police officer should have it.

5. Recover all personal belongings

a. Any thing that is not bolted on the bike and then you might have extra accesorries that are not damaged that might come off.

6. While lying around Tom might start making a list of all the accesories he had on the bike. GPS / MP3 / Sat / Helments with headsets /

Just get as much info so when the time comes to deal with insurance he can have his ducks in a row.

7. How soon will he be released from Hospital.

8. Needs for getting home!

9. Things he might need once he gets home! Not sure what condition Tom is going to be in.

9. I assume that Tom has been able to contact his empolyer if he has one?

If someone can get me Toms Personal Info I should be able to get the police report and talk to the officer to find out what impound lot had it. Note it will take a letter from Tom for the impound lot to release anything if anybody trys. Don't waste the effort until you have that from Tom. That has been my experence in the past.

Tom I wish you the best! Full recovery!

If I can help just let me know.

Brian Shoemaker

706-635-1580 Home

404-513-5266 Cell

AKA Cowboy

Thank You for going to see Tom. Let him know that some how his venture rider family well help him get this taken care of. I say let the insurance company foot the bill for everything. Storage, repairs, hauling and getting him home.. But we are still there for him.

Yes !!