• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom was in good spirits today. Like anyone in his situation he wants to do everything now, worried about the bike, his trailer, personals, etc. I asked him when he wanted visitors everyday, he says in the afternoons should be good. For those wanting his room # either pm me, call, or hunt me down on facebook. I tried taking my laptop to the hospital so he could look at the vogel pics and post for himself here, but the public wifi is down at the hospital. His cellphone charger was left on his bike, but he has his phone. Mike got him a new charger from Radioshack tonight, so after tonight Tom will have phone all the time. I'll keep going back to the hospital til someone runs me off. Tom also wants to see the Vogel pics, if I can't get the laptop online can someone zip the pics and email them to me?

Cowboy,

I printed off the list on stuff you made. I will give it to Tom when I see him tomorrow.

Everyone else:

I hope more ppl go visit him, it's lonely being in a strange city w/o friends, and he said his family can't get here to be here for him.

Despite Tom's injuries, he looked really good. When I asked when he thought he was leaving he said the docs weren't giving him a timetable. My estimate however is 2 weeks. He didn't need surgery on his liver, and his spine wasn't severely injured. He said the road rash was the worst, he's uncomfortable from that, otherwise he's doing well.

One of the officers on the scene said the bike didn't look like it was damaged too badly, but we'll see.

I'm in the room with Tom, he's not not able to type just yet. He says hi and says he would love visitors. He's starting to feel better. We are waiting on the nurses to track down his personal effects so we can get the ball rolling for getting his bike and trailer. The shop Mike and I use informed me if any of us get the bike and trailer the impound fees will need to be paid to get the bike to the shop.

I'm in the room with Tom, he's not not able to type just yet. He says hi and says he would love visitors. He's starting to feel better. We are waiting on the nurses to track down his personal effects so we can get the ball rolling for getting his bike and trailer. The shop Mike and I use informed me if any of us get the bike and trailer the impound fees will need to be paid to get the bike to the shop.

Thanks Tricia

let the insurance company take care of this. Someone needs to get the insurance company of the woman who hit Tom to take care of the impound fees, and moving the bike to a shop for repair, if its deemed fixable. I will try to get with Tom on this tomorrow when I'm there.

Don't move it until the insurance company adjuster sees it and takes pictures of it. Or they make the arrangements to have it moved themselves.

Speaking from experience here. With any vehicle, call YOUR insurance, they will get the crash report, the other person's insurance and will generally start the ball rolling while they start negotiations with the other person's insurance. This is especially important if the other driver's insurance ends up lapsed (as happened to me)

Thanks Tricia

let the insurance company take care of this. Someone needs to get the insurance company of the woman who hit Tom to take care of the impound fees, and moving the bike to a shop for repair, if its deemed fixable. I will try to get with Tom on this tomorrow when I'm there.

Don't move it until the insurance company adjuster sees it and takes pictures of it. Or they make the arrangements to have it moved themselves.

I found the bike and police department.

1. Dublin City Police Department has police report anyone can pick-up.

478-277-5023

Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.

Dublin, Georgia

2. Thomas Daroza

4710 Seagrape Drive

Fort Pierce, FL. 34982

3. Casey Towing

Dewey Warnock Road

East Dublin, Ga. 31027

478-697-7119

Spoke with: Tim Spivey

4. I order to get personal belongings Tim Spivey @ Casey Towing said that we did not need anything signed from Thomas, However before someone makes a trip lets take the time to call before and make sure. The key for the ignition and the key for the trailer are with the bike.

5. Tom has asked that all that we get or bring to him is

a. Digital Camera

b. Eye Glasses

c. Personal Cloths & Hyigene bag in the trailer.

d. Leave the rest.

6. Accident happened at Hwy 257 & Dublin By-pass

7. Police report should have insurance info on the person that hit Tom! I think that we should all let the insurance agents know where Tom is and let them do there JOBS.

Thank You All

Brian Shoemaker

706-635-1580

I found the bike and police department.

1. Dublin City Police Department has police report anyone can pick-up.

478-277-5023

Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.

Dublin, Georgia

2. Thomas Daroza

4710 Seagrape Drive

Fort Pierce, FL. 34982

3. Casey Towing

Dewey Warnock Road

East Dublin, Ga. 31027

478-697-7119

Spoke with: Tim Spivey

4. I order to get personal belongings Tim Spivey @ Casey Towing said that we did not need anything signed from Thomas, However before someone makes a trip lets take the time to call before and make sure. The key for the ignition and the key for the trailer are with the bike.

5. Tom has asked that all that we get or bring to him is

a. Digital Camera

b. Eye Glasses

c. Personal Cloths & Hyigene bag in the trailer.

d. Leave the rest.

6. Accident happened at Hwy 257 & Dublin By-pass

7. Police report should have insurance info on the person that hit Tom! I think that we should all let the insurance agents know where Tom is and let them do there JOBS.

Thank You All

Brian Shoemaker

706-635-1580

Thanks Brian....Great Job on the Info I know Tom appreciates all you have done. I wish I could be of more help but finances won't allow me to come down. George and Lori, the couple who camped with us and she rode the silver wing scooter live in Atlanta and said they would go down and haul the bike if Tom needs it to be hauled and the insurances come together. Anyway they will tlak to Tom and see if they can do anything at this point..

Cowboy and I will drive to Dublin, GA in the morning, get the police report and Tom's stuff, and take pictures of the bike. Then we'll visit Tom in Macon after lunch.

If Tom has full comp insurance, then his insurance company may handle things for him. If he has liability only, then probably not. We'll get that sorted out tomarrow and make sure that an insurance company gets involved.

If my memory service me correctly this is a few pictures of TuffTom this past weekend. I do remember he was bald and wore glasses, but then I believe at least 75% of our VR male family fits that description, LOL. If I am wrong my apologies and please correct me. I am just trying to get a face with the name for everyone.

That is TOM good pics

Robin

If my memory service me correctly this is a few pictures of TuffTom this past weekend. I do remember he was bald and wore glasses, but then I believe at least 75% of our VR male family fits that description, LOL. If I am wrong my apologies and please correct me. I am just trying to get a face with the name for everyone.

That is TOM good pics

Robin

Think I caught him in one of my pics too...

There was a VentureRider M&E in Macon, GA today at TuffTom's new place.

http://randyrick.us/motorcycles/TuffTom/TuffTomVisit.JPG

Tom, George, Tricia, Brian, RandyR

Souvenirs of TuffToms visit to Dublin, GA

http://randyrick.us/motorcycles/TuffTom/TuffTomShirt.JPG

http://randyrick.us/motorcycles/TuffTom/TuffTomHelmit.JPG

Got a copy of the police report, visited Tom's bike at the impound lot and got his important personal stuff, and filed an insurance claim with the company of the person who hit him.

Tom, George, Tricia, Brian, and Randy.

You all are the best. Tom has to feel so much better knowing that his venture family cares and cares enough to do these things for him while he is laid up. I for one feel so much better knowing you all are on the scene taking care of him. I applaud all of you:clap2:.

I just want to say Thank You you all are the best

While I wasn't banged up like Tom is now I can relate to the Venture Rider family looking after Joyce & I when we had our mishap back in 07 while attending Vogal.

It's a great feeling knowing folks who you've never met care enough to take time out of their busy lives to look after you like this is being done now with Tom & Ponch.

Wishing Tom & Ponch a full & speedy recovery from their injuries.

Larry

Tom, George, Tricia, Brian, and Randy.

You all are the best. Tom has to feel so much better knowing that his venture family cares and cares enough to do these things for him while he is laid up. I for one feel so much better knowing you all are on the scene taking care of him. I applaud all of you:clap2:.

I just want to say Thank You you all are the best

:sign yeah that::ice_thy-vi101212101:clap2:

Thanks guys.