IGNORED

Well I layed my RSTD down today.

Michael_Bishop

Well I layed my RSTD down on the right side. It had rain but quite but road was still wet. I was going down a steep hill with a 4way stop at the bottom. I was moving slow braking easy at the start of the down slop. But all at once I was down. Not hurt any just the bike. Windshield scratch right side, right front trun signal lens, front right lower cawling, right saddle bag, out side of a cable, head light, and but right side gards. Hurt my pride the most.

Here is pictures of the damage. Already called the insurance company.

Edited by Michael_Bishop

Glad you are ok and not hurt...

The pain you have inside from the loss of your pride slowly dissipates, and you will be over that soon...however the healing wont start until the bike is fixed.. Everytime you look at it you feel like poo....but once it is fixed it becomes an unforgettable memory and a story you tell often.

Welcome to the club........

Reminds me of my spill last year....similar damage. Glad your OK.....the pride part is the worst. I had to trailer mine home....no fun driving past a Tim Horton's with 30 or so bikers watching you go by!

Keith

That really is too bad....hate to hear when the shiney side isn't on top!

Glad to hear only real injury to you was your pride!

It's gonna cost you......$500 for your deductable....and of course a $5 donation to the site!!:stickpoke:

(I've made several myself!):bang head:

That really is too bad....hate to hear when the shiney side isn't on top!

Glad to hear only real injury to you was your pride!

It's gonna cost you......$500 for your deductable....and of course a $5 donation to the site!!:stickpoke:

(I've made several myself!):bang head:

I could give em oh say :think: $510. that way it would put a bit in his pocket:stickpoke:

good to hear your ok like others said the bike can be fixed and the pride will heal

Well I just hope that I can take it to dealer and let him see what all part I need. Them him order them and I will bring the bike in then to get it fix. Because the way it is right now I can stll ride it. I just don't want to be with out it for long time. I would put them on my self but that lower cawling needs to be look at on the inside good to see whats bent or broken. Plus looking at Yahama cadalog I can't tell on the saddle parts I can't tell witch number would be the lid or if I would have to order the hole thing. But all I need is the lid and the out side hinge.

Plus what the differencebetween a VXZ13ctt and a XVZ12CTTC. One the paper work I have it say XVZ13CTTR? I'm guessing mine is a VXZ13CCT.

Forced myself to read this and look at the pictures. Have the same bike, year, and color, black over red 05RSTD. It broke my heart to see the damage. I've dropped mine a time or two at slow speed trying to turn in gravel or grass. They are right about the pride. I get over that pretty fast, just hate putting a new ding on something I love so much!

No one likes to see their ride laying on it's side. It's just so...unnatural. Kind of short-circuits the brain waves. Glad your safe tho. The punch to the pride will go away faster after the parts are replaced.

But, if you don't behave with your 2005 RSTD, I'm going to ask you to park it until I can get there to take it away from you. Play nice, or pay the price. :rotf:

Thomas

Well my RSTD should be back like it was in a few weeks. Yahama says they have all the parts in stock with right color codes. The dealer should have all the parts in a weeks or so. I still have the bike untill they get them in. Then I will take it to them to have installed.

Midicat wife told me that after I get it fixed I should sale it and get a Goldwing. Because I told her the next motorcycle would be a wing. But I told her the RSTD still had a lot of miles left in it. With whats going on with the economy in the U.S. I will wait. I got my house paid for this May and I want to wait a few years. Being retired it is harder to stick that money back and I want to be able to pay cash for the wing.

Well my RSTD should be back like it was in a few weeks. Yahama says they have all the parts in stock with right color codes. The dealer should have all the parts in a weeks or so. I still have the bike untill they get them in. Then I will take it to them to have installed.

Midicat wife told me that after I get it fixed I should sale it and get a Goldwing. Because I told her the next motorcycle would be a wing. But I told her the RSTD still had a lot of miles left in it. With whats going on with the economy in the U.S. I will wait. I got my house paid for this May and I want to wait a few years. Being retired it is harder to stick that money back and I want to be able to pay cash for the wing.

Sorry to hear of this misfortune. Hope you get her fixed quick and up to snuff. Glad you are ok.

However it does look to me like from what I have read here and from so many other threads and post, that by the time I have 100,000 miles on my bike, there will be no more Royal Stars left and everyone will be riding the Honda Gold-Wings. Yamaha has stopped making them and I will have to look for used parts. But on the other hand, if everyone buys Honda Gold-Wings then there would be lots of parts to spare. Freebird will change the name of the site to, Wingrider.com and the logo will be, " It is a wing, get out and fly with us."

Fuzzy :7_6_3[1]: