IGNORED

Venture versus SUV

Gray Ghost

Statistics finally caught up with me. On the 21st I was riding in Kerrville TX and a young woman pulled out of a parking lot in front of me to go the other direction. Didn't have much time, pretty sure I hit the Stebel horn (at least that is what I remember) and tried to turn out of her way hoping she would stop. Ended up catching her SUV on the bumper, the bike skidded into the vehicle and I left a nice dent in her door with my shoulder. Bike ended up facing back the way I came. As I was picking myself up off the ground she opened the door and said she didn't see me. After I screamed at her about hearing the horn she said she hadn't and got back in her car. I think she may have been a bit afraid of me at that point. EMTs transported me, a wrecker company took my bike and her SUV. The bumper was pushed sideways and back into the tire making it undrivable.

I am sore, but on my way back to Georgia in my RV. I think my baby is toast though.

is it just me or is that girl on a cell in the news paper ad? i bet she was on it at the time of the accident? sorry about the bike and you getting banged up the bike can be replaced and thank god your some what ok.

Glad you walked away from that. I'd say she probably was afraid she knew she was at fault. Probably was on her cell when it happened too.

Oh Jeff wants to know why you were playing bumper cars with an SUV. He's glad it's just the bike that is probably toast.

Margaret

Like everyone else I am glad you are going to okay. I am sure that you are sore. A few years back we found out that you can't play bumper cars with them SUV's . I'd say that you need to get to looking for a new ride :080402gudl_prv:.

Get to feeling better.

Three cheers for surviving that one!! Hope you did scare her enough that she'll pay closer attention in the future...and maybe even stay off the cell phone while driving...but I wouldn't bet on it. A young girl in an SUV ran into the back of my car 2 years ago while I was stopped at a red light. Said she didn't see my Buick Regal with the wall to wall tail lights! I noticed her cell phone on the seat of her car. Three guesses where it was before that!