IGNORED

Baggershield opinions

Freebird

These guys would like to become sponsors of VentureRider.org You folks have no idea how many sponsors I turn down here. I have to be sold on the company and/or product before I will consider it because I want to only recommend great products and companies and I don't want to clutter this site with banners. I try to limit the number of banners to only a few at the upper right of our site and keep that number down so that each sponsors banners comes up often. That being said, what are your opinions on this windshield?

http://www.baggershield.com/

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slick idea....turning the top part around to lower & or to make it higher..

I like the different levels on my GW. his may be an advantage on the Ventures.

Looks durable, but I have never used one to give an honest evaluation of thier product.

I say go for it!

I like the idea of getting the income to hold costs down. I also like the prices they showed on there web site.

Keeping the banner to the present position is also a good idea. OK theres my :2cents:

I noticed on their website they don't even list anything for the Venture. Plus I'm not so sure I'd personally like the screws and knobs hanging on the windshield surface. I didn't look long enough to check pricing....

I like the looks of it! I purchased a shorty windshield and it was perfect for town but on the highway the wind and noise would beat me to death. Took it off after a day. I may actually give this a try as DC area summers are HOT and MUGGY! I say go for it if it will help the site in general!!

I am the guilty party that recommended that Spencer gets a hold of your FreeBird. I meet these guys down in Myrtle Beach during the rally. I was looking at their shield and really liked it. They just had one shield with them for the venture because it was just finished. Another member here Joe spoke up faster than I did and got the “PROTOTYPE”. He rode all weekend with it and really like it. I went back at the end of the rally and spoke with them more and made some suggestions. I went ahead and purchased a shield and have been riding with it for like 1500 miles. It is really great to be able to raise and lower the shield. Specially when it is raining the taller shield is nice and pushes the rain over. It is also nice at highway speeds to give a litter more protection. It is real nice to lower the shield when on back roads and in twisties to let the wind hit your face.

The shield is really sturdy and does not flex like the stock or show chrome. I made the comment and suggestion to them that they make a wider shield more like the show chrome and they agreed. They are working on the shield now I believe. The shield looks real nice on the bike. I will take some pictures tonight and post for viewing.

If you are wanting to find the shield on the site go to the star tab and it is there. My buddies bike is also pictured on the site from the MB rally.

It is up to everyone else but I have spoke with many different venture riders around here and they def like the concept. The short shield is tented and you look over it completely. The taller half if clear and I still look over it but can look through it if I slouch down. The shield is about one inch shorter than the show chorme shield. The shield is made out of the same stuff air craft shields are made out of and is thicker than the stock one. You can use polish on the shield without worrying about the shield turning yellow or building a film on it.

I have to say I REALLY like the shield and will not switch again. It is much nicer knowing that I don’t have to change shields in the summer and winter anymore.

I have been in contact with them since purchase about the wider shield and they said they are going to be working on that and I can trade with them once they finish the new product.

Spence is a great guy to work with.

Guest tx2sturgis

I'll take a freebie demo and let ya know how I like it in a few months!

:innocent:

Seriously, if ANYONE in the aftermarket produces quality products for the Venture, I say yippee and lets help them sell a few hundred thousand!

:happy34:

I hear ya tx2sturgis. I do know I really like mine and Joe "Moose" likes his too. I have in the past done the winter and summer shield. Like someone mentioned when in the summer my short shield is great in the city and on back roads but when riding the highway the wind beats me. With this one i can switch it from short to tall, if raining or on slab vs if nice weather n on back roads.

There is now flex when in the tall position. I know that was a concern of mine when first looking at the shield but after riding with it there isnt any.

Hey KID, was there any talk on making a taller shield as well? I see this one is 8.5" - 13.5". Will there be another size 'switchable' screen?

Thanks

Brian

EDIT: I just saw that the Harley's have various sizes, so I would think that would be very do-able on the Venture.

I like this idea.

Brian

I don't know about the taller shield but i do know they are working on the wider shield. If they did do a taller shield then the bottom half would be taller and the top so that when in shorter position they fit together well. You could reach out to them about that option.

Hey KID, was there any talk on making a taller shield as well? I see this one is 8.5" - 13.5". Will there be another size 'switchable' screen?

Thanks

Brian

EDIT: I just saw that the Harley's have various sizes, so I would think that would be very do-able on the Venture.

I like this idea.

Brian

I am curious! I have a Show Chrome short and wide screen and have had it since the bike was new (2001). It measures 12 5/8" from the center of the chrome trim to the top. As many of you know I have ran this for most of the 143K miles on this bike. I can look over the screen easily or duck lower in the rain. I bought a Clearview XL and use it in the winter and it is a great screen for keeping the cold off. My question is "why would I want a screen that covers 8 1/2" to 13 1/2""? I love the concept and think it should be offered as a vender product, but I would love to see something taller. That way I could raise it in the storms and not have to duck and get a crick in my neck.:backinmyday::backinmyday::backinmyday:

Yes I understand that if demand is great they will build it. :whistling:

:farmer:

Interesting concept. The knobs and seam probably wouldn't bother me as the shield would be in the lowest position except in inclement weather. I'd like to see a little taller version.

Maybe a 10 - 15". 10" for warm weather/city riding. 15" to push the rain/cold over.

Guest tx2sturgis

Speaking of vendors...here's one I ran across on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Royal-Star-Venture-Hard-Saddle-Bags-saddlebags-/140573098304?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20bacf4140

Be sure and watch the video.

$725 aint cheap, but its not bad considering the OEM bags are about that price for ONE bag.

These guys might be worth looking into for replacement bags for the Venture.