IGNORED

What a rude awakening.

Flyinfool

Last night I had a hard time falling asleep. No idea why. And I was up a few times during the night which is also not normal for me.

This morning I got woke up early feeling really cold and clammy.

While lying in that half awake state trying to figure out just what was going on, is when I noticed that everything around me was soaked. The sheets, blanket, pillow, everything.

So now I am trying to figure out if I just had night sweats or heaven forbid, did I wet the bed.....:yikes:

Well that thought got me out of the half awake state and into a get the heck out of the bed quick state and head for the shower. But wait no that would be a bad idea since I still need to strip all up the bedding and get it down in the wash. I should do that BEFORE I take a shower.

In case you haven't figured it out yet, I am not a morning person, just because my body is up and moving does not mean that my brain is up and/or functioning.

So I run all of the bedding down to the basement and toss the first load into the wash machine (with no phones included,,,,,sorry:stickpoke:) well now the wash machine is filling so I certainly do not want to get in the shower with the hot water turning on and off. So I grab some cleaning stuff to clean up the mattress. First I dried if off as best I could with some towels and took those down to the basement. when I got back up stairs and was about to start scrubbing the mattress, its like WTF it is all wet again. so I grab some more towels and dry it off again. and this time just start to clean it right away.

WTF again there is a little squirt of liquid that shoots up out of the mattress toward the headboard.

That is when it finally dawns on me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, tonight I get to go shopping for a new king size waterbed mattress to replace this 34 year old one....... :think: :doh:

It sure is a good thing that Erika is still not home with her bum foot yet.:yikes:

We would have been accusing each other of wetting the bed, and that old water on her bum foot would have been really bad news.

Edited by Flyinfool

I've been calling around.

I found a local place that has a new mattress in stock along with a new heater for just under $200. If this new mattress lasts another 30 years, it will out live me.

I slept on one of those foam mattresses once, it did not agree with my back.

I have never yet found any mattress other than a waterbed that feels good to my back.

Besides, there is a reason they do not advertize the price of those foam mattresses. :mo money:

Well I am buying another water bed after sleeping on one for 34 years and not liking anything else that I have tried.

That should kind of clarify my thoughts on the best mattress.:whistling:

It is also great to be able to set the temperature of the bed. I run it a little cooler in the summer and a little warm in the winter. Since it is a heated mattress I can keep the house at 50° and be comfy on the coldest winter night or turn the bed down a few degrees and be nice and cool on a hot summer night.

Flyinfool is definitely not a morning person.

Had a select comfort for years and finally changed to a softside waterbed. Not likely to go back. (You'd think there would be more than 1 dealer in a town the size of Atlanta.)

Been on a water bed now for about 30 years,,,, won't trade it for nothing, even after it sprung a leak and dumped all over the kitchen and everything below. Good thing we had a dirt\sand basement at the time. We've had a couple of leaks, but that was mostly self inflicted. They do say to change them out every 20 years or so.

That's the problem with water beds. You wind up drowning in one.:whistling:

Na, had a waterbed for years of and on. Finally went to a sleep number and its great. I could never get a waterbed that was hard enough. Never thought about freezing it hmmm.

That's the problem with water beds. You wind up drowning in one.:whistling:

Na, had a waterbed for years of and on. Finally went to a sleep number and its great. I could never get a waterbed that was hard enough. Never thought about freezing it hmmm.

You just have to fill it with hard water, don't use the water from the water softener.........

or if you want it somewhere in the middle then you can mix hard and soft water together......

Well I got the new mattress last night and worked on getting everything torn down cleaned up, bed moved, put back together, filled and the temperature stabilized. It took till 11:30. After all that work it sure did sleep good. I will have to see if Erika notices any difference when/if she comes back home on the 15th.:big-grin-emoticon: