IGNORED

Gonna have to watch this one!

Yammer Dan

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is whats left of that tree. Don't know who that lady is... The Warden said she would kill me if I put that pic of her on here..

Yup, not much left, to dispose of. If she asks, you wanted to show me the tree, which you did. :thumbsup2:

BTW does she still upload the pics for you???? If so you should be safe. :2cents:

1st Oil change done in Garage!! Roof don't leak!! I still got to put the metal on and windows and door but no rush. I can get started on the inside! Great excuse to buy new tool boxes, work Bench and..... I'm going to get in trouble!!!

Formica counter tops make fantastic workbenches, either build a stand or buy used kitchen cabinets. Or, if you are lucky find a laboratory or such remodeling and get their metal under counter cabinets.

Used to be a place in Lexington that sold standard 25½" wide stuff for $5.00 per foot. Best I'm finding now is about 10 per foot.

and we have yet ANOTHER admission that Yammer is dreaming of a second gen. :thumbsup2:

Not to worry my friend, it is perfectly understandable.

Yes, but did he say he was buying one? No, he just said something about looking, and he didn't say anything about selling.

and we have yet ANOTHER admission that Yammer is dreaming of a second gen. :thumbsup2:

Not to worry my friend, it is perfectly understandable.

We all need to slow down when we get old, and a 2nd Gen is the perfect, logical step in that direction.

Gary

Did I mention Grandson might be a ball player?? Tonight in championship game he had a double, a tripple, a inside the park home run and a grand slam(his first) while pitching 10 strikeouts. They Won... he moves on to all star team. He might be a ball player.

I've read and read trying to find how to screw that metal on. Too many different opinions. Guess I'll do my own. I'm putting them in the flats only. Some put them in the flats and on the overlapping rib? I don't think they would be necessary on the rib if the stuff lays down as it should with nothing sticking up for wind to grab. And not as many as several are using. I'm thinking every 4 ft is plenty. I'm going to try to hit the trusses with them. Using 1 & 1/2 inch screws and 1/2 inch OSB as sheeting thats a lot of screw doing nothing. If they hit the trusses it would be a lot more holding power= less screws??

NOOOOOOOO! :buttkick:

I've only done a couple of steel roofs BUT.....

Put the screws on the RISE...not the valleys! Water runs down the valleys!!!!!!!

overlap the panels by 1 rise.

Screws should be about every 2' vertically and about every 1' horizontally

That's the way it is done if you are using the 'wavy" panels with 2-3" ribs.

If you are using something else then I can't help you but I know that you don't want the screws in the valleys where the water is!

You don't want too much screw sticking thru the OSB into your attic because frost will form on the screw, then melt and you will have a wet mouldy attic.