IGNORED

Wall-mart gell seat pad ? Try it out...

FuzzyRSTD

It must make you sit up higher of the ground and therefore one needs to have long enough legs so one is not tip toeing especially on a 1st gen? Is that a consideration?

Good point. Yes, it does in fact set you higher on the bike. Not much. But in my case, I needed a little more hight anyways. The hight factor does also need to be considered. But the way this thing is made, it crushes down considerably. Still it would not be good for someone whom is already tip toeing to hold the bike up. I would say that it sits you up at least 1/2 inch higher.

Fuzzy

From my own experience, it does sit you noticeably higher and in my case, it made it a bit less confortable to use the highway pegs until I trimmed the sides, which was easy to do.

So you probably only trimmed the gel pad inside I suppose ?

Fuzzy

• 1 year later...

Well, just to show about how long this $20.00 lasted.. It has been over a year and the shell is wearing a little. I guess it is back to WalMart for another. Wife's is still doing well.

I still think it is a good buy.

I've been using the standard car seat "gel" pad seat for under $20 from Wally World for some time now. I like it because it wraps over the edge of the seat just enough to stop the little pain inside the legs where they go over the seat. My wife got one for her seat this spring and will not ride without it. We both just got back from a 900 mile Blue Ridge Parkway end to end ride and would/could not have done it without the pad. I have also done an 1100 mile trip to Cape Canaveral and back and it was very welcomed.

Yes, it is not designed for a motorcycle but it works. Five Thumbs up.

:thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

• 3 weeks later...

I have the wal mart gel pad, then I bought a black "toilet seat cover", and the toilet seat cover lays over the gel pad. Then I have the beaded seat cover over the toilet seat cover which holds it all down because the beaded seat cover has the 4 little stretch cords with clips that clip under the seat..

The gel pad was 20 bucks, the toilet seat cover was 3 bucks at the dollar store and it looks like sheep skin, and the beaded seat cover was 20 bucks..

You can laugh all you want, but I have had this set up on my bike for several years.

Every comment I have ever recieved was wow that looks comfortable..and it is.

On long rides, I remove the beaded seat cover and ride with the gel pad and toilet seat cover only.. my butt doesnt sweat..I also have a foam filled (padded) toilet seat cover that I carry in the trunk on long rides and once in a while I will throw it over the seat for a different confguration and change of seat.. It works great..

• 9 months later...
Nice. Can anyone link or post to where I can find it? I can't find it at my local walmart. I'm afraid they might not carry it or have gotten sold out.

keith ... the last post here was Aug last year. There's a chance they don't sell that item anymore. However, I picked up a gel seat cushion at Canadian Tire for $10 a few weeks back .... tried it on the Wing when I had it and didn't care for it so, I got rid of the Wing :rotf: :rotfl:... but I still have the cushion :cool10:

I have the wal mart gel pad, then I bought a black "toilet seat cover", and the toilet seat cover lays over the gel pad. Then I have the beaded seat cover over the toilet seat cover which holds it all down because the beaded seat cover has the 4 little stretch cords with clips that clip under the seat..

The gel pad was 20 bucks, the toilet seat cover was 3 bucks at the dollar store and it looks like sheep skin, and the beaded seat cover was 20 bucks..

You can laugh all you want, but I have had this set up on my bike for several years.

Every comment I have ever recieved was wow that looks comfortable..and it is.

On long rides, I remove the beaded seat cover and ride with the gel pad and toilet seat cover only.. my butt doesnt sweat..I also have a foam filled (padded) toilet seat cover that I carry in the trunk on long rides and once in a while I will throw it over the seat for a different confguration and change of seat.. It works great..

I know this is an older post but I just now read it and near peed myself. Thankfully there was a toilet nearby ... which, btw, was missing the seat .... Eck ... know anything about that? :stickpoke: :rotfl:

Yes it is changed/discontinued

Dang it. Even though the box in the store shows the gel version, the new ones are memory foam and will not hold up outside like the gel did.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

walmart has them online specifically for motorcycles the price is 37.55 2 versions

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_query=motorcycle+gel+cushion&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

I bought one that looks just like it off eBay for ~$48. Used it once and it's not for me. If anyone is interested in it, pm me w an offer.