IGNORED

Patch for 2008 International VentureRider Rally.......

Guest ReinyRooster

Guest ReinyRooster

is patch #6, with 83% of the votes. I have attached the patch and done a quick redo with 2 slight changes - the blue in the background is Ontario but looks like it is water because of the colour so I changed the blue background to green to look more like land. I also removed the VentureRider logo (please forgive me) and replaced it with "Life's a Venture, get on and ride."

Unless there are any SERIOUS issues with those changes, the planning committee is moving forward with this patch design for the shirts and patches.

Not that it's important to me since I won't be there.

But I was playing with the VR logo one day and made a reverse color version.

No suggestions being made. I was just playing with the graphic.

i like it easyer to read

is patch #6, with 83% of the votes. I have attached the patch and done a quick redo with 2 slight changes - the blue in the background is Ontario but looks like it is water because of the colour so I changed the blue background to green to look more like land. I also removed the VentureRider logo (please forgive me) and replaced it with "Life's a Venture, get on and ride."

Unless there are any SERIOUS issues with those changes, the planning committee is moving forward with this patch design for the shirts and patches.

So now that the Logo is removed there isn't anything mentioned about Venturerider.org on the design

I like it - as was said, easy to read. I also like it without the .org - but that is my personal opinion. I guess one could always put the .org in very small letters going straight across under the last "R" letter on Rider? I just don't know if - on a patch - that would start to look to cluttered? Good job, Mr. Rooster.

Guest ReinyRooster

WE ( organization commitee) realized that the VR logo would be much too detailed and small to have stitched into a patch, so we had to make that change. Trying to keep the patch clean looking and keep the cost down. We are putting out a poster promoting the event at local bike shops etc. and it has that info.

Hey, You never gave us enough advance notice that the voting was ending.....:no-no-no: I wanted to change my vote :crying: If the color is to represent land.... It's Ontario, shouldn't the colors be black for the slag piles and rust from all the environmental damage (Ain't that right Mr Brad T.?) .........:duck:

Other than that....... I like the revisions......... :15_8_211[1]:

Guest ReinyRooster

Russ :o.K.....gonna try this again. If this works the way I plan, there will be 6 patch designs in order from 1-6. Each design has Rally1, Rally2 etc in the lower centre or lower right corner. Vote for the corresponding patch number. Voting will end on November 30th.

Are you off your meds again Russ?:rotf::rotf:

Guest ReinyRooster

Duke, we will be setting up a thread specifically for ordering the patches and T-shirts as soon as we get the pricing, which we couldn't do until we had the patch decided.

That will happen soon. Thanks for the enthusiasm!

Unless I win the lotto I probbably won't be attending the '08 rally, but I guess can still toss in an opinion about the patch and the 'dot-org'....I think?? Anyway, Y'all know I'm always opine-ing.... I think this organization has evolved far beyond a website and is more of a MC association with a common interest, Venture V4's, that happens to have a great website to communicate. It's about time we start calling it what it is. Venture Rider International, and not be so worried about whether the .org has to appear on the patch ???:confused24:

Unless I win the lotto I probbably won't be attending the '08 rally, but I guess can still toss in an opinion about the patch and the 'dot-org'....I think?? Anyway, Y'all know I'm always opine-ing.... I think this organization has evolved far beyond a website and is more of a MC association with a common interest, Venture V4's, that happens to have a great website to communicate. It's about time we start calling it what it is. Venture Rider International, and not be so worried about whether the .org has to appear on the patch ???:confused24:

Well said.......... And, for what it's worth, I am in total agreement. :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

As an asside, it would make it much easier when we are trying to solicit donations from vendors if we appeared to be more than a Web Site.

That's my :2cents: and I'm sticken too it.

It really doesn't bother me one way or the other. Condor makes a good point though. In the early days, it was a way of helping people find us. We have become fairly well known now among the Yamaha riders and it may no longer be necessary.

Just so you know, I did that on the bells. They will have VentureRider on the front but no .org.

Don

I like the patch choice and i like the change . Maybe down the road we could redesign the venture rider logo to a simpler one so in future it can be incoporated into the patches.

I did come up with a simplified logo for some of our earlier caps. Maybe not the best and I'm not suggesting that it be included in this patch, just thought I would let you know. Here is a picture of it on a cap.

Guest BluesLover
it would make it much easier when we are trying to solicit donations from vendors if we appeared to be more than a Web Site

Mr. Owl - in the letters I sent out to vendors asking for their participation in next year's rally, I simply referred to the organization as VentureRiders ... no ".org" for me either ...

Cheers,

Hey Reiny....

I see that KW is not really very far from Niagara Falls.

We have never been to Niagara Falls and we thought it would be good to go while we are so close.

How far is it and how long would it take?

Wayne

Mr. Owl - in the letters I sent out to vendors asking for their participation in next year's rally, I simply referred to the organization as VentureRiders ... no ".org" for me either ... Cheers,

Maybe Venture Riders International???? It has a certain ring to it doncha think??

Guest ReinyRooster

Wayne, Niagara Falls is just over an hour away and will no doubt be included in one of the planned day rides. It's worth seeing.