IGNORED

Lost control - Bought another bike

StarFan

Greetings fellow Venturers.

As some of you might know me and Greta my wife are coming to USA the 11th. of June and had planned to use our USA based bike for the trip. My friend Lynn "pegscraper" has been working on some motor modifications on the bike but at the last minutes before getting the bike ready we had some unexpected technical issues that still remain to be resolved, but am sure that Lynn will figure out soon. But time is running out so I had a very difficult time figuring out what to do. So,,,,Did what we do here on the site when we have trouble = Screamed for help.

Now Big Tom, The Great Old Canary (Freebird) and Cecdoo have been running around helping me buy a new bike and making all kind of plans to make this happen. Today the Old Canar,,,ehhh,, Freebird went to look at a bike for me that was for sale in Cleveland and to put the story short the bike has been bought and will be awaiting mine and Greta´s arrival at Craigs (cecdoos) home in East PA at our arrival.

Freebird is going to pick up the bike and take it to his home in Oberlin.

Big Tom has arranged pioneer Motorsports to bring new White Wall tires for the bike for Maintenance Day along with some other parts, fluid change etc, etc,,,,

Craig and Kim are going to attend in a cage so Craig will be able to drive the bike back to East PA after Maintenance day to have it ready when we arrive.

Quite frankly this group makes the Red Cross look like Cosa Nostra.

I can never thank these guys enough for their unlimited helpfulness and kindness and their support throughout all this mess. Without them our trip would most likely have been canceled with a loss of thousands of dollars (flight tickets, prepaid hotels and so forth).

Would like to add that Craig and Kim told me not to worry if I did not have a bike - I could always loan their second car for the trip - And the old can,,,sorry,,,Freebird said,,,Heck Jonas - You just take my bike,,,I will not need it that period you and Greta are staying,,,,,,,,, And I live in Iceland and I am not here in the US to help you guys out when you need help.

So, with a humble heart and tears in my eyes I just want to say to all of you:

Thank you from the bottom of my heart - I simply have no other words to express my feelings.

Warmest regards to you all,

Jonas and Greta

You are such a big goof...!!!! Wait till MD and you have 200 sets of hands working on your bike....I am bringing the spray gun down along with the pink paint....Its gonna be PURDY......YOU DID SAY PINK RIGHT ?.........There is not one person here that you have not befriended and if the circumstances were reversed you would do the same for any one of us...heck, you have invited Taters and myself into your home in Iceland and believe me if I had any doubts about you we would not be putting ourselves in your hands this July...You are a dear friend and I would trust you with my life...can't wait for you and Gretta to arrive here in Alden and I'm sure you will receive one thousand invitations from members here who want to see you again....(note to all members...if you dont hear from me by july28 please send the calvary to Iceland or pay the randsom...:sign67:)..........:fnd_(16): :fnd_(16):

note to all members...if you dont hear from me by july28 please pay the randsom.............:fnd_(16): :fnd_(16):

Guess that would be, 2 dozen banana splits (packed in dry ice) shipped up there.... After all, you would eat 3/4 of them yourself.

:stickpoke::duck::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Who is this Starfan person? Yes, I got some money from somebody in Iceland and thought it was a very nice generous gesture. Eileen and I are now looking for a boat.

Icelanders are very generous people.. I been recieving gifts from Iceland for the last 6 months....and AUSTRAILIANS too....I always get gifts fro Austraila...mostly electronics...they must LOVE Americans also.............:whistling: :fnd_(16):

Yea, you are right, the Aussies are nice folks. I've got boxes of stuff in the basement from Australia. I usually just open one per day...it's like Christmas all the time. I already had some of that stuff though so just sold those things on Ebay. :)

OK folks...the Eagle has Landed.

The chicken is in the coop.

The shuttle has docked.

Guess what is sitting in MY garage. Hey...at least I finally got a ride in. :)

Jonas...I can report that it IS hitting on all four cylinders.......:whistling:

Jonas...I can report that it IS hitting on all four cylinders.......:whistling:

Ohhh,,,it has a four cylinder engine ? :confused24:

Gone sleeping ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ WastedZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Thank you all my friends for standing by me and making this happen.

Warmest regards from Iceland,

Jonas

Hey Jonas, you are right these guys are the best. As is your country by the way. We were up there a few years ago and ended our break in the Hotel Glymer (whale fyord). I'll never forget sitting in the heated open air pool with a single malt watching the sun go down with all kinds of birds flying over head. We took thermals for our holiday but had no rain and no wind, just sun. If any of you guys are thinking of going to Iceland do it. its an amazing place and you don't have to be geologist to find the landscape and people amazing.

Yes, sounds like these folks doing their best to make you welcome Jonas. Nice bike, and welcome to you and your wife from Fuzzy in Kentucky. I am a full blooded Hillbilly and very very proud of it. Hope to meet you at Freebirds. Can't wait to tell my friend JD what all you folks have done for Jonas, wonderful.

Fuzzy :smile11::325:

Now listen you little icecream,,,,ehhh,,,ehhhh,,,,,whatever !

I do not care if you paint it Pink, Neon Yellow, Neon Green or any ugly color you can think of. If it runs on all four and Greta is comfortable I could not care less.

But there is actually no reason to repaint it, so I would be very grateful if you would just leave it RED !

It is the "Red Baron" - Would be kind of akward to name it the

"Pink Baron" don´t you think !

Regards from Norway,

Jonas