IGNORED

New Play Toy

Condor

That is a nice looking car! :cool10:

Boy, that oughta be worth a lotta work around the house...... (i could never get my 16 yr olds to do anything around the house but a mustang convertible mighta worked!!!!) LOL!

Brian

Yeah... Mama's already nick named it 'LEVERAGE'... :)

Nice car, but for me there is no way a 16 year old would have a 5.0 Mustang.

I know it is none of my business, no offense intended but please teach her the power that car has.

PLEASE take her out in the passenger seat for a couple of WOT starts, to show her why she MUST NOT let any of her male friends drive it.:no-no-no:

From my experience when a girl leaves the house at night, in the car, there is no telling who will end up driving it! I've raised 2 girls, and 1 boy. Boys are MUCH easier.

BTW SWEET ride!!!:)

I know it is none of my business, no offense intended but please teach her the power that car has.

Actually compared to a lot of later models it's a mouse. It had it's day, but those days are long gone. As far as letting a 16 y.o. drive one, it all depends on the kid. This one's pretty level headed, with a ton of common sense...

Honestly I was hoping you would say you would enroll her in a high performance driving school course or something like that. That is just way to much car for a 16 year old. I will stop now as I don't want to be a "flamer" but facts back me up.

Thanks.

PLEASE take her out in the passenger seat for a couple of WOT starts, to show her why she MUST NOT let any of her male friends drive it.:no-no-no:

From my experience when a girl leaves the house at night, in the car, there is no telling who will end up driving it! I've raised 2 girls, and 1 boy. Boys are MUCH easier.

BTW SWEET ride!!!:)

We've already raised 6 kids, 4 girls and 2 boys. The oldest daughter just turned 50, and the wife is leaving Friday for the weekend to attend our 22 y.o. grand daughter's bridal shower... :) I had more trouble with the boys... guess they took after me.... :whistling: Our last two girls, 16 and 13, are our grandkids... which makes 8 total, and we have the pink slip on 'm. (Long story I don't need to get into here.) What really ticks me off is I don't think I can get into the GT. I have a Ford F250 body. :whistling: Otherwise I'd be the one to worry about..... :sign woo hoo:

Edited by Condor

when i gave my daughter her first car, i told her that if i saw anyone even sitting near the drivers seat... even in the parking lot... i would sell it on the spot, and also if anyone was under the hood... yup i'm a mean old sob... but it worked.

The way I see it, had you not thought of her to be responsible enough to own it, you would not have bought it. Parents sticking their kids n these little V-6 fwd's bother me more then that mustang. At least the mustang is something you feel you "need" to respect and will drive accordingly.

Great job with how you have raised them. The responsibility you have instilled allows gifts like this. She has to be like :cool10: :cool10: :cool10:

Your right a 16 Year Old Girl should not be in such a car she needs a bike.

:15_8_211[1]:

Something to be said for that for sure. Our youngest daughter is 16 now and she has expressed interest in riding. If we did decide to do this, she would absolutely take the safety course after riding a mini bike in a field to learn how to balance and fall down.

Than maybe start with a 250 cc max for back road riding, no major highways. We are fortunate we have miles of 2 lane roads here and you can get around pretty good without getting on a 4 lane.

Your right a 16 Year Old Girl should not be in such a car she needs a bike.

:15_8_211[1]:

Went out shopping for my second oldest daughter when she needed wheels. Found a Saab 2L turbo. She wanted it!!! A little sign pasted on the dashboard read: Sit Down, Shut Up, And Hang on. She didn't get it!!!!!!! I mean the Saab, she got a VW instead. Later I bought a 2L natural, and she said it was plenty fast,,,, but she even wonders today, how fast that turbo would have been.

Nice auto, but I hope cost of gas and insurance was considered.

Suprisingly the insurance was less than the Suburban with the same coverage. On the gas.... I don't see her driving it that much... back and forth to school etc..... if she does need fuel she'd better think about flippin' burgers at Micky D's.... :)

What really ticks me off is I don't think I can get into the GT. I have a Ford F250 body. :whistling: Otherwise I'd be the one to worry about..... :sign woo hoo:

:thumbsup2: Jack,I'm voting this for the funniest post....LMAO

when i gave my daughter her first car, i told her that if i saw anyone even sitting near the drivers seat... even in the parking lot... i would sell it on the spot, and also if anyone was under the hood... yup i'm a mean old sob... but it worked.

Mike,just because your bitter about owning a 2nd Gen,you didn't have to take it out on your daughter....:stickpoke: :whistling: :rasberry: :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Condor....I can ship ya a couple of pygmies to ride shotgun with yer daughter in dat Mustang. Neither speed nor boys will be a problem then.:whistling:

Boomer....Spreading the joy of pygmie ownership wherever he goes.:cool10:

If that includes free shipping I'll take a couple of 'm. Nothing like Pygmy Power to keep a kid on the straight and narrow.... :sign20:

nice car. I new what it was as soon as I seen the scoop. I had a 95 gt. Although it was no tame kitten even compared totodays standards.It came with the gt 40 power pacage to which I emidiatly added tons of goodies under the hood and then started in the dash. Had about 5 grand in the motor before it was overr and almost 5000 wats in the stereo. The wife and I were making a show car out of it but it had to go when we started trying to have kids. Mustang plus twins equals ouch my back and we got rid of it for a 2001 explorer. Best trade Ive ever made.

Happy b-day chickie.

and thanks for the walk down memory lane.

David