IGNORED

and again....it snows....

Freebird

and I'm not ready. We got about 12" yesterday. Got most of the driveway cleared and the snowblower broke. I had to order a new needle bearing and bushing for for the chain drive. Amazing that nobody stocks parts for a 40 year old John Deere snow thrower any more. :)

Now it is snowing again so I just hope we don't get too much. I'm guessing it will probably be a week before the parts arrive. :(

Send me a needle bearing for this if you happen to have one in your pocket.

Hmmm, its 75 here and a nice ocean breeze.....still Feb too!!! Need to fire up my Trailblazer and move it a few feet forward to get the bike out of the garage.....:stirthepot::whistling::whistling::snow2:

and I'm not ready. We got about 12" yesterday. Got most of the driveway cleared and the snowblower broke. I had to order a new needle bearing and bushing for for the chain drive. Amazing that nobody stocks parts for a 40 year old John Deere snow thrower any more. :)

Now it is snowing again so I just hope we don't get too much. I'm guessing it will probably be a week before the parts arrive. :(

Looks alot like my Gravely 816 setup with a 38" 2 stage blower. Mine is of 1974 vintage. Wouldn't trade if for 3 of those new machines. I've rebuilt the engine because it wasn't taken care of by the previous owner. The PTO clutch is getting weak, so, thats gonna get replaced in the spring (if it makes it that long).

Don, check out this link, someone close by may have what you need . Until then, it'll make a nice snow plow.

I've got the bearing and the bushing ordered. Should be here by next winter. :) Hopefully we won't get TOO much this time and can burrow through it with the SUV.

Give the pond monsters snow shovels and put em to work!:rotf:

Boomer....who sez shovelling snow is a lot easier than shovelling s*it. :whistling:

ahhh... suck it up cupcake !!!! 12 inches ....sheeesh why bother wasting gas in that snowblower for a measly 12 inches....I thought you were tough..........grab a beer and send the misses and the kids out there and go relax....12 measly inches.........:fnd_(16):

Sometimes when I'm out shoveling, it's still snowing, I'm really struggling, not keeping up with it, over-exerted, getting light headed and dizzy, I lose my bearings also!

Well, where did you think this was going?:snow2:

Is the tractor 40 years old too? If it is it looks good for it's age.

Yes, almost 40, it's a '72 model I think. Has the original 8HP iron Kohler engine. It is a real work horse. It's getting a little tired. I mowed with it one time last summer because I was waiting on a part for my regular mower and it used about a pint of oil while mowing about 3 1/2 acres. Not too bad for it's age. I bought it about 3 or 4 years ago from an older gentleman who had bought it brand new and he took good care of it.

Change the pistons, rings wrist pin and needle bearings and grind or replace valves and you''ll be good for another 40...

Don't let her go too long burning oil or bad things WILL HAPPEN...

By the way... I have a John Deere 440, 1959 model that I rebuilt... Not the motor its still tight. The undercarriage and painted everything, clutches, throwout bearings, and brakes... I just love the old girl...

Ooooooooooooops! What anm I sayin... Shes one year younger than ME! YIKES!

Yes, almost 40, it's a '72 model I think. Has the original 8HP iron Kohler engine. It is a real work horse. It's getting a little tired. I mowed with it one time last summer because I was waiting on a part for my regular mower and it used about a pint of oil while mowing about 3 1/2 acres. Not too bad for it's age. I bought it about 3 or 4 years ago from an older gentleman who had bought it brand new and he took good care of it.

Boss, I can't help but wonder why you included a description of the previous owner. Maybe just to imply that there is someone older than, uhhh, never mind.:no-no-no:

Boss, I can't help but wonder why you included a description of the previous owner. Maybe just to imply that there is someone older than, uhhh, never mind.:no-no-no:

Hey....I know a LOT of people older than me....well...I mean...I know SOME people older than me....well....not as many as I used to but there are still a few. :(

Hey....I know a LOT of people older than me....well...I mean...I know SOME people older than me....well....not as many as I used to but there are still a few. :(

Now what are you trying to say with that statement,,,, this was all about tractors and such and now it's all about people you might know,,,, at least, who you think you might know,,,, somehow I think it's going to come around to friends of mine, so I'd better get the first shot in.