IGNORED

18 Year Drought Ended Today In a Great Way.

Just-Jack

As many of you know or maybe dont know that today was the opening day of the firearm deer hunting season here in Michigan. For many many years (18) I have sat in the woods with my gun sighted in and my nerves very high only to get a doe or a button buck.This year Jack got me a brand new gun and scope .Today was no different other then Jack had decided that he wanted to hunt his sister land 3 hours away and leave me and my daughter to hunt by ourselves. The day was very cold and snow and sleet were coming down but that did not stop me from sitting in the tree stand. At 7;30 this morning I raised my new gun and took aim at a nice size doe and down she went. I thought that well here goes another year of me only getting a doe. At 10:30ish I saw movement only to see that this movement had horns attached I sat and watch a buck come in the left of my blind and I took aim and with my heart pounding I pulled the trigger and I dropped my first buck ever with horns. I saw the best sight ever as he dropped in front of my blind. I broke into tears from finally getting a buck and Jack was no where around to share this with. I didnt want to get out of my blind being opening day so I stayed there and 30 minutes later much to my surprise another buck came and again I held my breathe and took aim and wouldnt you know it I got a 2nd buck...I had to call Jack and let him know and he said we'll be there in a couple of hours he got there in time to help me finish cleaning the 2nd deer. So here are me and my very very very first bucks with horns and the doe that I got too[ATTACH]13519[/ATTACH] Good Luck to every one that ventures out into the woods and please please wear your harnesses in the tree stands

Jessie:2132:

P.S. My daughter did not take anything but she did get a chancd to get a shot at a 10 point Buck

EXCELLENT JOB JESSIE and congratulations!! Secret to hunting,,, when the weather gets nasty the hunting gets better..

and now a word of caution to any would be bad guys out there that even remotely think that our fellow country women are easy targets,,,,,

THAT AINT SHOOTING - THATS KILLIN..

'Puc

You done it now. From now on, only BUCK fever for you. Sad to say it is a growing addiction of sorts.

If i had only wanted horns I probly would of gave up many years ago. It is nice to be out in the woods seeing the wildlife even if it is not white tail. I had always wanted to pass my love of the out of doors to my kids and I have done that with my daughters my oldest got her first buck this fall in the youth hunt and my youngest daughter starts her hunting memories on Sunday November 25th.

Hey Jack,

Congratulations!

Lots of venison in the freezer for the up comming year.

Our season starts this comming saturday.

Steve

So much for eagleeye, actually being an eagle eye, he missed the fact that it is Jess that started this thread.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Guest KitCarson

Hey why don't all of you come down here and thin out our deer population!!! We have lots of them, they are everywhere, especially early of a morning just before dawn, the perfect biker road hazard. We have had several serious incidents this year with bikes and deer in this area. For sure there are a lot of them. Thing is no one can hunt them much, all the public land is gone, or there is a great white hunter behind every tree with a 30/06 rifle and 30/30 ammo, all the land is now controlled by the hunting clubs, or you have to know someone with a lot of land. Hey but you can sit in that tree in your shirt sleeves some days all the way up to Christmas time. More luck to all of you, hope you get them all!! Get those things off the road. Kit

Vey nice congratulations. My thought also was how many are you allowed to kill during your season. Here in Pa. You are allowed one buck and if you buy your doe liscence which allows you a single doe. Then there are the green tag or crop damage areas where you can kill an extra deer if you have the tag. Here is a pic of one i got the year before last. This was the biggest deer I have shot (not points but weight) it was almost 200 pounds which is hugh for around here and the rack is near perfect and it just had to go on the wall.

Our season starts the Monday after Turkey day and I cant wait. I moved my treestand 16 years ago to its current spot and I have got my buck every year since with the exception of last year (I saw 3 buck last year but none were legal Pa. has a law that they have to be at least a 6 point or at least 3 on a side). But now I have the itch.

Paul

What is it with Americans and guns?

What did that deer do to upset you so much you wanted to kill it?:no-no-no:

Oh I forgot your from Down under where they took most of yours away. Some of us like them some of us dont. I gotta say I would 'nt want to travel to many countries on this earth without one and I have traveled alot. When your the worlds policeman (cause the rest of the world wants to look the other way or take payoffs or is afraid to do anything) you gotta know how to shoot. I personally have no problem with them been shooting since I was 10. Hunting here for many is a time honored family/friend tradition more in the rural areas then in the cities but you have your city people that participate too. Do you eat meat? What the difference if you kill it or someone else kills it for you? If a gangbanger kills another gangbanger with one I think its a good thing kind of a self cleaning. Were not perfect by anymeans but much of this world is very screwed up and very corrupt.

Jess, good job, I wish I could get out there this year but my schedule prohibits me this year.