IGNORED

18 Year Drought Ended Today In a Great Way.

Just-Jack

Congats!!! So we could say that this spring there will be M&E at your house with some back strap on the grill !! :whistling:

Hey I have no problem sharing any part of the deer but not the BACK STRAPS lol

I think that we might have to have them on the grill for Christmas Eve...just an idea Heck I might as well have a wildlife met and eat and bring something that you have got ...I can only image what size bugs people could bring that they got in there teeth lol

Jessie

Vey nice congratulations. My thought also was how many are you allowed to kill during your season. Here in Pa. You are allowed one buck and if you buy your doe liscence which allows you a single doe. Then there are the green tag or crop damage areas where you can kill an extra deer if you have the tag. Here is a pic of one i got the year before last. This was the biggest deer I have shot (not points but weight) it was almost 200 pounds which is hugh for around here and the rack is near perfect and it just had to go on the wall.

Our season starts the Monday after Turkey day and I cant wait. I moved my treestand 16 years ago to its current spot and I have got my buck every year since with the exception of last year (I saw 3 buck last year but none were legal Pa. has a law that they have to be at least a 6 point or at least 3 on a side). But now I have the itch.

Paul

that sure is a pretty buck I would love to have the head mounted but I settled for just the horns and will mount them on a plaque that has the state of michgan for the back drop. Our tags are land owners doe permit daily if i wanted to buy them 10 dollars a pop and combo tag that allows me to get 2 bucks plus we also have block permits that allow you to tag a certain amount of deer because of crop damage, Good luck and please be safe we just lost a hunter that fell asleep in his blind and fell out

Jessie:2132:

Well in the spirit of the season and not wanting to be out down by his wife my hubby and my daughter went out and endured the freezing tempatures to sit in the woods. At 8 am I got a call that woke me out of bed as I did not want to go hunting again and All i heard was deer down. Jack said that he had taken a doe and then said that he wont have a shot at a buck because I took them all.[ATTACH]13544[/ATTACH]

Next weekend I get the chance to hunt again but this time it will be with the newest hunter of our family my 11 year daughter..her birthday is on Sunday and she will be of age to sit in the woods with a gun for deer hunting and all she wants for her birthday is to hunt in the woods with mom. So I cant say no to that now can I. Be safe and enjoy the outdoors

Jessie

Nice Job Jess!

I used to hunt years ago and I still haven't taken a deer yet. Just dont have the time or the place to hunt. Good on ya there Kiddo :happy34:

Hey Brad if you decide you want to take up hunting again you are more than welcome to come down to my place any time.

Jess congrats on a good hunt. Like there we have land owner permits here. If we all hunted both Archery and firearms we could get a combination of 21 bucks and 40 does. Thats alot of meat. but since Im the only one that hunts 2 is more than enough to last us for the year. Again congrats.

John

Great shooting Jess!!!! I had a nice 6 pointer behind me for 10 minutes.I tried changing my position in the tree stand to get the better angle for the shot..Wrong move..:( Tree stand creaked deer took off ..No shot= no venison..:bang head:

I have been there done that so many times.I would say that there is always be a next time.... Or better yet I can remeber when I first started hunting I would be in such an awh of the herd that I would let them walk with in 20 yards right by me. We have bought the buddy stand that sits 2 people but there has never been more then just one person in it. The buddy stand just give you all the room and more with a seat that is 4 feet long and have plenty of room to stretch out if you want to catch a cat nap in the woods.......not as if I ever did that before. and I always have my harness on safety first

Jessie :2132:

. . . Next weekend I get the chance to hunt again but this time it will be with the newest hunter of our family my 11 year daughter..her birthday is on Sunday and she will be of age to sit in the woods with a gun for deer hunting. . .

Do I read that right - 11 years old?

Hey Squid how will you ever ever get a shot gun to ride on your bike??? that will have to be a custom leather carrying case right???

You betcha!

It'll be just like in the westerns with the sling on the side, just like on the horses....only mine is Iron :happy34:

Do I read that right - 11 years old?

Well yes she is 11 right now she will be 12 on Sunday. she is very excited to go out with mom and hunt..I dont know who is more excited me or her.. It is a family tradtion that was passed down to me from my dad and if I had 3 boys I would of passed it down just the same but I had 2 girls and 1 boy. So yes the legal age to hunt with a shot gun is 12 in Michgan but you can start bow hunting at 10...

Jessie

• 2 weeks later...

Well we got the call to pick up the vension and I guess it has been a great number of years that we have had this much meat. I have never filled my freezer with this much meat I didnt even have enough room for all of it in the deep freeze....:cool10:..I guess it time to start making sausage and jerky

[ATTACH]13739[/ATTACH]

Come on over. :) Actually, I used to hunt a lot and have put many deer in the freezer but haven't hunted in about 15 years now. My wife's nephew dropped of some venison last week though so I do have some in the freezer. :thumbsup2:

Not the same as it being your own though. I used to do my own butchering and everything.

I use to do that as well but with work and only getting time off to be in the woods it makes it hard. We found a great local butcher that does a great job and is pretty reasonable on the price. It is only a couple of miles away from the hunting property so it makes it easy to take it to and pick it up

Jessie

Well Monday was the first day of deer season here in Pa. and it was raining and miserable, until 8:25am when a nice 6 point (should have been 8 but one side was broken off) walked 10 feet from my stand. I shot him and was back home by 10:30. I have to go and pick up the meat today, I was going to cut it myself but it was almost 50 on Monday and was a little to warm for me to hang. So another year down with anothe buck. I moved my tree stand 16 years ago to its current spot. There is a creek behind me about 20 yards and a swamp to my left about 30 yards away and the deer cross right at my stand from 3 different directions. Just the greatest spot in such a small patch of woods no one comes in and bothers me. In 16 years I have taken 15 bucks from that stand and all but 2 have been taken on the first day. I feel sort of cheated that my season is over so early but its a good thing. Afriend has to work the rest of the season so i might go out Monday and try to fill his tag for him as we are suppose to get snow on Sunday night. Gotta love this time of year.

Paul

Well Monday was the first day of deer season here in Pa. and it was raining and miserable, until 8:25am when a nice 6 point (should have been 8 but one side was broken off) walked 10 feet from my stand. I shot him and was back home by 10:30. I have to go and pick up the meat today, I was going to cut it myself but it was almost 50 on Monday and was a little to warm for me to hang. So another year down with anothe buck. I moved my tree stand 16 years ago to its current spot. There is a creek behind me about 20 yards and a swamp to my left about 30 yards away and the deer cross right at my stand from 3 different directions. Just the greatest spot in such a small patch of woods no one comes in and bothers me. In 16 years I have taken 15 bucks from that stand and all but 2 have been taken on the first day. I feel sort of cheated that my season is over so early but its a good thing. Afriend has to work the rest of the season so i might go out Monday and try to fill his tag for him as we are suppose to get snow on Sunday night. Gotta love this time of year.

Paul

Congrats to you and good luck hunting on Monday. Nobody come on our land either but they hunt the outlines of our property where the 2 meet. Kind of scary when you dont see them until you get out of your blind and catch a patch of orange not that far from you thank goodness for a lot of tree and the direction of the blind faces in both cases. They have been there for years but I have never met them kind of funny huh. but I dont feel like walking up to anybody with a loaded gun. Owell have a safe one shot straight as my daughter says becuase it only takes one bullet....