IGNORED

Wisconsin maintenance day 2011

Scooter Bob

June 11 weekend. Karen and I would like to host the WI MD this year at our house in Fox Lake.

We have plenty of room for camping, 2 car garage with a bar, good neighbors (some may even stop by), and motels available in Beaver Dam and Waupun.

The VR calendar is filling up fast, so I want to get the ball rolling.

Happening on June 11, and the invitation would be good for Friday afternoon through Sunday. We can fix everything that broke on the way back from Freebird's MD the week before.

Is this OK with everyone, and is anyone interested?

Later, Scooter Bob and Karen

Here's a link to the event in the calendar....

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=240&day=2011-6-11&c=1

Edited by Scooter Bob
added calendar link

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If'n we get the swing arm modified with grease zerks.... that may be a great time to do the install.

Hummingbird sent the swing out to me, I should be getting it today or early next week. :dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

Yes it would. I'm lookin' forward to seeing the insides of that thing.

I should have mentioned that I do have a lift, and I will get a lift adapter made up before then, as the wooden blocks I have bolted to it now aren't the safest way to lift other peoples bikes.

Later, Scooter Bob

Bob,

Mimi and I would love an excuse to drive thru the UP to get there. Unfortunately Uncle Sam (US Army) has me that exact weekend. Yep I know the sooner you set a date the better and will not fit everybody's schedule. We will keep an eye on this WI-MD and adjust if the date changes for many other reasons yet unknown.

Sounds good to me.

I just hope that that is not the same weekend as another event that I am kind of required to attend.

But be careful, If I remember correctly, (and I usually do:whistling:) at the last WI MD the 1st gens out numbered the 2nd gens and the 2nd gens had the most work getting done.

Maybe even I can get some work done on my bike this time .......:whistling::stickpoke:

Edited by Flyinfool

Oh NO, I can see it happening already.:bang head:

Ya let a guy sneak in with an HD, and pretty soon somebodies gonna wanna bring in one of them 1st gens too.:stickpoke:

What's next?:doh:

Ya,I guess we'll see if we can make it...:cool10:

Hopefully the 1st gen will make it...:buttkick:

See Craig, look what you started, I hate to be an "I told you so" but...:stickpoke:

The only hang up will be Shari's work schedule....

If it all works out,maybe I can get the lift table down a couple of weeks ahead of time and then you will have it...:beer:

Hopefully it's far enough out that Shari can work something out.:scratchchin:

I noticed your garage was pretty crowded.:scratchchin: I'd be happy to store that lift table fer ya...just to be a good friend and help you out ya know.:beer:

Oh NO, I can see it happening already.:bang head:

Ya let a guy sneak in with an HD, and pretty soon somebodies gonna wanna bring in one of them 1st gens too.:stickpoke:

What's next?:doh:

:sign just kidding:

Be good to see you again Craig.

Later, Scooter Bob

IH Truck Guy and I resemble that remark! Your just jealous!:backinmyday:

• 3 weeks later...

Oh man, I still can't decide between the 2 MDs. I don't think I can escape two weekends in a row.

If I can get a trailer on my bike to haul the camping gear then I would really like to make my first appearance at Dons.

The better half does not ride. Besides, I can get into a lot more trouble without her.....:duck:

Oh man, I still can't decide between the 2 MDs. I don't think I can escape two weekends in a row.

If I can get a trailer on my bike to haul the camping gear then I would really like to make my first appearance at Dons.

The better half does not ride. Besides, I can get into a lot more trouble without her.....:duck:

If you would like to borrow a trailer, you are welcome to mine. Not that pretty, but works great. Let me know.

RR

If I use your trailer, then how are you going to get to Dons???:confused24::confused24:

Don't think this is the year to be at Don's. Will do that one of these years, but this year is (trying to get) filling up with LD events. You are welcome to use the trailer and take some tools along (jack, Carbtune, Colortune, etc.) if you would like. I'm pretty sure I will be at Scooter Bob's MD on Saturday.

RR

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for hosting scooter Bob

I am planning on being there. I've tried to get there the last 2 years but the times just didn't work, but I have this day on my calender already. So how does this work do we just bring along the parts that we think we'll need? Should i let you know what I'm hoping to do to my 2nd Gen? I don't think it needs much I only have about 15000 miles on it, what do you all recommend, any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Jeff

Thanks for hosting scooter Bob

I am planning on being there. I've tried to get there the last 2 years but the times just didn't work, but I have this day on my calender already. So how does this work do we just bring along the parts that we think we'll need? Should i let you know what I'm hoping to do to my 2nd Gen? I don't think it needs much I only have about 15000 miles on it, what do you all recommend, any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Jeff

Oh boy, another JEFF to keep track of. :stickpoke:

:sign just kidding:

A MD is a bunch of guys doing wrenchin'. If you can do your own, maybe you can help someone. If not, you may see something you can learn from.

You're right, not a whole lot you need to do at 15k. I presume you changed the back brake pads when you did the 7k (bridgestone)- 10k (dunlop) rear tire change. Maybe air filters and spark plugs if you haven't looked at them yet.

If you have any big wrenchin' plans, a heads up might be a good idea, to make sure we can do it.:scratchchin:

I have a carbtune to sync the carbs, and lots of general tools and a lift. I will try to have a tire changer available as well.

Any parts/fluids you need, you'll have to bring. That includes any adult beverages you might want.

You're more than welcome to camp Friday or Saturday night as well. There will be plenty of consumption and general BSin in the evenings. And, there will be plenty of food available.

Hope you can make it,