IGNORED

Wisconsin maintenance day 2011

Scooter Bob

Thanks, I had to make sure it would hold up when Bubber and IH Truck Guy get into it over which gen is faster! (I'll edit in the stick poke and the just kiddin' sign in a bit)

http://tapa.tk/mu/a6b54049-2034-d2b8.jpg

Just needs a little trim work, some good paint on the step, lacquer on the top, and put in the stainless kick panels, and it's good to go!

We can't wait for the fun to begin!

Later, Scooter Bob

So where is the pole smart guy????????:stickpoke: :whistling: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm just say'n................:D :D :D

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I had to make sure it would hold up when Bubber and IH Truck Guy get into it over which gen is faster! :stickpoke::sign just kidding:

Why does IH Truck Guy think that 2nd gens are the fastest too? No argument there!

:missingtooth::missingtooth::missingtooth:

I can't believe my eyes read that......:bang head::bang head::bang head:

:rasberry: :rasberry:

Sopunds like good time,Yooper can make it sofar. Put the OLD GIRL down this far she had 206 thou on her now getting thr 93 readdy for some fun, almost done few more hours but we got 3inches of new snow on the ground, seeyou guys in the month fo June. 73 Yoop

Sopunds like good time,Yooper can make it sofar. Put the OLD GIRL down this far she had 206 thou on her now getting thr 93 readdy for some fun, almost done few more hours but we got 3inches of new snow on the ground, seeyou guys in the month fo June. 73 Yoop

We would love to see you again Yooper. :thumbsup2:

Lookin' forward to it, Scooter Bob and Karen

hoping to make it down saturday...if you can handle another jeff

I think will just give them numbers in order of arrival.:confused24: We'll figure something out.:scratchchin:

was wondering if i could get some help with a skydoc clutch upgrade.

I haven't done that one yet, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last month?:confused24:

Should be plenty of folks to help you take it apart though.:rotfl:

Seriously, I'd be surprised if someone here hasn't done it already. I saw some of one apart at the TX MD 3 weeks ago, and I've heard it's not too tough. Bring it on down, and I'm sure we can get it fixed up.:thumbsup2:

Later, Scooter Bob

hoping to make it down saturday but have to be bck by 3:30.was wondering if i could get some help with a skydoc clutch upgrade. if you can handle another jeff

If the clutch upgrade is the same for both a 1st and 2nd gen then it is about a half hour job, the second time you do it. It takes an hour the first time.

You need to be sure there is a small torque wrench there.

I wont know till the last minute whether I can sneak out of the house for 3 weekend trips in a row....:happy-emoticon: :Avatars_Gee_George: :mo money:

• 1 month later...

Is anyone looking to change tires???? If there's only a couple to do, we can just take the rims down the road 8 miles and Benny will swap the tires for $10 each. If there's more than that, I can try to get one here and bolted down.

Just let me know if you want to do tires. If you do, you can have them shipped here if you would like.

They'll only have a couple thousand miles on them by the time you get here.:stickpoke:

Another might be fun thing to do if anyone wants to...The flat screen over the bar can do slide shows off a USB drive. If you want to run trip pics on there for a while, put all the JPEG pics in a folder called DCIM on the thumb drive. Let's see where everyone's been.

If you haven's already done so, please sign up in the calendar so we know how much food and stuff to plan for...http://www.venturerider.org/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=240&day=2011-6-11&c=1

See you all in a few weeks, Scooter Bob and Karen

Will anyone be coming that has done a 1st gen TCI diode replacement?

Is this a realistic WI MD project?

I can do the soldering part of it, I am very comfortable working on electronics. I just am not sure what all is involved in getting the TCI in and out of the bike. and or relocating it to the top of the air cleaner.

After reading up on the TCI job, it sounds a little ambitious for a MD project.

But with Erikas foot issues, Dons MD is looking less likely and this one is looking more likely since I will only be gone from home for about 16 hours instead of 3 days. And with all of my new lights on the bike, riding home in the dark will be safer than it was last year.