IGNORED

Looking for some feedback

I have a '99 RSV and in this off season I want to update my bike to make it more comfortable for my wife (rider). Wondering what suggestions you guys have and what you have done to make it a little better.

Wondering about armrests. Are they work the effort?

How about other suggestions?

Thanks,

Scott....

Armrests are a very nice addition for comfort, (with the arm portions covered in sand paper) and don't forget to attach a cup holder for her (one that permits her drink to fall through on take off). She might also enjoy some adjustable foot boards for stretching out her legs. Just make sure they are mounted between YOUR butt and the rear crash bars.

You can install a leather pouch on the back of YOUR (drivers) back rest so she has a place handy for all her personal junk, gum, lipstick, lip balm, and things of that nature that can melt in the sun.. You can add a cell phone charger to the side of the pouch on the back of the drivers back rest so she can plug in and charge her phone easily. Just dont connect it to your battery..this way she can't short anything out..

Now, on the inside of the lid of the same pouch, you can add a mirror so she can flip it up and do what all women seem to do. Some think it really helps whatever it is..

Behind the same pouch you may as well add a magazine rack so she has something to read during those boring city rides too...

You can also attach a flexible 2 inch hose to either exhaust (your choice) and connect it to the rear side of her helmet..You will also need to install an on/off valve so she can blow dry her hair after being caught in the rain.

Please note: It's best if you connect this hose near the rear of the muffler so she can "hear" the hair dryer working..

Now some guys prefer the method of utilizing their wife's "FULL FACE HELMET" for personal reason unknown to this writer......but they say it helps relax their wife so much they tend to fall "asleep" REAL FAST.....

You can also install a 12 volt body massager inside her back rest (or in her seat........) to let her massage those tender places that tend to tighten up during those long rides.

Now I'll let the others chime in on what THEY would recommend..

Hey Scott,

because of the suggestions posted above, ECK rides ALONE a lot these days. And if you happen to have the pleasure to met ECK, a nicer person will be hard to find, BUT you will more than likely think that his father was a pickle because of all of the knots all about his head, delivered, I'm sure by the passenger of his trusty steed.:crackup:

A member on the site here, Rick Butler, does an excellent job of adding "memory foam" to the stock seats of the RSV and RSTD. You can find his ad in the Classifieds under "Member Vendor"s" Now I must admit that this mod is not nearly as exciting as an exhaust driven blow dryer, or a plug in for your wife's electric toothbrush, but the seat mod might keep you from starting your OWN collection of those nasty little knots all over your head like ECK. After all, we wouldn't want people to think that you and ECK share the same pickle for a father! The floorboard idea has merit as well.:Laugh:

Earl

i made arm rest for the wife and got peg risers so she could have the option of moving her feet from floorboard to a higher level on pegs. that she really liked. i have pillow top seats. added a cup holder and a pouch for her. i added leds in the back and on the sides of saddle bags, she worried about being seen. she`s findely happy, for now.

I have a '99 RSV and in this off season I want to update my bike to make it more comfortable for my wife (rider). Wondering what suggestions you guys have and what you have done to make it a little better.

Thanks,

Scott....

Are there any specific things that your wife has mentioned as far as discomfort? Is the seat too hard? Is the foot/leg position uncomfortable? Does the backrest hit her in the wrong spot? Maybe we could focus our suggestions if we knew where the problems were.

Some of the things that may be overlooked,,,, such as perceived safety, lights as mentioned already, a good horn, somebody to check the scoot over real good, (could be yourself, but let her know you are doing it), tire pressures and tread.

Seat comfort is important and all those little extra things Eck mentioned, but if she doesn't feel safe, she may go with you, but not relaxed, and so not enjoy the ride as long or as much.

Pillow tops would be good, but good luck I have been looking for a set for a while my self,,,:confused24:

KJ are you the guy that wanted to swap a corbin for pillowtops??? If so I can make the deal now... I just scored a freebie truck so I have backup wheels now... before i couldn't go without my seat and at the time I was planning on coming to TX... Well plans changed .. My Bro in FL needed me to help him out... But if you wanna swap that corbin for my pillows I'm ready..

My wife loves her Diamond R armrests and adjustable foot pegs, beverage holder keeps the complaints to a minimum (other than my speed). Armrests along with my Utopia backrest makes her feel very secure ~~ She actually reads books or naps while cruising the interstates!

Went with a Russell Day Long custom seat. We're in the saddle 11 hour days without and discomfort or complaints. No more butt breaks ~We only stop for gas, chow and restroom. :crackup:

How about a DVD player on the back of the drivers back rest so she can watch her favorite chick flicks. Disconnect the screen for the backrest, add some tilting hardware, and the player in the trunk.

I don't see how she could be bored...there is a cassette player.:)

:think:Off Season?

I am confused

Thanks,

Scott....

Thanks for all the responses!

I already have added a driver backrest that has the pouch for her stuff. I need to look into what you guys are referring to when you are talking about adjustable passenger foot pegs. She has complained that after a 200 mile day, her knees are sore.

I still am not sure about the armrests. I can see your point for security, but do they really use them verse just have hands lay in lap?

As for the off season... It was 1 degree F this morning with a stiff breeze. More snow this weekend with some below zero mornings coming next week. November is a very sad time of the year knowing I am parking both the bass boat and the bike....:-(

Scott....

Thanks,

Scott....

I have installed a set of saddlebag rails, a cup holder for me, mp3 player, and then I leave her at home on the couch where she is the most comfortable. That way when she does go riding, she never complains.

:starz::dancefool::shock3: