IGNORED

Deer Avoidance Gadget ?

GolfVenture

Air velocity whistles are based on the idea that compressed air traveling through the whistles generates frequencies that alert animals and cause them to stop movement. Air Velocity Whistles Electronic whistles are engineered to produce both an ultrasonic frequency heard by smaller animals and a sonic frequency heard by humans and large animals such as deer. The sounds emitted are supposed to alert the deer that something is coming and as the vehicle draws closer, the sound gets louder so the deer are less likely to be startled by the oncoming car and jump in front of it. Electronic Whistles

I live in deer country where one can see between 20-50 deer EVERY EVENING along the roads. That being said... Deer are wild animals, they are UNPREDICTABLE... nothings fool proof.

I'd still buy the Hornet and no I don't sell em. I also dress for the worst and hope for the best, but hey, thats just the boyscout in me...

I also, try to be in before 6 PM as thats when they seem to be on the move.

Personally though, people that place more emphasis on keeping money in their wallets than doing everything in their power to protect themselves are idiots...:crackup:

anyone that lives in deer country and knows the critters knows thoses whistles are a scam that do one thing well------- Seperate idiots from their money

Personally though, people that place more emphasis on keeping money in their wallets than doing everything in their power to protect themselves are idiots...:crackup:

there ya go ...yer an idiot if ya do and an idiot if ya don't ... I guess that makes me an idiot regardless.... :rasberry: :rotf:

I switched over last year to the Hornets and they work very well.

I agree with the Caption. I live in the same situation as he does.

just my opinion.

As far as all my other vehicles we just lowered our comp to a $100 deductible

cost is about $5 extra per month. that includes broken glass, deer hits etc.

(Deer are rutting right now :D)

The one thing that nobody has mentioned yet,, is that you have to turn them whistles on before you go out,,,,,, I know,,, because sometimes I forget and then I don't see any deer at all,,,,, other times I think about turning them on and the results are amazing,,,,, still no deer,,,,, wonder what would happen if I actually did turn them on:think::think:,,, next thing is,,, do I remember where the switch is?

SilvrT,

"there ya go ...yer an idiot if ya do and an idiot if ya don't ... I guess that makes me an idiot regardless.... :rasberry: :rotf: "

Well think about it, riding a motorcycle isn't exactly the safest thing you can do....

But.... IT SURE PUTS A SMILE ON OUR FACES!

Like a dog sticking his head out the window of a moving car!

WaaaaaaaaaaHoooo!:178:

Air velocity whistles are based on the idea that compressed air traveling through the whistles generates frequencies that alert animals and cause them to stop movement. Air Velocity Whistles Electronic whistles are engineered to produce both an ultrasonic frequency heard by smaller animals and a sonic frequency heard by humans and large animals such as deer. The sounds emitted are supposed to alert the deer that something is coming and as the vehicle draws closer, the sound gets louder so the deer are less likely to be startled by the oncoming car and jump in front of it. Electronic Whistles

I live in deer country where one can see between 20-50 deer EVERY EVENING along the roads. That being said... Deer are wild animals, they are UNPREDICTABLE... nothings fool proof.

I'd still buy the Hornet and no I don't sell em. I also dress for the worst and hope for the best, but hey, thats just the boyscout in me...

I also, try to be in before 6 PM as thats when they seem to be on the move.

The worst is people count on those fool things and bad things happen Loud pipes and bright lights do better but ain't nothing going to distract a buck hot on the trail of a doe so count on those things if you want but you'll have the chance of ending up like a buddy of mine not only hitting the deer but getting gored (that almost killed him) btw they move at sunset (good time to avoid country roads) but during rut luck only gets you through. and why spend money if you get no protection

Like I said before deer are wild animals. I wouldn't count on anything INCLUDING loud pipes to save my carcus. But I know for a fact any noise at all is better than getting right up on them before they are aware of your presence.

I Emailed the Hornet company as a lot of places on the internet have references to Major Insurance companys endorsing them... Will let you all know.

Also had references to the fact AAA endorses and in fact their travel stores carry The Hornet. :think:

As I don't belong to AAA I'm finding this hard to prove one way or the other...

http://www.ridesafer.com/Hornet_Electronic_Deer_Avoidance_System_p/hnt120-bc.htm

Maybe ECK could look into this:stickpoke: for us.

A hundred bucks for one of those things.wow!!! send me a hundred and I'll be sure to tell every deer I know to stay out of your way! you'll be just as protected and you'll have the satifaction of spending some money on your self-perservation

but.... the deer you know ain't the one's we need tellin... :witch_brew: :rasberry: :rotf:

I had dear whistles on my old first gen venture..........why you ask???????????????...........because they were chrome. Don't recall ever hitting a deer for that matter I don't recall ever seeing a deer. Now I'm much older and the only way I feel safe around deer at night is when I'm watching them on TV. I don't ride in deer country at night if I can help it and if I do I slooooooow way down and look far ahead. Just my .02.

Does the Pond Monster at Freebird's keep us away from Maintenance Day each year?

Does a full stomach keep us away from DQ after each M & E?

Does a HD rider waive back at us after we laugh at him because he's trailering his bike?

Does a Toll booth refuse to let us go by without paying the toll because we are good looking?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, then go ahead and buy a whistle! :crackup::stickpoke: :crackup:

BEER30

• 2 years later...

Someone at church mentioned the Deer Device to me. After leaving Glacier NP and heading the back roads to Helena, MT we spent most of our scenic drive on deer watch. They were more numerous then fly's at a cook out! I realized this site would have the most up to date, scientific, research data available to mankind! Once again I am not disappointed!!!

Maybe the answer to the deer problem is not a gadget that we put on our bikes, all have which have failed to work when scientifically tested.

Maybe the answer is this:

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/11/27/electronic-deer-deterrent-could-prevent-over-1-million-accidents-each-year/?intcmp=features

Will be interesting to see what comes from it.