IGNORED

It must be the people

eazyduzzit

I've been a member of this sight for a couple of years. I haven't met many of you, but I feel like I know you. The people here are always helpful no matter what you need help with.

I recently bought a Harley, and thought I would check out the Harley forums. I won't name the forum, but it seems like no matter what the question over there you always get a lot of sarcastic answers, or are just plain mean to the OP.

If someone asks a question about why choose a HD over another brand, you get one of those "If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand" answers.

I'm just saying we're luck to have a better class of people here. After reading Eck's "VR saved my life" post, it got me thinking about it.

There are lots of things I'd like to learn about the new ride. I'd like to find a forum like this one dedicated to touring Harleys, but I don't know if one exists.

Edited by eazyduzzit

Guest scarylarry

I've been a member of this sight for a couple of years. I haven't met many of you

We can change that real fast and simple, I'm 3 hrs from you at tops I run to Gatlinburg couple times a month, so anytime ya want to meet up and I'm in the area we can do lunch, oh I'll bring the oil dry for the HD.....LOL

I've been a member of this sight for a couple of years. I haven't met many of you

We can change that real fast and simple, I'm 3 hrs from you at tops I run to Gatlinburg couple times a month, so anytime ya want to meet up and I'm in the area we can do lunch, oh I'll bring the oil dry for the HD.....LOL

The meet and eat in Lexington NC is only 4 hours away.

Heck you can ask your questions here we got guys that own harleys as well. We pick on ya but you know we love ya anyway. Sorry you ran into a hard time on the harley site. You are more then welcome to make it on over to the Lexington BBQ festival m&e. Or we can leave it up to Larry to plan a meet and get to know you eat so we can all show up to meet you in person. :whistling: Don't be scared now, we won't hurt ya unless you want us to. :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Margaret

Got a honey to do thing that weekend:bang head::bang head:

My SON (of all people) told me that "honey do" lists should always end with the same 2 letters.

I asked him what he meant and he said "last thing on the list should be an M and E"

When I looked at him with that dim witted "I don't get it" look :sign brain fart:, he patiently explained it to dumb old Dad

......Honey Do......ME!

I must be getting old!

Speaking of dim witted.....there was a question about Harley's coming next on this thread wasn't there?:stickpoke:

Guest scarylarry
My SON (of all people) told me that "honey do" lists should always end with the same 2 letters.

I asked him what he meant and he said "last thing on the list should be an M and E"

When I looked at him with that dim witted "I don't get it" look :sign brain fart:, he patiently explained it to dumb old Dad

......Honey Do......ME!

I must be getting old!

Speaking of dim witted.....there was a question about Harley's coming next on this thread wasn't there?:stickpoke:

This ain't a list, it is more she wanted to do something, I just agree to it cause I know my dumb mouth will get me in trouble with her does everytime

You know, I have only been a member for a few months, but this website is incredible. The people on here are great, friendly, helpful, and very supportive of each other. All you have to do is look at the different posts each night and you see more then just bikes, you see folks needing a prayer, needing advice, and sometimes just needing a ear, and they find it here. You also have riders sharing their thoughts, or pictures of grandbabies. The one thing you don't see is politics(Thank God)!! The creators of this site is to be commended (I guess Freebird is the driving force, and he apparently has some really, really, great people backing him up), for it truly brings togather riders from all over the US, Canada, and distant shores (Australia), to talk bikes and build friendships. I figure I will be a venture rider for a long time!!:thumbsup:

guess Freebird is the driving force, and he apparently has some really, really, great people backing him up

In the beginning the people you refer to are basically you and many others. To this day Don still asks the opinions of what the majority would like to see and he makes it happen.

AS the site grew he needed some help moderating basically to keep it in line but they really don't have to do much :stirthepot: most people behave

Brad

I'm new here, but I can back up what the OP says. I've been using online forums for years. I'm a moderator on a model specific Ford forum, and I've owned my own offroad club web site and forum for a while. I've felt right at home here since day one.

Since I also own a Harley, I immediately signed up on one of their fan forums, and it's been a huge let down. A large percentage of those guys think they believe in the "lifestyle" that is HD. Truth be told, they are probably a bunch of doctors and lawyers who are internet tough guys. I seriously doubt any of them know what a wrench is, much less own their own tools and work on their own junk. That is evident by the amount of beginner mechanical questions, followed immediately with sarcastic posts from other members. Sometimes you can go through 10 pages of posts before finding a single, relevant answer to the OP's question. That is not the case here, though.

I have a rule about not paying for things that should be free. Information from web sites is one of them. This is the first time I have ever paid for a subscription to any web site. I have poured money into my own site, and to the site that I moderate, but that is different. Those weren't "membership fees." I still had plenty of time left on my trial subscription, but I had already decided that I want to stick it out here for a while.

:welcome1:to the asylum!!! :missingtooth:

I thought we were suppose to wait a bit before informing them of the asylum status? We also need to get them measured for their own little white jackets. :whistling:Of course we can have them dyed to match your bike. :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Margaret

You are exactly right, this site started about the bikes, but has turned into a family. I too am a member of HDforums, there is good info there, but getting it is like pulling teeth. You just have to know how to tickle their ego's....such is life.

Were glad your here, as well as all the members that call this place home. This is a VERY unique site and you wont find another place quite like this on the web. Don has often commented that this site has surpassed his wildest expectations. It truely is the people that make this place what it is, I'm glad that I'm here

:)

Edited by Squidley

I know exactly what you mean. When I was thinking about getting an ultra classic I signed up for one of the harley sites that one of my harley buddies was always raving about what a great site it was. I was going to just see what the harley guys were saying about the ultra classic. I still go on the site every month or so and I can tell that I wouldn't want to associate with most of the people on that site. Don would never let the language and topics they discuss on this site. They are different people. They will sling the f word around and other words that you wouldn't want to hear. They don't completely spell the f word but will leave out one letter so it's obvious that's what they are saying. The class of people on here is definately higher. Well, most are higher. LOL.

Did someone say group hug???

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e330/rentalguy1/funnygroup-hug-1.jpg

Sorry...couldn't resist!

OK, so im staying out of Tennessee.............

This is a VERY unique site and you wont find another place quite like this on the web. Don has often commented that this site has surpassed his wildest expectations. It truely in the people that make this place what it is, I'm glad that I'm here

:)

Squidley, you are right. My day job is a forum host for a major software manufacturer. So, I know whereof I speak. This forum has somehow stumbled onto that 'secret sauce' that social forums like this are always looking for but seldom find. I've been talking to my boss about this site. About how a newbie can jump in and ask newbie questions and be welcomed. And about the way you genuinely care for one another (you can deny it, but it's obvious to an outsider).

Now, our community would look like a giant compared to this one, but we are always trying to improve. The one thing I wish I knew how to export though is the passion. You love to ride and you love your ride and you love to talk about your ride. So, when someone asks a question and you know the answer, you're not only willing to post...it's hard to get you to shut up!:duck:JK

This community has a special fabric that holds it together. Part of that is your host who builds and modifies and asks opinions. Part of it is a site that's easy to navigate. But, Squidley is absolutely correct, the biggest and most important ingredient are you, the members. You should all be very proud to call this site your home. I just wish more of you lived out here in the wild, wild west. I can only pine away when you talk of meet and greets and group rides and mechanic days...

OK, sermon over. Back to the fun and games!:group cheers: