IGNORED

Wild Hair 39/LAPryor Assistance Fund

LilBeaver

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update:

I arrived in Springfield, Mo last night at 10:30pm. Got very little sleep thanks to the motel being next to a rail road that I didnt know about..

Got up and started for his place and my GPS decided it was time for it's last words...

In 3/10ths of a mile, Turn right onto N lyon avenue....arrrrrivvvvviiiing aaaaaatttttt 22224444222288, and the whole screen when out and that was that..but that was certainly strange it did that..I tried several times to get it to work, said the heck with it.

Met with LA at 7:30am, had coffee with him on his front porch and we yaked about past history rides, all the great VR people we know and met, and discussed some future hopes and wishes for both of us.

LA wa feeling spunky, so he road with me to go pick up his trailer, then we headed to where his bike was. I got it loaded up and tied down on the trailer while he visited with his niese. We left and went back to his house where he gave me the phone number of the mechanic and the street address.but he didn't know the town or city name but said it was in Tennessee some place...

Off I went, stoped at Wal Mart and bought a new GPS, (Nuvi), found the repair place, dropped the bike and trailer off, and headed home.

I arrived home at 9:30pm..

Lowells bike will be getting repaired next week.

Never met Lowell but if this many Venturerider family members say he's worthy, well who am I to say he's not... It's not much but here's my part. Lowell, get well soon and get on that cow and ride buddy. I love this site man...:thumbsup2: Carl

Dang it Eck...with all this nice stuff your doing I just may have to add you back in my will....

Hey Jeff,

I didn't now I was taken out of the will... dang...:rasberry:

Just keep taking care of my future bike please ...and Oh, you can continue to add all the bells and whistles you want ...and I don't care what color the accessories are either..

I too would like to thank ECK and Littlebeaver for their kindness.

Lowel you get better... that is an order! Like your going to listen to me... LOL

We love ya man! So get better and get back out on the road to visit us and make our lives a little better knowing your out there riding and chasing them woman folk.

We got more BS to sling, so do what the Doc says and get better soon. We miss ya!

I hope to meet up with you again, if not at PIP then some other meet and eat or gathering of the VenturRiders family members.

This is the greatest organization ever!! How could you not love it here? :missingtooth:

Bubber

While I was with LA he was in really good spirits.

I dont think there is an end to his adventurous stories..heck he could write a book and sell it here..

La is wearing a heart monitor and had an appointment at 1pm with the Dr. for more testing.

He is ok as long as he doesn't exert himself. If he does his heart beat goes out of whack..

if he just sits and talks, he is his ol-humorous self, and you would not know he has a heart problem.

I think after a few more tests and visits with the Doc, he will be up and running with us again.. :thumbsup2:

Thanks Eck!!

While I was with LA he was in really good spirits.

I dont think there is an end to his adventurous stories..heck he could write a book and sell it here..

La is wearing a heart monitor and had an appointment at 1pm with the Dr. for more testing.

He is ok as long as he doesn't exert himself. If he does his heart beat goes out of whack..

if he just sits and talks, he is his ol-humorous self, and you would not know he has a heart problem.

I think after a few more tests and visits with the Doc, he will be up and running with us again.. :thumbsup2:

I want to also comment on alot of our newer members that have never even met Lowell and have donated or even wished him well. You all are going to fit right in here with our group. You have already figured out that no matter your political views,religious views,whatever, we are a family. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU! Tom

Money sent. Hope I wasnt to late. Hate to see a fellow rider without a ride.:Venture:

Not too late at all. Yesterday I was getting ready to post a 'last call' type of post but realized that I won't be able to get out to MO this weekend anyways, so I'll let it ride for a few more days.

Thank you, and thanks to everyone that has stepped up and generously donated to help out our good friend Lowell :thumbsup2: :happy65::happy65::happy65:

I want to also comment on alot of our newer members that have never even met Lowell and have donated or even wished him well. You all are going to fit right in here with our group. You have already figured out that no matter your political views,religious views,whatever, we are a family. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU! Tom

:sign yeah that:

Now we know why you retired, so you could help out all us old farts that cant do it for ourselves...............You are one of a kind Eck, just like you to go out of your way to help a fellow Venturerider.

Lowell you take care of yourself and listen to what the Doc's say, don't be in a hurry to get back on that bike once its fixed. It will still be there when your ready to ride.

Eck, looking forward to seeing you in Oct. in Memphis............

Never met Lowell but if this many Venturerider family members say he's worthy, well who am I to say he's not... It's not much but here's my part. Lowell, get well soon and get on that cow and ride buddy. I love this site man...:thumbsup2: Carl
hey carl, thanks to you and everyone else for helping la. i have spent alot of time with him riding, drinking coffee, and just chewing the fat. he is the ambassador of this site. you got to love the guy. i always say when i grow up i want to be just like la. la is the definition of a real biker. i hope all that have never met him will go out of their way to do so. you won't regret it. bill :2133:

For those that have yet to meet our Ambassador, me on the left, Squidley in the middle and LA on the right. I THINK you can see the resemblance in the mid-section between the Squid and LA........ I'm just sayin'.......

For those that have yet to meet our Ambassador, me on the left, Squidley in the middle and LA on the right. I THINK you can see the resemblance in the mid-section between the Squid and LA........ I'm just sayin'.......

I'd say that picture was taken at the HUB last year. That was a great rally.

It's been awhile since I have been on the site. I am saddened to hear that Lowel is having health problems. I have met him several times and he is one heck of a great guy.

Lowel, I hope things get better soon and you can get to traveling the miles as you so love to do.

Lord knows you need it with that Skunk Stink thing going on. :missingtooth:

Take care buddy,

Wayne and Brandy

It's been awhile since I have been on the site. I am saddened to hear that Lowel is having health problems. I have met him several times and he is one heck of a great guy.

Lowel, I hope things get better soon and you can get to traveling the miles as you so love to do.

Lord knows you need it with that Skunk Stink thing going on. :missingtooth:

Take care buddy,

Wayne and Brandy

Hi Wayne and Brandy, welcome back. Can you two come out and ride now :bighug::cool10:

First and foremost thank you ALL for your generocity and kindness. Especailly:

- Eck for taking charge and doing the driving/real work

- Buddy for suggesting this and getting the donation ball rolling

- last but not least Lowell for being such a fantastic guy! Now, just get yourself back healthy again!!! :)

Now for the business end. I was planning to ride these generous donations out to WildHair within the next couple of days, and really liked the idea of a mini-meet and eat to present the donations to him - but it looks like I'm just not going to be able to swing it until late next week (at the earliest). So, unless others have suggestions, I'll be putting it in the mail tomorrow afternoon with a card and a note.

Thanks again for all of your donations, I'm sure Lowell will really appreciate it!!

:thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Okay, there were a few folks that mentioned they wanted to contribute so I held off so that they could do their part to (and to make my life easier of having a single withdrawl, from PayPal and the account it goes into).

Anyways, I sent a note along with the donations to Lowell. The contents of the note read something very close to the following:

Lowell/WildHair

Howdy:

Some of us have heard about your bike and your situation and wanted to do a little something to help you out. Since most of us are pretty far away, we setup a ‘donation for wildhair’ account and took in donations. All that donated said they wish you the best and most said if anything more was needed to just say the word and they would do what they could.

…snipped out a few personal comments to Lowell here…

Anyways, over 30 people responded and shared how much you have touched their lives one way or another and many shared some memories relating to such.

You are a great man and have obviously touched many people in a very special way that NONE of us will ever forget!

We all hope that this little contribution can help you out. We all are praying for you and your return to good health so that we all can have the great pleasure of riding and spending some time with our great friend, Wildhair.

One last thing: We all have YOUR address now, so look out :-)

Gdspeed and get well,

Rick M/Lilbeaver on behalf of the VentureRider Faimly.