IGNORED

is this a trailer hitch or just a bumper?

Trader

I"m looking at this bike

here it is from from the side...

its an 84 venture...not royale so no goodies.

100,000 Km

New windshield. New stator. New Starter.

New fork seals. New 2nd & 3rd gear.

Needs Paint. Engine tune up spring 2009.

the seller only wants $2000 (can.)

I'm thinking maybe I can combine the best parts with mine and sell what's left for close to the same price!

I"m looking at this bike

here it is from from the side...

its an 84 venture...not royale so no goodies.

100,000 Km

Needs Paint. Engine tune up spring 2009.

the seller only wants $2000 (can.)

I'm thinking maybe I can combine the best parts with mine and sell what's left for close to the same price!

I know states side that is a high price but in Canada IF the bike is mechanically sound and the plastic is in good shape then the price is reasonable. If you are buying it as a parts bike then it is too high and it is not a royale. Hard to tell in the pics what kind of shape it is in.

There were TWO rear bumpers offered for the MKI VR, the first being the Ventureline and the second which I think we are seeing on Trader's bike was offered from Markland. These are lighted BUMPERS ONLY!, and are not trailer hitches. The object of the Markland rear bumper was to allow access to the luggage to be removed from the bike. Which was a really handy feature in it's day. The reasons you don't see more of the Markland rear bumpers on the MKI's is that the Dealers sold the MKI VR's with the Ventureline rear bumper from the Dealer (a) and the Markland rear bumper was quite a bit more expensive than the Ventureline rear bumper.

Earl

The bike is a basic venture...not the royale package.

The only thing I would miss is the stereo whcih is an easy fix...and I don't have cruise on mine anyway.....but not sure about losing the CLASS....... How do they handle overall without the Class to adjust for different circumstances?

Put Progressive springs in the forks (then you don't need air pressure up there), set the rear air to around 40 PSI or so (Schrader valve down on the left side) and forget about it. Make sure to add a "Condor" brace or "Superbrace' to the front forks and get rid of that POS the factory puts in for a fork brace! Add solid Delrin or Aluminum motor mounts and then you'll have a good ridin' steed!

Matter of fact, you should do this to ANY 1st gen you're keeping!

It's called a light bar. Thats all it is... It looks like it was made for a Goldwing, and modified to fit. It is not a bumper... I guarentee, the if it gets hit, it will crumple very easily....

It is indeed....a lightbar and for a late '80s into '90s Goldwing. There's one on my 'wing

• 4 weeks later...

not sure if it is a :sign brain fart: or not but I bought that bike.:cool10:

It is an 84, standard. not royale so no goodies.

It has good tires,

Needs Paint. Engine tune up spring 2009

It is high milage...around 150,000 Km....so 95,000 miles or so.

The clutch has a bit of a slip when I powershifted but for more gentle operation it seems fine.

It is in fairly good shape, the paint is faded, but the plastic looks good, most tabs are there.

He was asking $2000, I got it for $1000.

The FIRST thing I am going to do is remove the light-bar/ bumper.

On the unlikely chance that it appeals to anyone, what should I sell it for?

I figure I'm going to take the best parts of both bikes and I'll end up with a good one...and one passable one that I can probably sell for more than I paid for it.

Thats the plan anyway!

I like the looks of my blonde much better...this one is a faded burgandy/red

One thing I notice with it....it seems to sit lower than mine. It feels like I'm sitting IN it rather than on it. (same stock seat but this one has a backrest!:clap2:

Would that be just because maybe the PO is using less pressure in the rear shock? (He was about same size as me)

Edited by Trader