IGNORED

Inquiring Mind wants to know????

concord006

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 58 and this is my 4th season with my 84 VR. Got it with 42,000 Kms. Now has 105,000 kms. I've spent most of the 4 years personalizing it to make it MINE... I started riding bikes when I was about 8 with one of those lawn mower engine powered units with a solid frame and small wheels.

I hit 41 at the end of August... I picked up my current '83 Venture 3 years ago and love it. I got my motorcycle 4 weeks after my 16th birthday and have been enjoying them ever since (4 different machines).

I guess the first bike of my own was a 1977 Honda XL75 that I got (used) when I was 9... I put over 22,000 miles on it running around my paretns' farm and local bush trails over 5 years before I moved up to a bigger motorcross.

I guess I have to blow your bell curve for you. I'm 73 going on 74 soon be 75. My current Venture is a beautiful gold 84 and I have owned it for 10 years. I had a 93 but I totalled it twice and it is still going strong: Can't kill em with a stick! The insurance company paid for it both times and I bought it back for a song the first time. Should have bought it back again but I was too sore to deal with it at the time. It was a money maker for me. Of course the broken bones and road rash were the trade off. Does that count for anything? :dancefool:

Cliff

I'm 43 and have had my 86 VR for a little over a year now. I was about 6 when I got my first bike and kept one all the time until I was out of college. After I got married, I just didn't have the money or the interest to get a bike for a long time. A buddy talked me into buying his VR so he would have somebody to ride with so after being off of a bike for 20 years, I bought this beast. It's been a hoot and I like working on it almost as much as riding it. Now the wife and I are talking about adding a 2nd Gen to the stable in the near future.

I'm 59, been riding since '67. Was a "two stroke" man up through my 5th bike ('72 Kawasaki H2 bought NEW), then went to 4 strokers Kz650, Kz 1000R, Ducati 900SS, FJR, Venture and a 650 BMW dakar. Love to ride the beasts!

Guest Boomerbiker

I will be 63 in November and started riding again in 2005, Suzuki C-50, Kawasaki Nomad and two 2006 Ventures, the first one totaled with 6,000 miles and the current one 31,600 miles. Just returned from a 7 day 4,381 mile ride to St. George, Utah and am planning a second trip west this month following a more northerly route. The fuel pump died in the garage last week while I was doing maintenance (thank goodness) and is being repaired under warranty.

I like long days and lots of miles. Have been looking at the Ultra Limited Harley and have also test driven a BMW R1200 RT. The experience with the Harley dealers has been something else. For a bike with a dated engine, they're asking a lot and the dealer markup is more than $4 grand on a new unit.

It's fun to look around, though, and talk to other bikers.

Bill

Riding a '98 Tour Deluxe and a '90 'Wing. Waiting to see what Yamaha does for 2011...if nothing, I'll probably sell them both and get a Venture and paint it 2 tone green ('01 colors).with godfather whites on it (If I can't find an actual '01 like I want.....as in the pic)

Riding off & on since 1969. Oh, I'll be 62 on 9/11!

:Venture: BEEN RIDING SINCE I WAS 16, I AM NOW 50. MY FIRST BIKE WAS 1976 KAWASAKI KH500 TRIPLE...........MAN THAT WAS FAST. DIDN'T HANDLE FOR CRAP, BUT WHAT DID BACK THEN? OWNED NUMEROUS BIKES SINCE THEN. FIRST YAMAHA WAS THE 97 ROYAL STAR, GREAT BIKE, THEN MY WIFE GOT ME THE 2009 VENTURE S FOR MY 50th. HELL OF A WOMAN!!! GREAT BIKE TOO.

Got my license at 16 along with a new Suzuki . been riding ever since with a 13 year break to raise the family....owned them all, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha. The only one that I didn't own was the HD. Went to buy one in 79 or 80. Took it out for a ride and then bought a kawasaki instead.....:fnd_(16):