IGNORED

I don't know who all to thank

Freebird

Maintenance day is so busy that I often don't know who is doing what. I want to thank some folks but am afraid that I'll miss somebody, in fact, I know that I'll miss somebody so if any of you other can help me single out the folks who worked so hard to help others, it will be appreciated.

As usual, V7Goose worked his butt off helping as many people has he possibly could. That guy is like the energizer bunny, I don't know how he does it but thanks MUCH Kent.

Monty was hard at work helping people with gauge installs. I hardly saw him throughout the gauge. I know that the folks appreciated it and he did a great job.

Ponch showed up a little later but I understand also got busy with the gauge installs. You have developed a great product for us Ponch. Thanks much for all that you do.

Dingy not only arranged for us to do the Quaker Steak and Lube dinner on Friday night but was also there all day Saturday offering his assistance to anybody who needed it.

Muffinman came all the way across the big pond just to work his butt off as usual. Thanks my friend for all your help and for just being the great person that you are.

Squidley was running from bike to bike as usual. Syncing carbs and doing whatever else had to be done. I was unsure if he was going to make it this year but there he was. Thank you my friend.

A lot of you ladies helped out with getting the food ready to be served. I know that I saw Mini in the kitchen as well as Becky and Lonna. There were others too but I just can't remember who all was lending a hand.

So thanks to all and to the many others that joined in to help your fellow riders. I KNOW that I'm missing many. Please jump in here and offer a word of thanks to all who lent you a hand.

I know this has been said in lots of other threads, but if we are going to make a special thread for this (and I think that is a grand idea)................

Thanks Eileen and Don and Don and Eileen, for:

letting us use:

your toilette

your kitchen

your yard

your pond

your driveway

your tools

your garage

your back yard

your living room

your satellite

your scoot,,,, just to ' pi** you off ' (Somebody had to do it)

your porch

and providing:

the food

drinks

website

t-shirts

clear weather

And most of all, just for being you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup2::happy65::thumbsup2::happy65::thumbsup2::happy65::thumbsup2::happy65:

Heck Carl....you are going to make me feel bad about that condolences email that I sent Marca in regards to your anniversary. :whistling:

You DID make me remember another person that I forgot to thank though.

Thank you MarCarl for the annual pepperettes. :) I LOVE those things.

My bike is in the garage and I have to walk by it to go out to the truck, car or just outside. It used to be about a 3 or 4 second walk to the garage door & out, now I notice it takes a couple minutes to get from the man door at the house to the overhead garage door.

The reason is of course the fault of Ponch firstly for designing the gauge set and right next to first is Monty for the great install.

I can't thank either one of them enough for the great job and I can't quit stopping to look at the gauges every time I walk past the bike.

My utmost THANKS to both of you

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I'm one of the lucky ones as well....Ponch and Monty...or Monty and Ponch, worked for quite some time on my bike....gauge kit, mic mutes and even replaced a couple of the vacuum boots on my carbs......would have been a long haul without their efforts.

I won't forget that they took the time to work on MY bike....when there was so much else going on for them to do....and can't forget their wives either.....thank you very much to them for understanding.

gunk:Laugh:

Noticed Kbran was not listed... Must have been on the naughty list:innocent:

Ken is another family member always giving a helping hand when ever he is needed!!! How am I doing Freebird:stirthepot::innocent::whistling:

Don hope I can make next years get together seems work is always getting in the way:headache:

I would like to thank Don (Freebird) for helping me with my bike, by doing the carb sync and then turning me over to Ken (V7Goose) who had great patience with me by talking me through some simple (for him) procedures to check my spark plugs. Also Charlie (Frogmaster) for guiding me through my radio repair under my fairing.

This was a great weekend. I learned a lot and will be able to assist someothers down the road who may be in my boat of not having the confidence to take apart somethings to perform some (what should be) simple maintenance.

I would like to thank Don (Freebird) for helping me with my bike, by doing the carb sync and then turning me over to Ken (V7Goose) who had great patience with me by talking me through some simple (for him) procedures to check my spark plugs. Also Charlie (Frogmaster) for guiding me through my radio repair under my fairing.

This was a great weekend. I learned a lot and will be able to assist someothers down the road who may be in my boat of not having the confidence to take apart somethings to perform some (what should be) simple maintenance.

Hey dogman, are you the guy that had the fuel mileage drop WAY off and we couldn't figure out a reason why? Not being able to point to a probable cause and solution has been really bothering me, and I haven't stopped thinking about it.

One new thing has come to mind - it is a long shot, but not hard to check if the problem is still going on. If the throttle position sensor (TPS) has gone bad, the engine timing will be off, probably overly retarded at normal running speeds, and that would certainly cause your problem. You cannot remove or adjust the TPS without pulling the carbs loose, but you can check it by just taking the tank off. All you need is an ohmmeter.

There are two wires coming off the carburetors on the left front, one is for the carb heaters (a square white plug), and the other is the TPS (a triangular black plug). Both of these plugs are stuck down between the wire bundles and the frame backbone under the tank on the left side. They are not real easy to get to, but once you unplug that black wire, you can pull the end connected to the carbs out the bottom so you have a little room to work.

First measure the resistance between the black and blue wires - that should be anywhere between 4-6 Kohms. Now measure the resistance between the black and yellow wires. In general, that resistance should be somewhere between 600 and 800 ohms, but you have to calculate the exact range for your own bike by multiplying the maximum resistance you got on the black and blue wires by .13 and then by .15; the actual resistance setting between the black and yellow wires should be somewhere between the results of those two calculations.

Do not get too concerned if the setting is just 50-100 ohms above the maximum - it is very common on these bikes for the TPS to not be able to get low enough. But if you do find that, since your bike is still in warranty, you might want to try to get your shop to replace the TPS under warranty.

The final check is to keep the meter on the black and yellow wires and slowly turn the throttle - just watch and make sure the resistance smoothly rises through the range from the low setting at idle to the maximum at WOT.

I have never found a bad TPS, but that doesn't mean it cannot happen. If yours checks out OK, let me know and I'll keep noodling on the problem to see if I can come up with any further ideas. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

K-Bran always jumps in to help everyone out, with just about any task.

I know he does not sit around much, but still never seems to have enough Round 2 its

Brad

Don't know if I have as many round to it's as you LOL:rasberry:

Don't forget about Rick Butler out in the shed doing seats.

Thanks Rick for helping so many people's butts feel better!:clap2:

Your seat mod is a great improvement to the ride.

Instant success,

The ride home was a great improvement.

Thanks Rick, For coming up from Texas to do the seat Mod's.

Thank You Don, I can't hardly believe I finally made it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup2: