IGNORED

Quick ride 'round the block=400 miles later + Angry message from her b/f

LilBeaver

Ok Ok I was just trying to be polite and maybe even nice. Geez can't do that around here can I? So please share all the dirt you can with us. Heck bring the two of them to any meets you can go to. The rest of us will enjoy the entertainment. :whistling:

How's that Redneck?

Can't even think of a comment for the t-shirt.:Laugh:

Margaret

WOW!!!

Two things I thought I would never hear, and both in the same post no less.....:whistling: :duck:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright folks I guess it is time for another update. This will be quick as I am pretty busy but figured while I eat my lunch I can type this out real quick.

A group of us nerds went out for a brief birthday celebration for my friend last Friday evening. My original plan for the weekend was to take the day off [sunday] and head up and spend the day cruising around north of here and meeting up with some people then make it back home in time to teach a class out at our observatory. Well, the weather was not cooperating at all as it was cold and rainy most of the morning which made me scrap my 'ride north' plans. By noon or so the rain had stopped and the sun had started to peek out but it was still a tad chilly. At this point I had already done some work and hadn't been out for a leisurely ride in far too long so I decided to just go anyways. Well my friend had mentioned that she wanted to go riding this weekend so we touched base and set a departure time. We ended up out for a short ride, only riding about 150 miles, but it was nice, relaxing and pretty freaking cold.

This time, another lady friend of mine wanted to come along so she rode with me and all three of us had a good ride. I was a bit surprised when I pulled up to where we were going to meet and didn't see the b/f there. I didn't ask and she didn't talk about it but she was in good spirits for all of the chatting we did while we rode.

She stopped by my place after the ride for some simple p/m needed on her bike (I have a garage, the tools and the know how - she doesn't).

All in all we all had a good day, a good ride and a good time.

No ice cream though, that was sad. Oh well, I guess I need to keep my "girlish figure" (HA) somehow :happy34:

I did find out later that day that the b/f is gone for good now. This does not change my attitude towards our friendship though.

With the weather warming up and the days getting longer I will definitely be getting some more riding in and certainly more frequently.

Until next time...

:900[1]::7_2_102[1]: :thumbsup2:

:happy65::happy65: :crackup:

Although Um... yeah. I am guessing that no one on here REALLY wants to see me in tight leather. Never-mind that I am darn sure that I would never be caught DEAD in 'tight leather'.

Don't worry though, if it ever does boil down to a good 'ol fashion rumble - I will...er... uh... 'my writers' will surely write about it. :happy34:

I am not one to start any sort of physical confrontation... But I am no stranger to finishing them if need be.

Rick, you got the jist of that one mixed up... we wanna see HER in the tight leathers... not you!! :rotf: :rotf:

Well, one thing is for sure if the BF is gone for good.....it's less stress for her and the riding experience will be more enjoyable for her, and for you. Less friction is much cooler.

Whatever transpires after this point is all for the good. You have an enjoyable riding partner and what more can you ask for than that.

Although I have to say the entertainment value of this thread may have just gone down the tube. :rotf:

Mike

Wow, now we are getting somewhere. It's about time we had a little intrigue on the future of this soap opera.

So now, you not only have the original one available, but another one to keep the competition going, so we expect this to get a little more interesting. :cool10:

I can't believe this was the 256th post, we need to get some good riding weather soon.

RandyA

Rick, you got the jist of that one mixed up... we wanna see HER in the tight leathers... not you!! :rotf: :rotf:

Wait, what!?! :doh: I guess I should try to return this stuff now, eh? :yikes: :crackup:

Well, one thing is for sure if the BF is gone for good.....it's less stress for her and the riding experience will be more enjoyable for her, and for you. Less friction is much cooler.

Whatever transpires after this point is all for the good. You have an enjoyable riding partner and what more can you ask for than that.

Although I have to say the entertainment value of this thread may have just gone down the tube. :rotf:

Mike

Agreed, except for the last part. I'm sure I will still be entertained just fine :D

Wow, now we are getting somewhere. It's about time we had a little intrigue on the future of this soap opera.

So now, you not only have the original one available, but another one to keep the competition going, so we expect this to get a little more interesting. :cool10:

I can't believe this was the 256th post, we need to get some good riding weather soon.

RandyA

I too am amazed at how long this thread has lived... Don't worry no competition between these ladies, we are all friends... I think :duck:

Lets see. Long rides out to the middle of, only God knows where, with TWO women that are just friends. I will make certain to follow this along. :stickinouttounge::whistling::whistling:

Something I had before I got married .... Friends...with "amenities" ! LOL

Something I had before I got married .... Friends...with "amenities" ! LOL

No amenities is what you get in a hotel room. Friends with benefits is what you had. Gotta get you straight on that one.

Now this thread really is getting interesting. Oh and for how long this has gone on, should show you just how little the rest of us have going on in our lives. Doesn't take much to entertain us. Or set our imaginations running wild.

Margaret

No amenities is what you get in a hotel room. Friends with benefits is what you had. Gotta get you straight on that one.

Now this thread really is getting interesting. Oh and for how long this has gone on, should show you just how little the rest of us have going on in our lives. Doesn't take much to entertain us. Or set our imaginations running wild.

Margaret

awrite Margaret.... who's been tellin ya my secrets??? :rotf:

So does the riding partner have a nickname yet?

Since LilBeaver is taken, how about NewBeaver?

Maybe MyBeaver

If she still has BF maybe, OurBeaver - This one is no longer relevant

LeaveItToBeaver ?

:rotfl:

Gary

Maybe Beaver Sandwich

:wow: :photographing:

Gary

Make sure you get an agent before selling the movie rights !

Good call

This thread is our 2011 "winter" one.

Replaces our 2010 "why, what & who" thread:smile5:

How? :detective:

Maybe Beaver Sandwich

Sammiches? :think::think::think: [see attached]

Edited by LilBeaver

Well folks, despite 30+mph winds with 50mph gusts, we still managed to get out for a ride.

Alarm went off this morning around 730 and despite the neighbors yapping dog attacking the tumbleweeds... or more accurately the tumbleweeds chasing the yapper as the yapper barked itself backwards, the morning was off to a good start. Just about 12 hours before, I had finalized plans with my friend. I got up and got ready to go. Went out side and double checked my oil level and to make sure there were no leaks (I changed it the night before and did do a quick test ride, but I always like to make sure). All checked out fine, lowered the bike and took off my handy dandy Carbon_One lift adapter, checked the tires, my lights and then geared up to head out. Rolled up to our meeting spot right on time and there she was, next to her bike sitting on the curb, ready to go; smile and all. We chatted a bit and then discussed the weather forecast and route that we ought to take as a result. After presenting the options she shrugged and with a smirk said she didn't really care. With that in mind I smiled back, confirmed she was ready to go, saddled up and took off.

Headed northeast out of town, lower 60s, light breeze, broken clouds and two bikes rumbling down the road.

First stop was in ~60 miles as it was going to be another 100 or so before the next fuel stop (thank you Texas Panhandle). Some minor chit chat, she seemed a bit down, shrugged it off on being tired, but said she was really excited to be out riding. We both fueled up, chattered a bit more then again, saddled up and took off. The wind was picking up a bit more as we continued to ride on (we knew the afternoon was due for sustained winds of 25-35mph and gusts up to 55mph, which is why we decided to try to be back early afternoon).

We finally made it to some not straight roads that dipped down into some canyons, so that ~25 mile stretch made the whole ride worth it. We got near a decision point, going left took would add ~50 miles on to the ride and stay weaving around the canyon a bit more, right would get us headed back home. By this time the wind had continued to get stronger and we decided it would be best to start heading back. Pulling up and out of the canyon back on to the flat roads surrounded by farm fields the winds were a lot stronger. Riding back with a mix of a strong headwind and cross wind we stopped again at the next fuel stop (her tank is only ~3.5 gallons or so, so on a normal day she hits reserve somewhere between 100 and 135 miles). With this headwind, it was questionable as to how well she would do on fuel. It also gave us a chance to chit chat a bit more. I wanted to make sure she was doing okay since the wind got a lot stronger (a lot sooner) than we had expected. After topping off we decided, after A LOT of coercion from her (as one might imagine) that we stop for ice cream. By coercion I mean she said "hey, you want to stop for ice cream?"

We rolled in there about 2 minutes before the 'retirement home field trip' showed up. Good timing. Well, for what I figured would be a quick stop ended up taking us... At least an hour, maybe more. I sort of lost track of time. Lots of good conversation despite the ruckus from the elderly folks (:rasberry:). We made some plans for some future rides (I'll keep those under my hat for a little while longer) but she was pretty pumped about it so we'll see if they come together. I suppose I can give a hint as perhaps an impromptu meet, ride and possibly eat may be coming about around San Antonio area some time :D. A few other areas in Texas too but I'm quite sure that we do not have any (or very many) members in the other areas so I'll keep those under my hat for a while.

Anyways, after realizing how long we were sitting there and hearing that the wind was picking up we decided that we ought to hit the road to boogie on back before we get blown away.

Contrary to our plan of taking off right away we ended up chatting some more out by the bikes before taking off. Finally we saddled up and hit the road. She pulled ahead this time and led the last ~50 mile stretch home. As we got closer and turned down the road to her street we pulled up to an intersection (4-way stop), she hesitated so I pulled up next to her. She looked over with a huge ear-to-ear grin on her face and pulled away. Pulled up to her house, she parked her bike and walked over (grin still there) and I needed to take my jacket liner out as it was far too warm for it (temperature was ~95). More chit chat ensued as we made plans tentative plans for another ride.

Exchanging mutual pleasantries (ie. good byes, thank yous and 'had a good time's) I saddled up and headed home.

Total mileage today was just shy of 200 miles and as I write this it sounds like the roof is going to lift off my house. Boy oh boy is it W-I-N-D-Y out. Other than the wind forcing us to cut the ride short; it turned out to be a pretty good ride, a good day and in good company.

Sadly, I now need to get back to work for a while yet today... It never ends.

'Til next time...

:fnd_(16)::fnd_(16)::fnd_(16):

:900[1]::7_2_102[1]:

Total mileage today was just shy of 200 miles and as I write this it sounds like the roof is going to lift off my house. Boy oh boy is it W-I-N-D-Y out. Other than the wind forcing us to cut the ride short; it turned out to be a pretty good ride, a good day and in good company.

Sadly, I now need to get back to work for a while yet today... It never ends.

'Til next time...

:fnd_(16)::fnd_(16)::fnd_(16):

:900[1]::7_2_102[1]:

Man you are manicuring an excellent riding partner there, no doubt. Just don't mess up and allow her to take advantage of you. Nothing ruins a friendship quicker than some romantic interlude.