IGNORED

Kinda put out...

Oldslow

Having a real hard time trying to get comfortable.

Seat is a PITA and the pain in my neck and shoulders blades make this an uncomfortable situation.

It starts after bout 30 minutes in the saddle and that's not near long enuf!

Seat is a PITA and the pain in my neck and shoulders blades make this an uncomfortable situation.

I put Flanders bar on my 08, definitely helped the pain in the arms. Do a search for the Flanders or call Rick at Buckeye Performance. He has the complete setup.

Get a hold or Rick Butler, he will mod your seat. Just tried my modified seat out this weekend, no pain and the Mechanic likes the way her seat is firmer now.

I put Flanders bar on my 08, definitely helped the pain in the arms. Do a search for the Flanders or call Rick at Buckeye Performance. He has the complete setup.

Get a hold or Rick Butler, he will mod your seat. Just tried my modified seat out this weekend, no pain and the Mechanic likes the way her seat is firmer now.

I didn't need to change my bars out but I definitely recommend the Rick Butler seat mod. It makes a huge difference in long distance comfort. :thumbsup2:

Do you have a back rest, I have not had any issues since I added mine. And I rarely actually rest against it, but it being there makes me sit up straight. I found that without it I slouch and that caused pain in my back.

I have a back rest and I switched to a Corbin.

Neither the stock seat nor the Corbin work for me.

The backrest helps but shifts the pain.

Considering the Daylong at this point.

Love the power and handling. But my Tailbone is turning to mush!

Try beads. Cheap at wallymart...butt ugly cause they dont match and you will have to cut them down. But cheap....try it. These ones listed here are very cheap for a bike accessory , but be careful I seem to remember they ship UPS...you dont want UPS to Canada...you want USPS. http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/6_Add_On/22902_Oversize_Beaded_Seat_Cover_Fits_Goldwings_Large/

I couldnt take the seat on my tail bone either....I went to the corbin that the preivous owner had reworked a little to make it softer around the tail area. It works.

Another thought with the shoulders is to try the risers. I did that as well and it worked perfect for me. I had a heck of a time getting the throttle cable to work right for me but most folks havent had that issue.http://motorcycle-accessories.cruisercustomizing.com/search?lbc=cruisercustomizing&uid=329395573&ts=custom&w=Yamaha%20Royal%20Star%20Venture&af=&isort=score&method=and&view=list&searchtype=products&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.CruiserCustomizing.com%2Fdetail.cfm%3FCategory_ID%3D62%26manufacturer_ID%3D167%26product_ID%3D16678%26sblid_name%3DBaron_Custom_Accessories_______in__RISER_EXTENSIONS___Yamaha_Venture_for_Yamaha_Royal_Star_Venture&rk=11&rsc=3n11ylvJ0VtvEKU2&p=R

Edited by sarges46

Neither the stock seat nor the Corbin work for me.

The backrest helps but shifts the pain.

Considering the Daylong at this point...

Since you have both, have someone modify the original. Rick Butler did mine and it made a world of difference for me. It's a much cheaper solution than the daylong.

I think your problem could be that your to far away from the handlebars. A set of Baaron risers will bring them closer to you.. Also, the seat is not perfect, but for stock it is close to it. I have arthritus in my back, and a Utopia backrest took care of that. My suggestion is to get the Baron risers, a Utopia backrest, and see if that doesn't make a world of difference. It did for me....

I think your problem could be that your to far away from the handlebars. A set of Baaron risers will bring them closer to you.. Also, the seat is not perfect, but for stock it is close to it. I have arthritus in my back, and a Utopia backrest took care of that. My suggestion is to get the Baron risers, a Utopia backrest, and see if that doesn't make a world of difference. It did for me....

Ill second that. A set of Barons risers and the backrest makes a world of difference. No more shoulder pain here since adding the risers. :smile5:

I put the risers on mine and it helped a lot. Truth is tho, no matter what bike I ride nor it's configuration, I will almost always get a pain in the neck/shoulder at some point in time unless I wear my beanie helmet. I have issues with the bones in my neck and the regular helmets are just a tad too much weight. Some days tho, it never bothers me... this has been going on for over 30 years and there ain't much "cure" for it for me.

Point being, maybe a lighter helmet will help ya...

So what does one do about sore butt cheeks. My back is fully fine, no sore shoulders, tail bone has no complaints, but the cheeks start their complaining after about an hour or two. Give my butt a lift for a minute and then I'm good again for about 30 minutes, seems to be a circulation problem maybe,,,,any ideas? I've tried sheepskin, beads, memory foam, butler style mod,,,, it all didn't make no difference.

Do you have a back rest, I have not had any issues since I added mine. And I rarely actually rest against it, but it being there makes me sit up straight. I found that without it I slouch and that caused pain in my back.

Hey wait a minute! I thought the RSV was the most comfortable bike ever. Like riding on a cloud with beautiful women feeding you grapes, angels singing and playing harps,:337: :innocent-emoticon:world peace, a day at the spa, winning the lottery:mo money:.......relaxing dreamy vacation:draming:Christmas :santa: your birthday :Crazy_139: ........

any ideas? I've tried sheepskin, beads, memory foam, butler style mod,,,, it all didn't make no difference.

Marcarl

Something I did that helped on a long trip. I used a beaded seat cover and wore a pair of bike shorts under my jeans. I don't know why, but I had no but pain at all and it was a 650 mile trip.

So what does one do about sore butt cheeks. My back is fully fine, no sore shoulders, tail bone has no complaints, but the cheeks start their complaining after about an hour or two. Give my butt a lift for a minute and then I'm good again for about 30 minutes, seems to be a circulation problem maybe,,,,any ideas? I've tried sheepskin, beads, memory foam, butler style mod,,,, it all didn't make no difference.

Sounds like your suffering from the dreaded disease...."Noassatol" :smile5:

I guess I should be glad I have ape arms then. It's heck getting shirts that fit but I never have any shoulder pain when I'm riding.

Bought a pair of the LDcomfort underwear and love them to death. They help tremendously!!

try rasing or lowering the angle,of the bars ,say a 1/4 at a time,had that problem on ever bike,till adjusted the angle a little

lowell :2cents:

I had the shoulder pain when I first got the RSV, I tilted the bars as far forward as I could and it helped greatly, long arms (37 inch sleeves.)