Do you see the Motorcycle?

jburrell

Can you see the motorcycle. Check out the PICS one at a time

The Honda crotch rocket rider was traveling at approximately

85 mph. The VW driver was talking on a cell phone when she

pulled out from a side street, apparently not seeing the

motorcycle. The riders reaction time was not sufficient

enough to avoid this accident.. The car had two passengers

and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them. The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact

and landed 20 feet from where the collision took place.

All three involved (two in the car and the bike rider) were

killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at

the Motorcycle Fair by the Police and Road Safety

Department.

You have to remember they will pull out in front of you. Don't overdrive your brakes and lights

I've seen this before. Checked out what snopes had to to say too, but I don't remember. My only comment is that I highly doubt that bike was going 85. Probably in excess of 120 or more. This looks to me like a clear case of the rider being far in excess of what he was able to control.

I've seen this before. Checked out what snopes had to to say too, but I don't remember. My only comment is that I highly doubt that bike was going 85. Probably in excess of 120 or more. This looks to me like a clear case of the rider being far in excess of what he was able to control.

I agree 100%. Most likely going 100+

James

I can't remember the story about this but I remember seeing it a couple of years ago on this forum. Several things in the picture don't look right. Looks like Ducata paint job on the bike?

BOO

How was all the blood cleaned up? There would be a huge amount, and the smell:detective:

Powerwasher.

Same thing happened around here about 8 years ago. Crotch rocket went through the side of a van. I would say fault falls on both parties. 1. Hang up the damn phone and drive. 2. Slow it the hell down. If she did see him, she probably thought she had enough room and misjudged his distance, which is easy to do when someone is going like a bat outta hell. Poeple now days pay more attention to that stupid phone and texting than they do driving. I know, my wife is getting bad. As soon as she gets a text.....she has to answer it. Some day....I am gonna smash her phone.......

Was just thinking about this and agree that the people in cars are multitasking way too much. Heck I find myself doing it at times even and then stopping it. But when some idiot is doing ~155mph on a motorcycle, nearly 3 times the speed limit, how would someone see him coming. We are talking 227 feet per second here at 155mph. No way could someone be expected to be able to detect that on a public street or highway and comprehend how fast and quick that is to avoid it. While there are plenty of incidents of cager neglect, in this case this is a dumb stupid idiot on a motorcycle giving us all a bad name, IMHO.

Thanks..

Rick F.

Was just thinking about this and agree that the people in cars are multitasking way too much. Heck I find myself doing it at times even and then stopping it. But when some idiot is doing ~155mph on a motorcycle, nearly 3 times the speed limit, how would someone see him coming. We are talking 227 feet per second here at 155mph. No way could someone be expected to be able to detect that on a public street or highway and comprehend how fast and quick that is to avoid it. While there are plenty of incidents of cager neglect, in this case this is a dumb stupid idiot on a motorcycle giving us all a bad name, IMHO.

Thanks..

Rick F.

:goodpost: Amen to that!

I live in a small town just south of Vogel State Park. Lots of twisty 2 lane roads.

A lot of locals really don't like motorcycles, particularly crotch rockets, some of which travel the roads regularly at speeds at or over 100mph. Makes getting in and out of your driveway very difficult at times, particularly weekends when there is a steady parade of bikes. Its difficult enough safely getting out of your driveway if its on a curve, and vehicles are obeying a 45mph speedlimit.

If the motorcyle rider is pushing his reaction time limits, and his bike's mechanical limits, what is he doing to some grandma's limits trying to use the same road to get to Walmart?

ride safe....

Snopes.com is just a guy and his wife. It is not some big official myth-debunking outfit. Just my .02

Snopes is a great site to BEGIN your research into the accuracy of urban legends and all the strange internet crap that gets forwarded around to everybody's inbox. Yeah, it's just a guy and his wife, but they do quite a bit of research themselves, and they post their sources so you can go back over what they used and form your own opinion. Hey, it's the internet - anybody can post just about anything they want if they want to go to the trouble of setting up a web site. These guys aren't perfect, they can make mistakes just like the rest of us. And if you're politically minded, they do tend to show a bit of a liberal bias. But for what they do, I'm not aware of a better place to go to find an "opinion" on just about anything of this nature that might show up in your email or get passed around on the internet. Most of us have been around long enough to klnow that you certainly can't assume anything is fact just because it's on the internet. So start at Snopes, question everything, do your own research, and make your own conclusions.