IGNORED

goodbye rk mufflers 4ever??

:fiddle:I must be getting old,HA!!! Anyway goodbye to the rk mufflers "overrated?" I have tried them all rk screaming eagle , stock 09 ultra mufflers, older rk mufflers and i came to the conclusion that they don,t sound that good. this hi revving v4 should sound like a ferarri not a john deere. Is there any pipes that make it sound mellower and not raspy ? I am going to put the stocks back on this week "glad i kept them" and never look back. Kinda felt sorry for all the folks i passed having to listen to that !!

:fiddle:I must be getting old,HA!!! Anyway goodbye to the rk mufflers "overrated?" I have tried them all rk screaming eagle , stock 09 ultra mufflers, older rk mufflers and i came to the conclusion that they don,t sound that good. this hi revving v4 should sound like a ferarri not a john deere. Is there any pipes that make it sound mellower and not raspy ? I am going to put the stocks back on this week "glad i kept them" and never look back. Kinda felt sorry for all the folks i passed having to listen to that !!

i put these pipes on about one year ago and i am extremely pleased with the sound. removable baffles come w/ the mufflers (take 5 minutes to put on/take off). you pick the baffle you like from mild to wild and if you really want loud just pull out the baffles....guaranteed to turn alot of heads.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WILD-PIG-PIPES-SLIP-ON-MUFFLERS-FOR-HARLEY-DRESSERS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem414df58311QQitemZ280480809745QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

http://i44.tinypic.com/20ihwcp.jpg

i put these pipes on about one year ago and i am extremely pleased with the sound. removable baffles come w/ the mufflers (take 5 minutes to put on/take off). you pick the baffle you like from mild to wild and if you really want loud just pull out the baffles....guaranteed to turn alot of heads.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WILD-PIG-PIPES-SLIP-ON-MUFFLERS-FOR-HARLEY-DRESSERS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem414df58311QQitemZ280480809745QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Not sure if it's a bad url but couldn't bring that link up to see those pipes.. ?

Yeah I like them too, they do have a nice deep sound to them but my RK's are cheaper unless someone gave you the bubs..

BOO

I can't wait to get mine on. Do I need anothers set of brackets for these?

I can't wait to get mine on. Do I need another set of brackets for these?

It will take adapter brackets, as the R/K brackets are well aft of the RSV mounting holes. One of the POs put R/K up slash mufflers on mine, but just welded tabs on the braces under the saddlebags. Another approach (suggested by Squidley) is to use the proper size rubber lined electrical conduit "P" clamp.

Oh well...

I got my new (cheap, cheap) RKs and the brackets a year ago, but haven't taken the time to put them on.

With all of this discussion, my interest is up again. I guess I at least gotta install them and try them out now.

With my long weekend starting in a few hours, I will several days to do some testing. :big-grin-emoticon:

I also dumped the RK muffs in favor of the stock muffs. On a long trip that sound wears you down. I grew up with Harleys - parent's rode full-dressers in the '50's and 60's. The sound of that Harley V-twin is imprinted on me. Maybe that's why, at least to me, putting louder pipes on my Yamaha V-4 just seems to scream "I wanna be a Harley" especially to Harley riders (especially since the 2nd Gen design borrowed so much from Harley's full-dresser). I have no problem with whatever muffs other Venture owners install.

I just purchased a pair of LA Choppers Oval Bag Slip-on Mufflers and I am waiting for them to come in, Does anyone know how these pipes sound? My bike is a 2005 with 4,500 miles, I bought it last year with 1,600 miles. I wanted a little more sound. I had a 2002 HD Sportster before this (what a difference in bikes). I noticed there really isnt much after market accessories for these bike. :doh: