IGNORED

goodbye rk mufflers 4ever??

on my 07 RSV I drilled out the stock mufflers.

gave it - i thought - a great deep sound.

on my sons RSTD we installed RK - stage 2 (basically the same as drilled RSV).

and they sounded pretty good.

one morning, as i headed to work, i thought the bike sounded different...

yup - overnight then dang boy had swapped mufflers!!!!!!

he LOVED the drilled RSV sound.

a few months later he installed Bubs on the RSV. not bad. had them for 60k miles now.

still miss the drilled / stock RSV ones... unfortuantly son totaled his scoot (no harm to him) and we didn't get a chance to recover the mufflers..

anyway -- just my rambling on..... and on ... and on.....

For the low rumble sound I like the Bubs. The Barons 4-2-4 sound awesome but are too loud for my liking.

Now those Wild Pigs, those have peaked my interest. Although I have not heard a RoadHouse in person, I really liked the sound. That sound comes with a hefty price tag.

It's a personnel thing I guess. I have Road King slash cut mufflers on both my Ventures and I get compliments all the time on how good they sound. I have BUB on my Road Star and they are pretty loud. I get a lot of compliments on how good they sound also. When I'm riding they don't sound that good to me. The only thing I can figure is because I'm sitting in front of the mufflers and accelerating away from the sound. I know a lot of people disagree with me on this point but I don't think a 4 cylinder sounds good if it is to loud. Just my opinion. I get compliments from Honda and Yamaha riders but of course a HD rider is not going to admit it sounds good but they will comment on the fact that they are HD mufflers.