IGNORED

Wisconsin to Bike Week via the RSV

Scooter Bob

I plan on leaving Wednesday Morning, and heading south through IL. I hope to meet DynoDon for lunch, and stay somewhere south of Champaign by dark that night. Hope to get somewhere near Memphis by Thursday night, and get to the Loozeeaner Meet and Wrench by Friday night. We'll see how the :snow:weather cooperates:cold:. If I fall a little short, I've got an offer from wes0778 to stay in Jackson, and head to the M&W Saturday morning.

After the M&W, I want to get to Cocoa Beach by Monday night to see a Delta IV rocket launch. :banana:

Tuesday I'll head up to Daytona to buy a t-shirt that says I was there and probably go camp out at the ABATE campground. :scratchchin:

From there I hope to head up the east coast for a few more states I've never been in, and head home from there.:think:

Anyone else on here go to Bike Week???

I'll be updating this thread as things progress.

Later, Scooter Bob

Oh ya, I've got to swing by Milwaukee and pick up Shari along the way.:sign just kidding:

:Venture:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I plan on leaving Wednesday Morning, and heading south through IL. I hope to meet DynoDon for lunch, and stay somewhere south of Champaign by dark that night. Hope to get somewhere near Memphis by Thursday night, and get to the Loozeeaner Meet and Wrench by Friday night. We'll see how the :snow:weather cooperates:cold:. If I fall a little short, I've got an offer from wes0778 to stay in Jackson, and head to the M&W Saturday morning.

After the M&W, I want to get to Cocoa Beach by Monday night to see a Delta IV rocket launch. :banana:

Tuesday I'll head up to Daytona to buy a t-shirt that says I was there and probably go camp out at the ABATE campground. :scratchchin:

From there I hope to head up the east coast for a few more states I've never been in, and head home from there.:think:

Anyone else on here go to Bike Week???

I'll be updating this thread as things progress.

Later, Scooter Bob

Oh ya, I've got to swing by Milwaukee and pick up Shari along the way.:sign just kidding:

Sounds like you'll have a ball and fill in that ride map real good. That's the kinda riding I like to do. Wish I had the bike and didn't have to work, I'd join you for sure.

;)

Geez,she's already sitting here wearing her chaps and snowmobile bibs...:whistling:

Ride safe my friend.I hope the weather gods take care of you on this trip..:thumbsup2:

Oh man!!!,:doh: I was hoping for the bikini top....:sign just kidding:

Ya, the weather gods are the biggest concern.:sun1: Hope it helps we went to church today:2132:...

Later, Scooter Bob

Sounds like an awesome trip!

If you go to Savannah, GA check out Paula Deen's restaurant (The Lady and Son's). And if you get to Charleston, SC: See Wee Restaurant in Awendaw is out of this world. Myrtle Beach?......Drunkin Jack's in Murrell's Inlet.

Have a blast! Ride safe!

Ben

Pick me up in Milwaukee and I'll wear the bikini! .

Dude,that is soooooooo wrong...:doh::doh: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Shari say's she will pay top dollar for the pic of you in a bikini riding b***h with Scooter Bob.:stickpoke: :crackup::crackup::crackup:

I think Scooter Bob is going to need a sidecar for all the groupies..:D

Karen,I think your going to have to beat them off with a big stick..:whistling:

Well,you guys hold down the fort.I got to head for Denver. c-ya

If you happen to get close to Atlanta, give a shout, if you need to crash, it can be arranged, the Dragon cave has extra tunnels........you can get my cell number on the VR assistance list.

Just out of curiosity, when I get to planning how to get home, how well is your Dragon's Tail and other roads in that area taken care of in the winter? Or is something I should save for the summer?

Later, Scooter Bob

Snowed a couple inches for Monday morning, but most melted. Snow on the ground again this morning. Predicted snow and flurries for tomorrow also. Wish me luck just getting out of Fox Lake tomorrow.

We'll see how it goes. May have to leave a little later in the day, and just get as far as I can. I'll keep you posted DynoDon.

Later, Scooter Bob

Most roads are clear in Illinois right now, If you can get out of WI and IL, you should have it made till you get back home. Looks like near Rockford I-39 is patchy. Check out this site:

http://wrc.gettingaroundillinois.com/winterroadconditions/

You have my number, I can meet up about anytime.

I am hooking up my heated gloves and getting the toe warmers ready, will ride to meet you if roads permit.

You have a CB? What channel will you be on?

Most roads are clear in Illinois right now, If you can get out of WI and IL, you should have it made till you get back home. Looks like near Rockford I-39 is patchy. Check out this site:

http://wrc.gettingaroundillinois.com/winterroadconditions/

You have my number, I can meet up about anytime.

I am hooking up my heated gloves and getting the toe warmers ready, will ride to meet you if roads permit.

You have a CB? What channel will you be on?

No CB, well, at least I can't talk on it anyway.

There talking up to another inch of the white stuff tonight. I'll post right before I leave, whenever the roads clear, and give you a call when I get past Rockford.

Looking forward to meeting up, Scooter Bob

tonight?

No, next Tuesday, March 2.

I had planned on leaving the Loozeaner Meet and Wrench Sunday morning and having 2 days to do about 750 miles to Cocoa Beach and find a place to camp before the Monday evening Launch.

Guess I'll stay by Daytona somewhere Monday night and ride down there Tuesday, if they don't move it again.

I'll wave to ya on the way down I-39 tomorrow, Scooter Bob :Venture:

Weather update from Central IL. We have snow on the ground, maybe 1/2 to an inch, and more coming down as of 7:30am. My clean driveway is white again. :( Temps in the teens.

I imagine it is somewhat the same up in WI all the way to somewhere south of me.

:bang head: The sun popped out a little around 10 am, so I shoveled the driveway and started getting ready to leave. About 11, it started snowing:cold: and blowing and drifting across the roads, so I have scrapped leaving for today.:whistling: I hope I can get out right away in the morning, as it has finally stopped snowing, and the sun is coming out again.:fingers crossed:

Later, Scooter Bob,

At least I have beer and a good woman here. :beersign:

NOT:Venture: