IGNORED

Wisconsin to Bike Week via the RSV

Scooter Bob

I doubted his sanity too :grandpa:, thought he was spending way too much time with me that he had to come up with a hairbrained idea to drive to Florida. Most everyone that rides in our neck of the woods thought he was slightly off his rocker also :doh:. Proved em all wrong didn't you dear? Keep us informed, and keep the pictures coming too. Bring me home a bottle of sunshine please (not moonshine) :sun:We're missing you on the homefront but it is sunny and 32 degrees here right now.

I spent the last hour outside on the deck in ________ trying to beat out the tan that you will come home with :rotf::rotf::225::rotf:, but then the neighbors called the police and I'm sitting in :mugshot:... Just kidding.

Til I hear from you again,

Karen :fireman:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:whistling:Just to prove to any skeptics that this thread is real, and not some giant Practical Joke dreamed up by some snowbound Cheeshead,:stickpoke: here's a pic of my bike in front of the statue in Metropolis, IL. (since Don and I both forgot to take a pic of the M&E yesterday)

Thanks for the target Mike. Nice area down there once you get off the big road.

Sorry Karen, It's all Garmin's fault, she set the route from superman to Jackson. Wound up on some of the same roads we were on last summer. I know, shame on me, never the same road twice...:sign13:

Later, Scooter Bob

well done sir!! and it earns you a prize!!

i have a brandy new seat pan that you can use for your seat project, if you still need it?

just send me your old one when your done and happy with the new one!

mike.

tell me when you land tonight and i will find you another target for sat.:thumbsup2:

well done sir!! and it earns you a prize!!

Thanks! That was a nice little town. Garmin dumped me off the big road about 10 miles north and sent me down a nice windy county rd the rest of the way. It was nice to see hills and trees again.:stickpoke:

i have a brandy new seat pan that you can use for your seat project, if you still need it?

I think you got the wrong guy. Jeff (Red Rider) from Fond du lac was looking for one a few days ago, but I think he might be all set. Might want to check with him though, as the other seat was coming down from Canada.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=45588

tell me when you land tonight and i will find you another target for sat.:thumbsup2:

Thanks, but probably won't work out well for tomorrow. I'm meeting up with Walter(wes0778) around 9:30 tomorrow, and riding down with him to the Loozeaner Meet and Wrench. But I'll be heading to Florida from there on Sunday. (hint, hint):think:

Later, Scooter Bob

:Venture:

my sister was going to peoria to gamble and told me that she saw a motorcycle nut on the highway? wonder if it was him?

If it was North of Elpaso, it was probably me. DynoDon and I rode together from there to Bloomington, then he headed back towards Washington, and I headed South.

hey i missed him. i live in peru illinois im not far from I 39 and I 80 but i hope hes doing ok.

And I just looked at the atlas, and you didn't miss me by much. I think it was Lasalle where I got fuel at the Caesy's a half mile west of I39!

Maybe next time, Scooter Bob

It's TOOO HOTTT down here, or maybe I was just overdressed. I started out at 18 degrees, and it was in the fifties when I quit about an hour before sundown. That and my butt just couldn't take it anymore. Am I getting older? :grandpa: I pulled the pin in Winona, MS, about 80 miles north of Jackson. Only 415 miles today,:bawling: but it seemed like it should have been much more.

Maybe that detour to see :superman: wasn't such a good idea after all. :think: What am I saying, ya it was. :banana:

:sign13:Sorry Walter. I do appreciate the offer to stay, but it just wasn't the cards for me. I'll have a fresh butt in the morning, and we'll hook up for the ride to the Loozeaner Meet and Wrench.

I did see a few bikes on the road today. I met three at different times, and I had 3 Harley riders pass me just before I got here. They were all packed up and probably riding to Daytona as well, but they had MS plates. But hey, two of them waved back as they passed.:happy34:

Karen, I've mailed you my credit card so you can bail yourself out. Don't worry, if I run short of cash on the way home, I'll just rob a bank. The cops will be drug testing the witnesses :Im not listening towhen they say "he left on a black motorcycle in the snowstorm".

Later, Scooter Bob

caseys in lasalle damn im about 3/4 a mile away from it. if you head back same way. give me a shout out my sell number is posted. maybe a quick cup of coffee or something here in downtown lasalle. theres a great little hot dog place in lasalle. old style chicago hot dogs. place is called the dog house go figure? it would be on me.

:think: :confused24:It's 35 degrees already, the sun :sun:is coming out, and should be in the 50's at the Meet and Wrench.:happy65:

And I don't have to scrape an 1/4" of frost off the seat today!:cool10:

Meeting Walter and his wife and CMIKE at a truck stop by Jackson at 9:30, and heading south!

Should Be A Blast Today.:banana:

Later, Scooter Bob

Bob, You are a shining example of biker guts my friend. In your honor I will ride my bike again tomorrow to a car guys meeting in Peoria at a race shop. I should look right at home in my leathers next to all those Porsche guys in their sweaters and loafers! :rotf:

Man, I am BUMMED! I'm stuck at work, just getting over a cold AND walking like Quasimodo because of my bad back. I would trade all of this "fun" to be able to ride down there today. :bang head:

Y'all have a great time and post some pics for me!

Hey, you got off at noon, why didn't ya come on down???:stickpoke:

I spoke to Scooter Bob this morning. He was getting ready to pack up and head out of the Louisiana maintenance day festivities around 8:30 this morning. He said he had a great time, met some really nice people and did some maintenance (a front tire for himself and some other work for others). He will post more of his adventure when he has a chance. Keep the rubber side down Scooter. Love ya.

Karen

Rolled into the Loozeaner Meet and Wrench at Kenny and Beths yesterday around noon. I had 1105 miles by then. Met a lot of great folks from this site. Great meeting ya'll, and thanks for having me. And thanks again, the new tire's doing just fine!!

Said my thanks and good byes and left Loozeaner a little after 9 this morning. Took the 2 laners across MS to Mobile, AL, then jumped on the big road to Pensicola, FL. From there I decided to go see some water, so I headed south and took Hiway 98 east and did a little Island hopping. Then decided to leave the traffic and the tourist towns strung out all along there, and headed back to the mainland. Then had to head back north to I-10 so I could find a town big enough to have a motel. I'm holed up for the night in Bonifay, about 80 miles west of Tallahasee.

More to come, Scooter Bob

While rolling across Southern Mississippi, I started seeing patches of green GRASS.:cool10::banana::cool10::banana:

Then I had to duck :duck:for a bird that flew up out of the ditch!

It was a ROBIN!:banana::cool10::banana::cool10:

It's on the way folks, Scooter Bob :Venture:

Maybe you spooked that "Robin" cuz you were the "first" "Northern Venture" he's seen this year! :Cartoon_397:

Ride Easy,,

Renne........................

Maybe you spooked that "Robin" cuz you were the "first" "Northern Venture" he's seen this year! :Cartoon_397:

Ride Easy,,

Renne........................

Hey, at least I ducked, hopefully he'll be seein' your venture in a month or so...

Later, Scooter Bob :Venture:

Keep 'em coming Bob, we are all living vicariously through your posts till that robin gets up here.

I think he is getting closer, supposed to be in the 40's later this week.

I did ride to my car meeting Sunday in Peoria, then rode to Metamora to a Gold Wing club meeting (Yea, I join any club that will have me!) following in the past president and his wife while they were DRIVING THEIR CAR! I was the only one to be on a scoot.

Went home to watch the US lose the hockey game (bummer, but they played a great game) and JJ win another NASCAR race (Yawn). Then fell asleep during the closing ceremonies of the "games". At least Captain Kirk spiced up things a bit. (If this canoe is rockin', don't be knockin'....eh?) :rotf:

Go through Tarpon Springs and pick us up some sponges will ya? And don't let a manatee try to hitch a ride, I understand they are beer hogs!

Good on ya Bob!

Looks like you are having a great time.

Bring more of that good weather back with ya.

It is supposed to be in the 40's on Thursday so BRING IT ON! :yikes::yikes::yikes:

LIFE IS GOOD! :banana::banana::banana:

Bubber

Gold Wing club meeting...I was the only one to be on a scoot.

Could have been worse, Could have been a VR M&E, right Renne.:stickpoke:

And don't let a manatee try to hitch a ride, I understand they are beer hogs!

Should be ok, I can't find any beer here anyways...

I gotta do it Boomer...

Scooter Bob....Who thinks he should start asking if beer is available BEFORE he pays for a motel room from now on...:bang head:

Then I had to duck :duck:for a bird that flew up out of the ditch!

It was a ROBIN!:banana::cool10::banana::cool10:

It's on the way folks, Scooter Bob :Venture:

There here, I saw a Robin on the south edge of Milwaukee county on Saturday.

Hopefully I will get my bike running this weekend just in time for 40° heat wave.

Back to the regularly scheduled program.

Man I sure wish I could of joined you Bob, it sounds like a blast.

I gotta tell ya Bob that after meeting you at Kenny's in Bogalusa I was sorely tempted to hit the road with you on Sunday morning. The only thing that pooched that idea was my finances!

Ride safe my friend!!

Boomer....still looking for dat deaf and mute woman....and adding "rich" to the "Requirements List".............:p

:sun:It just keeps getting warmer, and warmer. :sun1:Around 70 degrees today near Tampa Bay.:sun: Everything's green down here.:sun1:

I put about 400 miles on today, 1,850 so far on the trip.

Been seeing tons of bikes over here on the left coast, I can't imagine what it'll be like at Daytona.:think: On second thought, yes I can, so I won't be there long.:starz:

I've only seen 1 venture since I left Bogalusa though, a 2008 Black Cherry Raven with two folks on it.:7_2_104[1]: I don't think they saw me though. They were on hiway 98 near Crystal River heading North.

I'm parked for the night at exit 301, off I75, about 40 miles north of Tampa Bay.

:beersign: THEY HAVE BEER HERE. Life is good.

I talked to a biker from Tallahassee this morning, and he thinks I managed to find the only dry county in Florida last night, GO Figure.:bang head:

:photographing: I think I found the Bell Tower that AimHigh was looking for, and it is a big one. Check out the pics here... http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=45628 in a little bit.

I'll think of more after I drink a couple of these brewskis and unwind a bit, Scooter Bob