IGNORED

I'M P.O.

kantornado

I’m really P.O. And saying W.T.F.over. We put the bike in the shop when we went on the cruise to our sons wedding

to have some work done that I did not have the tools to do. Adjust valves and sink the carbs and we figured while it was there we would get some other things done as well.

I went to install the gauge set I wanted on the bike from Ponch and found out the guy who did the work striped out the bolts on the gas tank- striped out the bolts on the chrome valve covers and did not put on one of the carb nuts. Now I figure I had better tear the bike down and see if he put grease in the rear-end and drive shaft as he was supposed to do as well as check everything else out. Man I am P.O.

Took me 4 hours to get the striped bolts out and now I have to tap the nuts out that our welded on the frame and buy new bolts to fit.

MAN I AM P.O.

... to the previous comments ,,,,,

I'd use his public restroom and P in his waste basket and on the floor!

As well, I'd sure spread the word, with correct details, to as many ears and I could find.

Then I'd NOT go back. Sorry you had all of this to contend with as an 'UN-welcome

home!'

JackZ

... to the previous comments ,,,,,

I'd use his public restroom and P in his waste basket and on the floor!

As well, I'd sure spread the word, with correct details, to as many ears and I could find.

Then I'd NOT go back. Sorry you had all of this to contend with as an 'UN-welcome

home!'

JackZ

I hope you don't follow this advice. The minimum wage cleaning person or some other undeserving person will have to clean this up. Not the so called mechanic who screwed up your bike.

This why a lot of people don't like shops working on their motorcycles.

Thats why this website exsists, Ron definitely sorry to hear about this. I would absolutely pursue it further with the dealers owner, Yamaha and then the better business bureau.

I contacted the bike shop and talked to the owner. He is sending a guy to the house tomorrow.

He will retap the nuts and replace the bolts and check the bike out once we get it

running. I would not bring my bike to powersport under any circumstance. I talked to allot of people before bringing the bike to this shop.

The bike shop is a independent and I know during these times he does not want to lose a customer or have bad press.

I have no Ill will towards the owner. However the mechanic is something to be desired.

I needed a place to vent and you all were my source. Thanks for all the suggestions and the ear for listening……….Ron

Yes Ponch I had gotten everything all hooked up and it looks great. The temp line was really hard to do being I could not get the chrome covers off. But I did it and now when this guy gets here to fix the nuts (he just called) I can get it running and see how everything works. I pray for no leaks...............................Ron

I’m really P.O. And saying W.T.F.over. We put the bike in the shop when we went on the cruise to our sons wedding

to have some work done that I did not have the tools to do. Adjust valves and sink the carbs and we figured while it was there we would get some other things done as well.

I went to install the gauge set I wanted on the bike from Ponch and found out the guy who did the work striped out the bolts on the gas tank- striped out the bolts on the chrome valve covers and did not put on one of the carb nuts. Now I figure I had better tear the bike down and see if he put grease in the rear-end and drive shaft as he was supposed to do as well as check everything else out. Man I am P.O.

Took me 4 hours to get the striped bolts out and now I have to tap the nuts out that our welded on the frame and buy new bolts to fit.

MAN I AM P.O.

If this butcher can strip those bolts, I would have everything checked that he was suppose to have done. If the valve lash is too tight, you will burn the valves. It would also be interesting to see how well the carbs are sync'd, if at all?

As stated by someone before, take lots of pic's. Hope everything works out. :080402gudl_prv:

Well I got everything taken care of. The guy who did the work on the bike is unemployed.

He did not do what he was supposed to do and what he did do he screwed up.

The owner of the shop is really going over the top to make it up to me.

I got the gauge set from Ponch all set up and it works but I had a leak and I have

Tightened it some more and hope it will not leak.

I will be able to check it after it quits raining here.

This gauge set looks really cool. Thanks again Ponch.............................Ron

If this butcher can strip those bolts, I would have everything checked that he was suppose to have done. If the valve lash is too tight, you will burn the valves. It would also be interesting to see how well the carbs are sync'd, if at all?

As stated by someone before, take lots of pic's. Hope everything works out. :080402gudl_prv:

Agree with this one. Have them check the valves again with you watching, also the carb sync.

Brad