IGNORED

Help ! Please have a look !

StarFan

Skydoc1 (Earl Harrel) gave me a hint that there was this Venture 2nd.Gen carb for sale on eBay. Please have a look at the pictures if they show up - or the eBay auction site (item number:130270132573) and advice me if this is the whole unit or if it looks like there is something vital missing. Have not pulled the carb from my bike yet so I am not sure how this should look like. Have been having trouble locating a 32mm second Gen. carb for sale and would hate to see this one slide if it is the whole unit. Note that I am not looking for the breather box or anything - just the carb. Just don´t know what the whole unit would look like when been pulled.

Thanks in advance and friendly regards from Iceland (Norway at the moment).

Jonas

Jonas,

Just a thought, are you planning on putting the "32s" on one of your RSTC IIs? As I understand it they are not a direct bolt on fit. If I remember a long ago post, the bolt pattern to the cylinder head is different, among other things. :confused24:

Walter

Jonas,

Just a thought, are you planning on putting the "32s" on one of your RSTC IIs? As I understand it they are not a direct bolt on fit. If I remember a long ago post, the bolt pattern to the cylinder head is different, among other things. :confused24:

Walter

Yes I am doing this to my 1998 Royal Star Tour Classic II that I have in Woodstock New York. And you are absolutely right. An adapter plate has to be made along with modest modifications to the airbox and other small things. Lynn (pegscraper) has done this with his bike as well as parting out the camshafts for V-Max camshafts and the difference is 50% power increase for the bike. Goes from around 64 hp to 95 hp. I can live with that :) :superman:

He actually made a thorough "how to" in the tech section of this forum www.venturerider.org/carbswap/. Earl Harell (skydoc1) is doing the work for me and he is a very skilled mechanic/cnc and I am sure this will turn out great.

Will you be next ?

I am sure that after having this done and tested the difference I will also do this to the bike I have in Iceland. I´ll keep you posted but I will be using the winter for gathering all parts needed and Earl will most likely start the work early spring if everything goes according to plan.

I´ll keep everybody posted as things progress.

Friendly regards from Iceland (Norway at the moment).

Jonas

There are 4/5 sets of them at pinwall. I even had those above in my eBay watch folder :)

Go for it.. there is one set going for only 199.00 there rest are 289.00

They are all Buy-It-Now

Jeff

Edited by Cougar

Thanks guys.

Having trouble shipping money to Earl through PayPal. strange though since I was able to ship money to a "birdie" member on this site just now. PayPal just wont let me ship to Earls account for some strange reason. I have a Premium account that is verified with unlimited amount so this is a riddle. The reason I need to go this way is that PinWall Cycle refuses to send the carbs to any other address than mine in Iceland since I am the registered owner of the eBay account and that would be kind of stupid.

Don´t know what to do but Earl is going to speak to the people at PayPal and try to find out what gives.

Going to bed now so don´t you guys dare to buy the carbs while I am sleeping. If you do so I will come over and pour some "Black Death" down your throats (second thought - some of you guys would actually want that).

Good night and sleep tight.

Friendly regards from Iceland (Norway at the moment).

Jonas