IGNORED

computer help

rod

If Vic can't get it working, you can purchase a replacement power supply for about $75.00.

I like to use Mozilla Firefox. It does run into a compatibility issue every once in while but doesn't have near the virus exposure of Internet Explorer.

Dave

Roger that on Mozilla.....Plus it is FREE too.

Boomer.....who's no puter geek but knows a good thing when he sees it.....sorta like cruisin onna Nude Beach......:whistling:

I agree with all. Mozilla Firefox is the way to go.

When using Internet explorer, it takes up so much RAM. Firefox is a lot better, They stop viruses from taking over the computer, and it's also a lot easier to use. I hate using Explorer in my work, I wish the Navy would pay for Firefox...

Let me know if you need anything else.

Just got home to so much help!!! Thanks guys. The laptop is a HPG60-445 DX. it is less than a year old so I will try to get it warranted. Crappy design as the cord has to loop around while in my lap. After I get it back going again I think I will go Linux and fire fox on the PC. Thanks Rod

After I get it back going again I think I will go Linux and fire fox on the PC.

I prefer Opera, then Firefox, then Chromium in that order. Opera is standards compliant, which can be a pain in a world full of sites written directly to IE's layout bugs, but that's what Firefox is for. Opera always has the coolest features first. I've had tabbed browsing for years now, and wouldn't know how to browse without it. I also like Opera's "Speed Dial": each new tab comes up with a page of icons of your favorite sites. Kind of like "Bookmarks" but better. Opera's security is also the best. Chromium is trying to set the standard for JavaScript compliance. Nice, but it can't handle mixing 32 bit plugins with a 64 bit system. Opera and Firefox do.

If you can, add another hard drive and install Linux to that. As a dual boot system you can pick which OS to use at any boot. With two drives, if (when?) Windows blows up you can unplug the Linux drive so that reinstalling Windows won't eat your Linux install. Or you can dump Windows and go full time Linux. I've never run Windows on my own hardware, and I've been computing since the 8086 was new. I run Fedora on Irene's cube and my tower, and Ubuntu on the laptops. Of course, which distro can be as contentious an issue as oil and tires. There are a lot of choices.

Hey Bummer, I still gots a laptop from 92 or 93 Pentium II that runs my PLC programming. Cotton pickin' thing just keeps runnin and runnin, don't need to get a new one for what I do with it.

BTW, also got a complete Commodore 64 up in the attic for when they fry the grid and all these fancy computers bite the dust!

Ancient, heck, I ride one!:240:

Hey Bummer, I still gots a laptop from 92 or 93 Pentium II that runs my PLC programming. Cotton pickin' thing just keeps runnin and runnin, don't need to get a new one for what I do with it.

BTW, also got a complete Commodore 64 up in the attic for when they fry the grid and all these fancy computers bite the dust!

Ancient, heck, I ride one!:240:

I thick I still have a box of 5 1/2" floppies for that. I even had a special punch to make single side disk into double side disks. Changed them from 360kb to 720kb per disk.

All of a sudden I feel really old and I'm going to take a nap now.