IGNORED

No more country music

saddlebum

There appears to be no more country music stations in the toronto plus area of southern ontario. 95.3 just got bought out by the same head banging music supporter that killed the last country music station some 15 years ago. It seems like all you get any more in this area is either head banging crap. so called dance music or asian music. I love country music and I love early rock and roll but nobody seems to want to play it anymore.:95:

There appears to be no more country music stations in the toronto plus area of southern ontario. 95.3 just got bought out by the same head banging music supporter that killed the last country music station some 15 years ago. It seems like all you get any more in this area is either head banging crap. so called dance music or asian music. I love country music and I love early rock and roll but nobody seems to want to play it anymore.:95:

Well - you can put on your helmet and get used to the head banging :bang head:, or if you've been good, you could ask Santa for an IPOD and ignore the radio world. :680:

Have a Merry Christmas!!

Dave

Come on down heah and ride alongside me.....I sing Country Music all the time.

Boomer.....who scare's the ba-jesus outta folks when he is catterwalling Country Music.:D

Go to Ebay and get a complet used system for about $50 . Yes... you must pay for it but you will never go back to radio. 5 The biggest cost are antenna so I purchaesd complete systems with broken radio. I got all the stuff for 1/3 the cost of just an antenna. 5 or 6 different country and maybe 10 different rock stations. All my stuff is set up with wires so I just take the radio to whatever I am driving. Cost... about $10 a month (?).

Cb

Come on Down... 95.3 in Beaver Dam played country music till today, switched to Christmas for a couple days, but they'll be back to country soon..

Later, Scooter Bob

Sorry Boomer, can't resist here

Scooter Bob, who would do the Satelite Radio thing, but likes a little local news and weather mixed in...

Best I could do.

Come on Down... 95.3 in Beaver Dam played country music till today, switched to Christmas for a couple days, but they'll be back to country soon..

Later, Scooter Bob

Sorry Boomer, can't resist here

Scooter Bob, who would do the Satelite Radio thing, but likes a little local news and weather mixed in...

Best I could do.

No problem Bob.....let it rip for fun!:big-grin-emoticon:

Boomer.....who knows that sometimes a imitation of him could get a guy in jail.:whistling:

Ok I guess I have to disagree on a point with you Ben.. I was listening to 95.3 as well because I sort of liked the "new country" they were playing BUT now they are called Vinyl 95 (you can guess what they are playing) and I really like it. In fact I can sing along to almost any song they play. I only do that when alone in the car because I don't want to hurt anyone's hearing. I think they played 1 song last week that I didn't know. I do agree there are no local country stations in this area now. BUT they were losing advertisers and starting to lose money. Unfortuneatly in this area Country isn't very popular.

Wayne

Like Ben, I also miss country music on the radio her in sw Ontario. Guess I have to ask Wayne or others how to link my MP3 player through my 88VR sound system so I can hear this good music (through my J&M headset) that I especially love to hear when I am riding.

Ben...that's what the Yamaha high tech cassette player on your bike is for!:rotf:

I was a radio listener at one time, then I realized that all they wanted to do was to take over my thinking,,,,,,all the time, not that it produces much anyways, but the little thinking my brain can do, I would like to leave it do. So I don't miss radio at all,, but I do have music on my Garmin,,,,, only about 400 songs, and with my capacity for remembering??? by the time I hit 400 I can't remember what # 1 was, so we start again. This plays through my stereo in the car, truck and on the bike. The bike is hardwired thanks to the Mother Fix.

Go to Ebay and get a complet used system for about $50 . Yes... you must pay for it but you will never go back to radio. 5 The biggest cost are antenna so I purchaesd complete systems with broken radio. I got all the stuff for 1/3 the cost of just an antenna. 5 or 6 different country and maybe 10 different rock stations. All my stuff is set up with wires so I just take the radio to whatever I am driving. Cost... about $10 a month (?).

Cb

I had XM for a few years (still have the radio, cords, and antenna). Got tired of paying so I bought a little FM transmitter that plugs into the 12v power supply. I plug in my MP3 or a flash drive and it plays thru the radio for hours.

Come on down heah and ride alongside me.....I sing Country Music all the time.

Boomer.....who scare's the ba-jesus outta folks when he is catterwalling Country Music.:D

This sounds like the cheapest solution-------sure hope boomer knows more than half of one song:think::think::think:

How will we protect ourselves from the Martians?

Why do you think they invented aluminum foil?! Duh!! :rain2:

And that is why I love my XM and Sirius radios.

I loved my XM until they merged with Sirius. They raised the rates and added DJs to every station to which I listen. If I want to know what song they are playing or who is playing it, I'll look a the digital info! :doh: :confused24:

Come o down to Nashville for a visit. We got the guitar drop downtown at midnight for New years and all the clubs are open for the street party. Guarantee that you will hear so much country that your head will be full enough you won't need a radio...just sing along with the voices in your head!

:banana::banana: