IGNORED

The POD has landed

Squidley

Well we have all been hearing me talk about going to Houston....it just took 1 step closer to being done. I had the POD delivered today, 5 days early and we are going to start packing it tomorrow. Seems a bit surreal and Lonna and I are both under a bit of stress right now, but I'm hoping that the Lone Star state will help cure that.

So for all our brothers and sisters down in Texas....were almost there :banana:

Brad&Lonna,

Look forward to ya`ll gettin down here, I know it is going to be trying times for awhile till ya get your feet planted, but you guys know that you have Freinds and Family here to help with what we can. If you need anything or help from this end let me know...

Take care and don`t sweat the small stuff.....it`s all small stuff!!

Kreg

Good Luck on your move. You finally realized being a Wolverine doesn't work! Go Bucks.

Leave it to a friggen buckeye to have a problem with someone being ready for a change in scenery and to ride all year round without freezing ones behonkus off :stickpoke::stirthepot:

We're ready for you Brad and Lonna! Like everyone else has said, let us know when you get down here if you want a hand break....er moving stuff in. I'm a bit away from you but depending on how timing works out I may be able to buzz down there and lend a hand as well :happy34:.

- Rick

P.S.

M GO BLUE!!! :stirthepot::stirthepot::moon:

So Brad .....

I may have missed it, but, did you or Lonna get a job down there, or are you figuring you'd rather be looking down there then up in MI?

Either way, good luck with the move and the new job!!

Barend,

I haven't found work in Houston yet, figure it's better to be able to present myself to them in person if they want an interview. There's nothing here in Michigan and I'm tired of being here. I figure that I can just as easily be on unemployment down there than up here freezing my rear off.

Folks,

Thanks for all the offers of help, we'll play it by ear and see how it goes. I know I am excited to get down there and get life back to a somewhat normal state of mind. We'll keep you abreast of the details as they come...Thanks again

Well it's gonna be a bit hectic for a while with the packing and unpacking. Wish I was able to help out, but you guys can call anytime you need to. When the stress gets to you or Lonna. I'll be here to listen. Things will be fine once you get all that moving done. Good luck on the job. Ya know you guys are loved and we're all here for you.

Margaret

Yup, my wife and I are also looking at fleeing the land of no jobs as well. Michigan Unemployment went up again last month. we have officially 19 people unemployed for every job posting that pops up That is based on people that are currently getting unemployment, the state does not count those that had it run out. Friends in HR talk about getting hundreds of applications for every position they post, so in reality it's far worse than the state admits. It's like throwing a single 8oz steak to a giant pack of starving wolves up here, and companies are dropping salaries by 25% or more for new hires because they know they can. My wife being an accountant cant find a job that pays more than $10.00 an hour because the companies hiring know they can lowball everyone hard.

I hope you guys have nothing but great luck in Texas! At least you can easily ride all winter long!

Guest BluesLover

Good luck with the move Brad & Lonna.

Hope everything goes well for you. Maybe I'll get a chance to see you (and meet a whole lot of Texas folk) if I ever get off my a$$ and go down to visit the little brother in Austin.

Cheers,

Lou

Leave it to a friggen buckeye

:stirthepot::stirthepot::moon:

Hmmmm, LilBeaver, there is PROBABLY more than one "friggin Buckeye" around here (German Village/ Col's. OH, myself). We may be quiet, but you better watch out for that "3 Yards and a cloud of dust" that can come off our boots at anytime!!!!

PS

GO BUCKS