IGNORED

New Windshield HELP

Whitlow

i just bought a slipstream for mine, and am not totally happy with it. there is a slight curve near the top that makes a distortion, and its right in my line of sight. the other thing is that theres still quite a bit of turbullence.......i was expecting a bigger still air pocket. so, im looking for a brand that gives me what i want.

I have the clearview XTXW and like it but if your on a budget you can get an inexpensive on on Ebay or at jcwhitney. YOU can also get cleaners that will take out most of the scratches on windshields especially if they are not deep. Try toothpase with a buffing wheel.

I have one made by Show-Chrome. I think its 17" high... a lot shorter than the stock one, it is also about 2 inches wider on each side. Looks real good and my eyes are right at the top of the glass. I think I only gave about $110 for it. I THINK its the same one offered by JC Whitney. Someone else may have to confirm that.

Got to agree on the F4. Got about 12,000 mi on mine now and it is as good as the day I got it with no scratches. I use a squeegee at the pumps to clean it and away I go. Yes you heard righ a squeegee. The optics on it are quite phenomenal as well.

I will NEVER put anything else on this or any other bike I may own in the future.

I had a slipstream on mine and i found it scratched easily and there was distortion along the top curve.

I ordered a clearview xxl with vent and lite grey tint for my 85 G1 and have been extremely happy with it for the past year. It provides much more protection from the buffetting than the old windsheild and I love the vent in the hot weather. Its an expensive windshield but i think its worth it as the plastic seems much harder and the optics much better than anything else Ive looked at. Check out their blemish section if you think of ordering clearview.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...
I have their clear, so can't comment on the light grey, but it's a very nice shield.

And, costs less than the others.

Steve

I think I'll give the clear a shot. I am going to cut my old one down and try it. I'll pick this up for an affordable back up....and if I like the shorter shield I'll cut this down.

I'll have to see what the wife says first.:D

I think I'll give the clear a shot. I am going to cut my old one down and try it. I'll pick this up for an affordable back up....and if I like the shorter shield I'll cut this down.

I'll have to see what the wife says first.:D

She'll probably say "What ever", and if you think that means it's up to you - think again:rotfl:.

I made that mistake once. :Avatars_Gee_George: