IGNORED

The Mascot is coming home

Freebird

Those of you who were at the rally know that my wife fell in love with a dog that was hanging around the hub. Some here had posted that there would be a new VentureRider mascot. Well...Eileen just can't stand it any longer so she called me today to tell me that she is leaving for Arkansas again tomorrow morning to get her. I guess we are indeed getting a dog. :confused24:

My better half stopped and picked up a little dog that was on a major highway 2 weeks ago. My free dog is up to about $300.00 in vet bills so far. I have to admit he is a cute little guy. $300.00 dollars worth of cute? I don't know.

Eileen just called. She left early this morning and was going to drive about another hour which would put her in Springfield, MO. Her brother went with her so she isn't driving out there all alone and I'm glad about that.

Ventura isn't bad but the dog is a female and I'm not sure that's a great name for a female. Any other suggestions? Do we need to hold a contest? :)

Eileen just called. She left early this morning and was going to drive about another hour which would put her in Springfield, MO. Her brother went with her so she isn't driving out there all alone and I'm glad about that.

Ventura isn't bad but the dog is a female and I'm not sure that's a great name for a female. Any other suggestions? Do we need to hold a contest? :)

Just call her----STAR. :whistling:

we live in the country & i guess there are people who think they should drop off their dogs to folks in the country when they no longer want them. we would have a herd of dogs if we kept them. so we bring them to the animal shelter in a day or so after we fatten them up.

we just can't keep 'em. however, a weiner dog was dropped off at our deer hunting lease. good looking dog. nice coat, descent deamenor. so we decided to adopt it.

long story short, after 300.oo bucks (why is that a popular vet bill number?) we began treating the dog for heart worms. well the weiner gave our registered expensive miniature schnauzer heart worms and by the time it was discovered, it was too late.

the weiner lived and & our beloved pet of 8 years died. the weiner was left at the vet.

we don't adopt or keep after that.

My free dog is up to about $300.00 in vet bills so far. I have to admit he is a cute little guy. $300.00 dollars worth of cute? I don't know.

There are no free dogs. I was given a Lab puppy a couple of years ago. after about a year, I figured up the costs of vet bills, invisible fencing, chewed up shoes, rugs, door frames, wiring harnesses, eyeglasses, etc. and we had $3500 invested in this free dog.

I don't care though, when I see how excited he gets when I come home or when I get his frisbee or his ball out, it's worth every penny.

Well if that picture above was the pic of this dog I think Blondie would be a good name since so many of you refer to your similar colored first gens as Blondie.

Besides, Ventura was the name of a bad pro-wrestler and even worse Governor of MN.

Oh man, good luck with that Don.

We decided to get a puppy and then Ruth decided to get another to keep the first one company. So now we have two puppies. They have managed to dig a bunch of holes in my back yard, eat the straps from our lawn chairs, eat my good garden hose, chomp through my XM antenna wire in my truck.....the list goes on....:mad:

I like them alot though. Can't wait for them to grow up a bit and settle down. ;)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2435/3671348235_9c64bf685d.jpg

I looked at that dog while at the ralley. That dog looked to be very old. His teeth were almost worn down. He may not last long.

Are you SURE you looked at the right dog? :) She is only about 2 years old.

You folks have come up with some good names. Probably won't matter though. Eileen called and said that the mutt is now in the back of her SUV and they are headed towards home. She already has a couple of names in mind.