IGNORED

PT Cruiser vs Yammy RSV

massey130

yesterday i was leaving my little rural town headed for the bigger city 32 miles down the road. i was sitting at the last red light in town with a PTCruiser next to me - the light turned green. i was no more thinking about racing than the man in the moon.

reaching nornal end of first gear, i pulled in the clutch when this PTCruiser comes roaring up ( not really roaring, but doing its best) with that "I am gonna take you on" attitude. i know the driver can't see the smile on face, but it is there as i think "WTF is this?"

thank goodness for the gradually getting faster speed limits heading out of town. as i nailed the throttle - hit 2nd gear on up, i saw the PTC get smaller in my mirror till it disappeared.

all this in a matter of about, oh, 5 seconds.

What is the deal with some drivers? anyone have a similar experience?

Dale in Louisiana

yesterday i was leaving my little rural town headed for the bigger city 32 miles down the road. i was sitting at the last red light in town with a PTCruiser next to me - the light turned green. i was no more thinking about racing than the man in the moon.

reaching nornal end of first gear, i pulled in the clutch when this PTCruiser comes roaring up ( not really roaring, but doing its best) with that "I am gonna take you on" attitude. i know the driver can't see the smile on face, but it is there as i think "WTF is this?"

thank goodness for the gradually getting faster speed limits heading out of town. as i nailed the throttle - hit 2nd gear on up, i saw the PTC get smaller in my mirror till it disappeared.

Dale in Louisiana

how do you know he was racing. sounds like you were the one racing. :rotf::rotf::rotfl::no-no-no:

Snarley Bill:

how do you know he was racing. sounds like you were the one racing.

we all know the signs. there is a difference between that & someone in a hurry. I could have just let him roll on by. then again, i didn't want the driver going around with a story that was not accurate. this is a small town. i have the only RSV here among the 3 or 4 crotch rockets & 2 harleys.

i'd rather not race. i just want to enjoy my ride. when younger, i have a camaro Z that was quick. i learned a lot from those dayz.

Don't get me wrong, it was fun. it just won't be habit.

thats the neat thing about drag racing on the street now with these new cars. no one knows your having an all out drag race accept you and the other guy. i figure if i happen to find some one that can beat my majesty scooter,(and there aren't many that can), i will go get the big guns out. i have put a scooter job on some harleys and lots of cars. i beat a superglide good with the vangaurd powered cushman eagle that i had, and an 1800 vtx. how embarracing, to get blowed off by a cushman scooter. :cool10:

thats the neat thing about drag racing on the street now with these new cars. no one knows your having an all out drag race accept you and the other guy. i figure if i happen to find some one that can beat my majesty scooter,(and there aren't many that can), i will go get the big guns out. i have put a scooter job on some harleys and lots of cars. i beat a superglide good with the vangaurd powered cushman eagle that i had, and an 1800 vtx. how embarracing, to get blowed off by a cushman scooter. :cool10:

A cushman scooter blowing away an 1800VTX or a Superglide??? I gues I have a lot to learn about scooters LOL

Guest tx2sturgis

Only problem with drag racing like that...is that you put a possibly pissed off idiot in what is called your 'six'....not good.

I prefer to let the idiot pull just in front of me then I shadow him or her for what can sometimes be miles. Of course I have speed in reserve to blow them away if needed, I get to watch them do stupid things, AND I have half a chance of evading getting nailed by radar that might be ahead of us on a cross street or opposing lanes. When it comes to the cat and mouse game, I'd rather be the cat!

I say, let HIM sweat it, not me.

If your gonna act juvenile ( and we all do it now and then!) its best to have the upper hand.

Guest curtismiller

Back in the early 60,s I rode fast English bikes.Rode with an attitude and every intersection as far as i was concerned was the starting line.Now I am 67 and I will be derned if I dont still have a little of it left in me.What the heck.Have some fun,we are all just passing through. Curtis

Dale in Louisiana

Some PT Cruisers are faster than most,especially my SUPERCHARGED Cruiser..Surprised several bikes and cars and trucks.

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/1235759073037297848ausDKY

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/1053916419037297848XpFTRa

Only problem with drag racing like that...is that you put a possibly pissed off idiot in what is called your 'six'....not good.

I prefer to let the idiot pull just in front of me then I shadow him or her for what can sometimes be miles. Of course I have speed in reserve to blow them away if needed, I get to watch them do stupid things, AND I have half a chance of evading getting nailed by radar that might be ahead of us on a cross street or opposing lanes. When it comes to the cat and mouse game, I'd rather be the cat!

I say, let HIM sweat it, not me.

If your gonna act juvenile ( and we all do it now and then!) its best to have the upper hand.

That is until they slam on the breaks an you end up a bumper ornament. Seen it happen!:shock3::starz::happy-emoticon:

Guest tx2sturgis
That is until they slam on the breaks an you end up a bumper ornament. Seen it happen!:shock3::starz::happy-emoticon:

Did I say I was tailgating the cage? Nope. Shadowing is best done at a steady but respectable distance. You should have been able to tell from my post that I was in control of my actions. And plastering myself on the trunk is not on my agenda.

:cool10:

Going to work, there is a traffic light 1/4 mile from the right hand x-way on ramp. I was firts at the light in the left lane with a mustang next to me in the right. He thought he was going to keep me from getting in front of him to hit the ramp. NOT! Once on the freeway, he roared passed me as I was doing 60mph in a 55 zone. All I could do was laugh.

I had a redlight incident myself in Biloxi when we rode to the Coast M&E 2 weeks ago. Two of us were caught by a redlight and the other two were waiting about 1/4 mile ahead. We were in the right lane and a newer Mercedes was in the left. When the light finally changed I pulled away and normally I never see a car beside me after that but I noticed the Mercedes was staying with me. I looked over and the occupants were laughing and looking over at me. I realized they were trying to pass me. So I twisted the throttle (still in 1st) and ran it to the rev limiter then shifted... and that's when I remembered I had my wife with me! At that point I forgot the Mercedes and kept waiting for the blow up side my head! :shock3: Luckily she calmly made a comment along the lines of "You shouldn't be racing your bike". I think that calm comment shocked me as much as anything! :crackup:

A cushman scooter blowing away an 1800VTX or a Superglide??? I guess I have a lot to learn about scooters LOL
there are some fast cushmans out there. i have one i'm building now, a 58 eagle with a 750cc crosely 4 cyl in it. just built a four speed vanguard v-twin that will break 100 mph. there is a bunch in texas that have some very hot eagles. a friend of mine has a twin engine vanguard triked eagle. theres a few sporster powered eagles running around. got to love those cushmans.:2133:

Up until a few weeks ago my primary bike was a 1999 VMAX. For those of you who know what this is, in a dragrace between red lights it's probably unbeatable. Even now since I bought the RSV I have to restrain my right hand. It's a tough habit to break. Lot of fun though. Some of the other bikes are pretty fast, but autos stand little chance. For the most part, I have to remember "I'm not on the Vmax so just let it go". I still have the Max so on special occassions I put on the fullface helmet and start grinning.