IGNORED

Phantom Wife Truck accident(bumps/bruses)

sleepy2

Got call last night from son that wife and sister was in accident. Got to hospital and was told she was fine but with multiple bumps ,bruises,seat belt rash etc,sister in law has dislocated ankle and arm is spattered with glass cuts etc.. Was hit on passenger front wheel by 17yr old running stop-sign then car came around and slammed passenger side in ,then pushed her sideways about 50-60 feet thru corn-field before stopping.Lucky we had side air-bags(Mitsubishi Outlander sport-utility) Saw it in the dark at impound so it was hard to see but passenger side is wiped out,will post pictures as soon as I can.

Of course wife gave me heck for leaving work and wasn't going to call me at 9:00pm break to tell me to stay at work(accident around 4-5pm)

Both women are pretty sore this morning and sister in law is hobbling around on crutches. Have to go to insurance for coverage and rental car etc.

Kid was on gravel road and was only charged with failing to stop at sign with $150 fine and 3 points. Police said he tried to stop but brother in law said he only seen marks on pavement around impact site and not in gravel where they said. O-WELL what can you do they said he talked with Sargent and he agreed.(will see myself today):Avatars_Gee_George:

Sorry to hear about the accident. At least your loved ones walked (& hobbled) away from it!

Make sure to find out when the hearing on the stop sign ticket is scheduled, as your wife & sis-in-law should be there as witnesses -- and so the judge can see the damage this knucklehead kid caused. Even though it's a minor offense, a conviction will eliminate the possibility of his insurance company fighting on paying out the claim.

Good luck & speedy recovery to all!

The best thing about this is the safety equipment worked because they were using it. It breaks my heart on how many people we have had around here getting thrown from a vehicle because they just did not put their seatbelt on.

I went for a ride yesterday and encountered two different vehicles that were obviously moving around too much and not maintaining constant speed. Both were women obviously text messaging. That got me to also looking at others and seeing a lot of them not wearing seat belts.

One of the problems of young drivers is they may understand the laws of the road, but they don't seem to understand the laws of physics, like traction and friction.

I hate to hear they were in a crash, but real glad they were not hurt more than they were.

On this ride, about two miles from my house, I was in the left lane of a five lane and a woman decided to pass a truck and turned right into me. Fortunately she used her signal and I barely caught it before she started over as I was almost at her rear bumper. She came over about a foot over the line just as I hit my airhorns. She decided she did not need to get around the truck as she never did pass it.

RandyA

Here is pict. from news showing wifes truck[ATTACH]34229[/ATTACH][/quote

All that and he tried to stop???:think::think::think::think:

And of course he was not speeding either was he ???:think::think::think::think:

Lets just say it could have been a lot worse but thank God it was not. Hope your loved ones heal quickly and suffer no lasting side effects.

:fingers-crossed-emo:thumbsup:

Guest seuadr

awesome to hear that they were only injured mildly.

i have a mitsubishi lancer, which is the same frame, and very similar setup for airbags and such, makes me feel better about my safety too, to look at the damage, and see they were not seriously injured.

i know some people get down on foreign cars, but it sure looks like it did it's job well!

Guest BluesLover

Wow Phil, that Outlander is quite the mess, but sure glad to hear that the bruises and bumps are the results.

Hope the phantom wife and her sister have a full and speedy recovery.

Cheers,

Lou

Thanks for all the well wishing----the ladies appreciate it. Turns out sister in law has a severely fractured ankle with bumps/bruises & a few cuts. Wife(Bev) has some pretty nasty lower bruising from seat belts pics are not available(right ladies) both are still pretty sore and wife's nerve's are still hanging on as we have the sister in law still staying at our house so she doesn't have to go up 3 flites of stairs at her apartment. She could be going home next week after they do a CT scan of ankle to see if it is lined up enough for a regular cast.

Another thing to consider on this is if the timing had been just slightly different, she could have planted her grill right in the door of the kids car. That could have easily been fatal to the kid. Not that it would been her fault, but to be involved in a crash with a kid being killed could be a very tramantic thing to deal with.

As bad as it was, it could have been a lot worse.

RandyA

YES we DID consider ALL that could have happened but like they say that's 20/20 and what happened- happened.Just glad ours wasn't tragic which could have been and the other senerio didn't happen to them.

Look's to me like driver and buddy haven't thought of it tho in these pictures he posted to his buddies.link here

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn10/sleepy2_2008/

Just read this last night,,,, you all have our prayers for a speedy recovery, both physical and mental. It's going to take some time to get over the mental pictures, cars coming from the side,,,etc. Be patient with it all. Sure hope the insurance comes through for you as well, so that finacial won't be a strain.

[ATTACH]34269[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]34270[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]34271[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]34272[/ATTACH]

will try to upload more later

I can fix it!!! I have this ultimate set of tools.:hurts:

Sorry, just thought to interject a little humor into this thread. I am so glad that they are safe although very sore. Things could have turned out a lot worse.

Looks like those to kids are actually proud of what they did. It sucks that your wife and S-I-L are hurting and that punk looks to be alright. Life isn't fair.

I hope your wife and S-I-L get better real quick.

Just found out today(finally)that the adjuster said the truck is a write-off(as if we didn't already know)So we have to go and get the plates off it and anything else that's ours,then we start looking for a cheaper vehicle since the wife lost job 4weeks ago so we couldn't afford new again.Some think they should replace with a comparable vehicle but they pay you back then what is left is what you have to spend(we have 2 year full restitution of vehicle (price of vehicle returned)BUT that goes to pay off bank then what we paid in the last 16months is ours(not anywhere near as nice a vehicle as we had) BUT as we say IT REALLY COULD BE WORSE We are all still here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bowdown: