IGNORED

He's there

mini-muffin

Just got a call from Jeff he's in Kandahar. He's not gonna work on the 60's though he said he'll be working on Apache's. He's staying in temp housing which is a big tent with a bunch of other guys till he gets his permanent set up. Also his tools haven't gotten there yet. Not sure where they are. But he's gotten to where he's suppose to be. So now he can get into a routine. Hopefully that will make time go faster for him. It's gotta be better then sitting around waiting. Especially for him he gets bored so easily.

Margaret

Well as far as I know it's now 355 to go. He started counting down when he got to Kuwait. As long as all goes well he should be coming home at the end of that time. We are dealing with the military and if it takes as long to leave as it did to get there only God knows when he'll be back. I'll find out more as time goes on.

Margaret

Glad he made it safely. One good thing that will come out of this is that there won't be a darn thing in that city that's not working when he leaves.:rotfl: Especially if he has time on his hands. Jeff doesn't know how to slow down.

Tell him to keep safe and we look forward to his return.

Thanks for the updates Mini, glad Jeff got there safely, as soon as his tools get there and he can get to work I am sure he will get into a better routine. I hope the time goes by quickly for you:fingers-crossed-emo Craig

How much time are you going to need from the time Jeff touches down here and being at the biggest, bestest Asheville Rally ever to be? You guys are getting a little old for needing any catching up time, so we won't need to waste any time on that. :whistling:

RandyA

I see your not old yet, nor are you any wiser.

The older you get, the more time is taken,,,,,,,,the sweeter the reunion, the longer the pause,,,,,,,,, the more friends you have coming, the longer they're gonna hav'ta wait.

Glad to hear that Margaret, got a taste of the heat down here, about 95 or so, but not as bad as his! Just let him know that we are trying our best to lay down some floorboards and pegs in the curves for him! AND the Red is running great! Any word on his "hump-tune" procedure yet?!!!

Make sure he knows we said HI from down here at the Hub!

Dan

He hasn't said anything about running into some bad running camels. I'll let him know you all are putting on miles for him. :Laugh: He's sharing accommodations with a bunch of other guys in a tent at the moment. Till they set them up with where they'll be staying for the rest of the time there.

Margaret

Lets just hope he dont get so bored that he resorts to "fixing" camels.....:stickinouttounge:

Jeff is only good on the one humpers.........he's not to keen on those two humpers.:rotf:

Hate to see what happens if they come out with three humper camels.....:backinmyday:

Mini,

You can pass on to him that when you are on the ground pulling security outside the wire, an Apache overhead is MUCH more appreciated than a 60. Glad he got there OK. And as far as leaving, that usually goes a little easier. Getting out of Kuwait into Iraq or Afghanistan is a pain. Coming out of Kuwait to the states is easy in comparison.

Mini,

You can pass on to him that when you are on the ground pulling security outside the wire, an Apache overhead is MUCH more appreciated than a 60. Glad he got there OK. And as far as leaving, that usually goes a little easier. Getting out of Kuwait into Iraq or Afghanistan is a pain. Coming out of Kuwait to the states is easy in comparison.

"Puff the Magic Dragon" Grandfather of the Apache?? That was a sight!!!

18,000 rounds per minute!!!

Edited by Yammer Dan

A gunner in the door of a Apache in Pink Chaps?? Now That is a Picture we NEED!! Rambo ain't got nothing on this one!!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'm sorry Dan, but there's no Gunner nor a Gunner's Door on the Apache ...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/58/AH-64_CM2.jpg