IGNORED

UNBELIEVABLE Buy on Valve Shim Kit!!!!

V7Goose

For anyone contemplating buying or putting together a valve shim kit, you won't BELIEVE this buy! I'm sure the web site is a mistake, but I ordered one anyway and got it for a total of $12.90 ($5.95+shipping)! I expected them to call me and say "no way", but it arrived today! :cool10::cool10::cool10:

And now they have even LOWERED that price!

Better get your order in before they change it. Order the starter kit from this page:

http://www.preferredpowersports.com/eshopprod_cat_5347-19112-30104_product_736199_keyword_25mm+AND+shims.KL_HONDAYAMAHA_SHIMS.htm

:080402gudl_prv:

Goose

The Parts unlimited catalog is showing those prices for a 5 pack also. I may order a few myself

Yup, I am going to use that to fill out the kit in the needed ranges - I just didn't want to order too much the first time to see if I could get the kit at that ridiculous price (and I did). I thought if I got too greedy up front there was a bigger chance they would tell me to take a hike! It will cost me a little more shipping to make two orders, but sure can't complain after the price on that kit!:thumbsup2:

I don't need that shim kit for another 25,000 miles, but at that price, how could I go wrong! Now to order the tool.

Goose

BTW - I was puzzled over what that little "grinding wheel" was that is included with the kit - just figured out is is a 25mm magnet to pull the shims.

For anyone contemplating buying or putting together a valve shim kit, you won't BELIEVE this buy! I'm sure the web site is a mistake, but I ordered one anyway and got it for a total of $12.90 ($5.95+shipping)! I expected them to call me and say "no way", but it arrived today! :cool10::cool10::cool10:

And now they have even LOWERED that price!

Better get your order in before they change it. Order the starter kit from this page:

http://www.preferredpowersports.com/eshopprod_cat_5347-19112-30104_product_736199_keyword_25mm+AND+shims.KL_HONDAYAMAHA_SHIMS.htm

:080402gudl_prv:

Goose

What does the kit come with?

Yea, its a magnet. But the oil creates too much of a suction to remove it from the bucket using a magnet. Once you break the suction with a small screwdriver using the notch in the bucket. Then you can use the magnet but to me its just too small. Rather have a magnet on a stick... But You know all this already. I just put it here for those who haven't done it yet.

What does the kit come with?

Click the link and read the three bullets on that page. The cheapest price I could find on the same starter kit anywhere else was $104.00, so $5.95 sounds pretty good, doesn't it? Heck, even if it was just the empty box it would still be a good buy!

Goose

Anyone in the Houston area considering the purchase, I suggest bying addon shim packs only (or not, the price is too good not to have your own). I'll share my kit and we can add shims to build an inventory. I bought the starter kit plus addons in 2.60, 2.65, 2.70 nad 2.75 thicknesses.

I will purchase a tool as well.

Ponch

I ordered 2 kits and extra 2.55 and 2.75 which weren't in the kit.

I also ordered a set of passing lamps and mounting brackets which I have been wanting but I thought were too expensive... but since I'm getting the shims at such a good price, why not buy something else??

:Cartoon_397:

Ps. I received my shim tool from Old Bike Barn, its the correct K&L 35-3462 tool. So thats a good source. Old Bike Barn is in Quebec, so is a good alternate source for our Canadian members. Cost was less than a dollar more than the source V7Goose posted.

I just got an email fom preferredpowersports.com. The deal is off. There was a problem with pricing. The correct price is $60.00 for the kit and $18.00 for the shim pks. Even this is below their normal selling price.

I ordered the kit and shims anyway.

Ponch

I ordered these too since I was planning on doing the job this winter. Unfortunately this is the email that I got. I believe this is still a good deal and it would only be fair to ppurchase them any ways. Comments anyone? Thanks!

--------------------------------

An order was placed on our website for a K&L Shim Kit and/or replacement shims, and as you are probably aware the pricing was posted in error. We value your business, but we can not sell the kit for the price it was posted at. The pricing error came from our vendor (Parts Unlimited) and has been pushed to hundreds of dealers nationwide in error. They will not adjust their pricing to us to help accomodate our customers.

Because we value your business, we are offering to anyone that already ordered the starter kit a price of $60.00 including shipping. Additional shims are sold in packs of 5, and would be discounted to $18.00 for 5 additional shims. If you are just looking for individual shims, they will be $3.00 each.

Please understand that we are selling these at a loss as an apology and to earn your future business. I understand that some may feel slighted, but it's pretty apparent from the postings on VentureRider.org that you guys all knew this was too good to be true. We are working with our vendors to get the pricing corrected for the future, and also with our website provider to correct the errors.

Please reply to me directly (be nice, please) and let me know if you still want the shim kit and/or shims at the pricing outlined about. Be very specific on the replacment shims how many you want. I will process each order as I hear back from you, or cancel the order if I don't hear back in the next few days.

I truly apologize for the error, and we wanted to at least offer what we believe to be an incredible value for those that really need the kit.