IGNORED

I just got laid off.

Guindalf

Well, yesterday I got called into the conference room and, after seven and a half years (and being the third longest employee), was told my position no longer existed.

I had survived a pay cut of 33% a couple months ago and now I'm unemployed :(

Guess the Venture may be the first casualty if nothing comes up quickly.

Guindalf,

I'm very sorry to hear about this. I hope something will turn up for you shortly. I've never been without a job but once, but I can still remember the feeling. We will pray that God has an even better job for you just around the corner.

Jeff

Guindalf, you are NOT alone

Well we are rowing in the same boat, as I got my lay off notice today too....

I have been with the company 7 years 10 Months and this it the third time they have told me that my funding has been cut by the customer. I work as a Government Contractor AKA Beltway Bandit.

On the previous two instances I found another job in the company with only one day unemployed, and I am currently beating the bushes to see what jumps out... But I am not holding my breath.

I do hope I find a job.

I am on my way to talk with another manager in the company but his employees spend about 40% of their time on travel. Not bad if I can keep my current pay as there is non-taxable per-diem involved, but spending that much time away from family, kites and my motorcycle might be the deal breaker for that job.

Oh, but I do have to praise MrsSquid, as she makes sure that my toys are paid for with cash, so my RSV is safe.

I guess yours isn't one of the jobs "saved or created". Sorry to hear it.

Yeah!!!

The "Change" is not happening as illuded to in the campaign!

I'm not quite in the same boat, but I (got) retired a few years before I wanted to. I to am thankful that my toys are paid for.

Sorry to hear about your lay-off. I never thought id see things this bad in my lifetime.

As far as those created jobs I just love it when a politician says fund this and it will create 100,000 jobs. For once I would just love to see actual proof of any jobs created by those promises. Who was actually hired? When? Where? If no proof can be offered than its nothing more than a falsified claim. Way too many numbers and claims of jobs are bandied about by our leaders. I want to see proof! :soapbox:

OK, ill get off my soap box now......oh heck, who took my step stool.......

Being self employee'd is the same thing as being Un-Employeed.

I hope that phone rings soon.

I too am self-employed, and there is a BIG difference, nobody sends me a check every week when the phone dont ring:soapbox: Craig

I'm in the same boat, got laid off a month ago, but I'm not waiting on the gubbermint to take care of me. I had my own business before and I'm gonna give it another shot for awhile. I've got enuff work for a bit, and the old boss has to use me for a couple projects (at MY price!). Everything but the house and car is paid for, COBRA health ins. will only be a couple hundred a month for 9 months, maybe I'll find something better along the way.

I hope you guys that have been laid off and don't have chances for outside income can make it. I know its tuff out there and unemployment sure doesn't cut it, I know I wouldn't survive a month on it.

Good luck,

Dan

Really sorry to hear about the job losses among my Venture friends. I've was downsized twice in three years and I know it can be disheartening. Keep plugging away and something will turn up. I went from a supervisors position to an entry level drafting job, but I've been with them almost eight years now. We will keep all on you in our thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to hear it man, understand, been laid off come two years in August. Just glad the wife still working. Funny thing, Unemployment doesn't count the numbers when you run out of it. Michigan is probably around 40%, because no jobs to replace the ones that shut down. Wish you all the best, hope you find work fast. Later-

To all you good people over there, GOOD LUCK :happy34:in finding work--I shall think positive thoughts for all of you.

We are down to one wage since my accident, but selling off toys and re-financing the house is keeping us going. Alan turns 65 next month and plans to drive the truck to possibly 70!! I am pinning all my hopes on my barrister and the up-coming insurance claim.