IGNORED

i guess we just "crowed to often"

hipshot

went to AUTO-ZONE today to get a can of sea foam.

price has DOUBLED in the past 3 months!

now paying $11.78, per can!

needless to say, i have switched to "Coleman camp fuel"a gallon costs about the same as a pint of sea foam.

just jt

Coleman camp fuel is naptha which I believe is the same thing as 'white gas' and lighter fluid. Also used to be used for dry cleaning fluid. Walmart sells a generic can of camp fuel.

So, is that what Sea Foam is?

Coleman camp fuel is naptha which I believe is the same thing as 'white gas' and lighter fluid. Also used to be used for dry cleaning fluid. Walmart sells a generic can of camp fuel.

So, is that what Sea Foam is?

Yes and no. There is a pretty good discussion of that very topic here.

Yea I was wondering if it was just in our area, picked up 2 cans @ $8.50 each the other day thats almost double what it was, mite have to look at the Berrymans B-12 alot cheaper. Wonder if it works as good? Craig

Up a bunch here also.

Guess we should start bad mouthing the stuff.

Been using it for a lot of years but I don't put it in real regular unless I think something going on in the engine. Just me.

BOO

They are probably just getting a head start on the new value added tax the guberment wants.

I went to autozone a few weeks ago to get some silver star head light bulbes. They wanted $54 I went to wally world and bought them for $37.

My local Advance Auto Parts and NAPA both carry seafoam by the pint and by the gallon, HOWEVER it is IMHO expensive.

I have shifted over to using products like Coleman Camp Fuel (Naptha) instead.

For one gallon it costs about 1/3 the price and it is 2 times more concentrated, so it goes 6 times as far as Seafoam. I wish I could find more bargains like this.

It does not have the alcohol to dry your fuel, but 99.9999% of the fuel I buy comes with 10% Ethanol from the pump, so fuel dryer is no longer needed............

Read the article HERE for more info

Seafoam does contain some kind of light oil too..... but for the best value in cleaning power, get the least expensive gallon of camp fuel you can buy.

OK, what is difference between naphtha and diesel fuel. or is it a good amount of naphtha in diesel? I remember , my father use to use diesel for cleaning engine parts, to take off varnish and gunk. Or what is difference between naphtha and kerosene for heating.

I think they are closely related, and only difference is amount of paraffin added for combustion. Thats a reason for different type of diesel for cold climate or how fast is fuel going to start turning in to jello when is cold.

There is not difference between Diesel and Kerosine, as teenager, i use to buy kerosene for heating and run in to my VW Golf diesel, cuz was way cheaper. fed's are taxing Diesel higher than heating fuel, and thats only difference.

seafoam same crap, just sale in small package., and probably there is not parafin added, but any way if you use with gasoline there is no way to turn into jello:missingtooth: so yeah guys go ahead and use coleman super fuel, which is same crap as kerosene for home heating, and kerosine in home depot cost about $50 for 4 galons.

Just my 2c

I don't believe coleman fuel and kerosene are related. Coleman fuel burns a lot hotter than kerosene. You don't see space heaters for homes using coleman fuel, and if you put coleman fuel in one, I think you would have disasterous results....

Yea I was wondering if it was just in our area, picked up 2 cans @ $8.50 each the other day thats almost double what it was, mite have to look at the Berrymans B-12 alot cheaper. Wonder if it works as good? Craig

I was thinking of this a few weeks ago, $9 a can here so I wont be using it anymore. The B-12 Chemtool is good stuff, been around for many years and is what I am using now. I know all about the supply and demand thing, but Seafoam seems to have just gotten greedy...shame on them

:no-no-no:

• 1 month later...

Naptha is a petroleum distilate that has a very low flash point.(It is NOT a generic name for petroleum distilate) Hence it is used in lighter fluids and camp stove fuels. It can be used in your motorcycle fuel, but it will lower the flash point making the fule burn off faster.

Deisel fuel and Kerosene are both fuel OILS and have similar properties and similar flash points. (115 to 125 degrees F.) While they both can be run in a deisel engine, I would not use either one in a typical gasoline engine. These as well as mineral spirits can be used as parts cleaners. (they will burn, but not as likely to explode.)

If you feel that Sea Foam is getting too expensive try switching to another type of carb cleaner. I have used Gumout for several years with great results. STP also makes a good one. It is important to use these as needed.

If you store your ride through the winter then use some Sta-Bil in the fuel before storing. When you first get it out in the spring, drain the tank and add fresh gas with a cleaner in it. The main thing is to not let your ride get so gummed up that it needs a deep cleaning.

Just my totally unsolicited opinion. It and 2 bucks will get you coffee...

:080402gudl_prv:

Bought a gallon of Coleman fuel today for $9.00 at Wally world. That should last a while.

I think the price has doubled since the last time I bought Sea Foam.

To bad, to sad, I will be using something else if they want to stick it to me like that.

Bubber

Used Seafoam in my toys for a very long time and discovered a better product, Schaeffer's Neutra,,,,,a lot more reasonably priced, better formulated. I know not many are familiar with Schaeffer's products but,,,,been around since 1839 supporting heavy industry(mining/mfg). My 2 cents but if their products are good enough for attack Army Helo's, it's good enough for my scoot! I use Neutra as recommended, 20/50 in the motor and 80/90 for the final. If they had "air" I'd run it in my tires!

Ride Easy,

RENNE

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed this thread the other day, so when I was in the Oshkosh Fleet Farm, I checked out the price of Seafoam there. I paid $6.58 for a pint. Last time I bought it, it was under $6, I think. Not a huge jump here at least.:confused24: