IGNORED

What mufflers are you running

Riders,

I know this topic has been beaten to death but I need to know "from the last related posting" what is the majority of members using for after market mufflers :puzzled: I don't have the metel knowledge to make mods that installing the "road king" mufflers would take..

I don't want LOUD, but I do want that deep rumble sound that will let cagers know I'm there..

Bubs ? " Do the sleepers still have the crome tip issue?

Kromeworks ?

etc

etc

Help a fellow rider out

06 RSTD

THanks

Thanks Tom :thumbsup2:

BTW, are those ones that you can purchase multiple tip styles ? I've also got the Quadzilla fairing on my RSTD. Do you think I'll still be able to hear my music "at neighborhood cruising speeds" ?

Deacon

06 Midnight RSTD

Riders,

I know this topic has been beaten to death but I need to know "from the last related posting" what is the majority of members using for after market mufflers :puzzled: I don't have the metel knowledge to make mods that installing the "road king" mufflers would take..

I don't want LOUD, but I do want that deep rumble sound that will let cagers know I'm there..

Kromeworks ?

etc

etc

Help a fellow rider out

06 RSTD

THanks

All that is needed is a bracket and clamps. Clamps are commercially available and I think the brackets are too although I made mine. So, what "mods" are there? None. Somewhere in here is a link to different muffler sounds ... I have it at home but won't be there until later so will post it then if nobody else has.

All that is needed is a bracket and clamps. Clamps are commercially available and I think the brackets are too although I made mine. So, what "mods" are there? None. Somewhere in here is a link to different muffler sounds ... I have it at home but won't be there until later so will post it then if nobody else has.

I too have RKs. I made the brackets, but you can buy them here.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showcat.php?cat=all&stype=1&si=road+king

I went to the RK's. They sound deeper than any I heard but not as loud as the aftermarkets.

This V4 isn't going to get the DEEEEEP sound that the bigger cylinders of the V-twin have. Baron's 4-2-4's are about the loudest I've heard. Ask anybody that's ridden with LoneEagle (Vic).. I won't ride behind him anymore... :rotf::rotf:

Deac,

I visited my local HD shop, told them I was doing a project and needed a set of muffs. Most HD buyers change out right away. Like most dealers,this one had a large stockpile of OEM mint muffs, I scored a set of FLT's (mint) for $10.00! Went home, made some brackets from the plans here on the site. I have one sweet sounding RSV! I stored my stock ones just in case....I was a "NO BRAINER",,,,

Enjoy!

Deac,

I visited my local HD shop, told them I was doing a project and needed a set of muffs. Most HD buyers change out right away. Like most dealers,this one had a large stockpile of OEM mint muffs, I scored a set of FLT's (mint) for $10.00! Went home, made some brackets from the plans here on the site. I have one sweet sounding RSV! I stored my stock ones just in case....I was a "NO BRAINER",,,,

Enjoy!

Them HD "stealers" around here aren't so generous I've found.

Outstanding :thumbsup2:

I read somewhere that you needed to do some metal cutting and spot wielding in order for the RK's to fit...

I'm going to search around to find a "khromewerks sound byte".

But it sounds like the RK's are what I'm looking for.. I'm going to visit the nearest Harley dealer to see if I can pickup a set of RK muffler's on the cheap !

Thanks 1sttenor,

For the "bracket Link" I'll be getting a pair.. "If I can locate a set of RK's"

Deacon

06 RSTD

Outstanding :thumbsup2:

I read somewhere that you needed to do some metal cutting and spot wielding in order for the RK's to fit...

I'm going to search around to find a "khromewerks sound byte".

But it sounds like the RK's are what I'm looking for.. I'm going to visit the nearest Harley dealer to see if I can pickup a set of RK muffler's on the cheap !

Thanks 1sttenor,

For the "bracket Link" I'll be getting a pair.. "If I can locate a set of RK's"

Deacon

06 RSTD

You'll also want to find a set of V-Twin #31-9920 chrome clamp to mount HD mufflers .... retail should run you around $35 for a pair. (that's what I paid here in Vancouver)

Riders,

Kromeworks ?

etc

etc

Help a fellow rider out

06 RSTD

THanks

Here is a sound byte for my 05 bike with the Khromewerks, now have them on my 08

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOUbPUOgtuM]YouTube - Royal Star Venture Khrome Werks V2 Cont.[/ame]

not meaning to highjack your thread or anything, but can the rk's be made to fit on a first gen? 91 Vr to be exact.

David

I don't know but I do live by the rule of "anything is possible". If nobody has done it, that doesn't mean it can't be done. If it's never been done before, that doesn't mean it shouldn't be done.

Surely somebody has done this...but if not... you be the first and tell us all about how!

:thumbsup2:

not meaning to highjack your thread or anything, but can the rk's be made to fit on a first gen? 91 Vr to be exact.

David

I have seen two first gens with Harley pipes on them. Not sure what has to be done, but appearantly it is not that bad

Brad

This is a post that I put up after installing my Roadhouse pipes, still love them and would reccomend them highly. Sounds like a Corvett on steroids somebody said. Dont forget about the AIS sytem plug and you might want to put K&N air filters in and then have carbs synced. Sounds like alot but really nothing to it.There is plenty of help here. Ride on and make some rumble noise. I get 44 - 45 mpg now. Got 38 before pipe and filters and carb sync ( carb sync was only $20.00 at dealler, so don't let someone cheat you).

"Got the pipes on everyone, and love the sound(Roadhouse Pipes - slash cut). Loud enough but not to loud. Very good rumble. Installation OK, just did not care for the wood block and hammer persuasion I had to use. But still worked out good. Have to kinda wiggle them as you go and take a wood block and drive them on a little ways at a time (wood block against the muffler hanger ). Then bolt up and tighten clamp. I also used some high heat silicone on pipe /muffler connection. I then unplugged the AIS and installed K&N filters. Purrs like a lion.:cool10: I like the Roadhouse, good chrome to the end of slash cut pipes. I did not go with Bubs because I did not like the polished aluminum ends, I like the slash cut.

Fuzzy

Riders,

Kromeworks ?

etc

etc

Help a fellow rider out

06 RSTD

THanks

I installed the Road Kings back slash. I first left them stock, but they were as quiet as what I was replacing. I drilled the front baffle out, still to quiet. Drilled the back baffles out and the are perfect. Quiet when you want to be and when really crack the throttle they come to life with a nice deep mellow rumble. If you want to drill them use a 1 1/8" hole saw on the end of a 14" long 1/4" drill it and you can reach in from both ends. They will look straight trough, but they will still absorbe the noise through the perferated tubes. I have had lots of compliments on the sound and the looks. Hope the photos show up.

:Venture:

• 2 weeks later...

I run completely stock RK's and I like them very much. Slightly louder than stock but not too loud. Got a mint set at a Harley dealer in Athens GA called Cycle World of Athens for $40.00. Ordered the powder coated adapters from someone on this site (see the classifieds) for $40.00 and bolted them right on in about 30 minutes. Everyone likes different sounds but for me, the RK's was the way to go.