IGNORED

Off to Boston

Freebird

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll be praying for you, Don!!

Yah, read only for non members to let them decide if they want to join in. Maybe a little longer trial period, like 30 days. Perhaps a premium membership option with a private forum area for them, but not sure if I like or dislike that idea.

:sign yeah that: Throw in a couple of dancing girls in the private forum room and I'm in!:thumbsup2::rotfl: Whatever you do Don I'm sure it will all work out just like what your going through now. Take one day at a time and think of yourself now, we are all pulling for you.:amen:

All the best with the treatments Don. We are all gonna be here waiting to see how things went and are going.

The site...hmmm tough one. Dont worry about right now. We will all come together with some consensus by the time you are back.

Don, thoughts and prayers are with you. I know it's toughdoing like the drs say, but when they put the defibrillator in and told me I was no longer a truck driver, It was pretty hard. since then I've found a 9-5 job, taken up motorcycles again, gotten married to a great girl, Bought a house and moved on. I still miss the big truck, but got too much going on in my life to worry about it.

So put it in Gods hands and it'll all work out.

Don't worry about the site, as I'm sure we can behave till you get up for it again. Besides, we got the big brother/moderator thing going on.

If I recall, the problem is with your eyes, so for now anything I post will have this big lettering so you wont have to strain your eyeballs. http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s39/cowmoos/emoticons/communicate/get-well-soon.gif

Thanks folks. Had first radiation treatment this morning. Wasn't bad at all. The only thing that hurt was them putting this spreader on my eye lids. WOW...how far do they think they are SUPPOSED to open. I felt like they were ripping them off my face...I'm sure they had my upper eyelid stretched over the top of my head. Otherwise, it was OK and didn't take long at all. I felt fine when we left so we drove over to the Aquarium and also saw an IMAX movie. Back at the room now though and I am really tired. Don't know if it has anything to do with the radiation or not but I DO know that I am going to take a nap now.

Next treatment is tomorrow morning at 8:40...actually ... they are 8:40 every morning through Friday.

Did I mention that I really don't enjoy driving in Boston and WHY does it cost so much to part here. Geezzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thanks folks. Had first radiation treatment this morning. Wasn't bad at all. The only thing that hurt was them putting this spreader on my eye lids. WOW...how far do they think they are SUPPOSED to open. I felt like they were ripping them off my face...I'm sure they had my upper eyelid stretched over the top of my head. Otherwise, it was OK and didn't take long at all. I felt fine when we left so we drove over to the Aquarium and also saw an IMAX movie. Back at the room now though and I am really tired. Don't know if it has anything to do with the radiation or not but I DO know that I am going to take a nap now.

Next treatment is tomorrow morning at 8:40...actually ... they are 8:40 every morning through Friday.

Did I mention that I really don't enjoy driving in Boston and WHY does it cost so much to part here. Geezzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Glad that it went well today. Hope the rest of the week goes the same that way you can check out some of the sites while you are there. just don't overdue it. We are all praying for you. See you soon. (M-DAY):thumbsup2:

I agree that driving in Boston sucks. Everytime I go to NH we try to stay out of there if at all possible. i grew up around there and that place is a zoo.

don, glad all went well. may as well do some sight seeing while in boston. lots of history in that area. some day i want to ride up in that area and new england. if you want to take a break in the action maybe you could make it down to my meet in may. if you want to drive down you can ride my v-star 1300. i'm sure all the folks who haven't met you yet would enjoy your company. bill :) Edited by Snarley Bill
spelling

Don, glad to hear the first session of radiation went well. From my sons experience, he did get more tired each day, he did have 17 days of radiation with the weekends off. But then everything is different. You are in our thoughts and my son, Phil said to pass his prayers onto you too.

Trying to butter up the boss, Bill..............:stirthepot::stirthepot:
now would i do that? seriously just letting you hair down in tough times often helps. would like to see you up here also lewis. i garrantee you'll have a great time. if you and don come here i will personally buy you both a cracker barrel breakfast. :welcome1::clap2: :2133: Edited by Snarley Bill
spelling again

Glad you're doing OK boss. Spent a week up there in 98, found a great little tavern behind the "Meeting House" along one of those little streets, they had lobster tail and clam chowder for 8 bucks! Probably a little higher now, but try to enjoy it at least once!

Dan