IGNORED

A New Stimulus Plan

Freebird

OK folks...please don't make this political..I just thought it was an interesting concept and since I'm 54 years old, it WORKS for me. :) Now I'm just offering it up in the spirit of fun. I didn't take the time to check out the numbers and all that mess. Don't know if it all adds up or not but I doubt it.

This was an article from the St. Petersburg Times Newspaper on Sunday. The Business Section asked readers for ideas on "How Would You Fix the Economy?" I thought this was the BEST idea. I think this guy nailed it!

Dear Mr. President,

Patriotic retirement:

There's about 40 million people over 50 in the work force; pay them $1 million apiece severance with three stipulations:

1. They leave their jobs. Forty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.

2. They buy NEW American cars. Forty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.

3. They either buy a house or pay off their mortgage- Housing Crisis fixed.

All National financial problems fixed!!!

This has been my thoughts for two years now, and to add the gov. would have money left over.

The down side would be all the min wage jobs. If a 19 old kid had a million dollars in the bank do you think that he would go to his job at McDonald's.

This has been my thoughts for two years now, and to add the gov. would have money left over.

The down side would be all the min wage jobs. If a 19 old kid had a million dollars in the bank do you think that he would go to his job at McDonald's.

But the 19 yr old kid would not meet the qualifications .....

Actually heard yesterday instead of TARP and stimulus, each taxpayer!!! could have 900K. We'll skip the implications here!

to late, i was getting ready for retirement again and they called me in the office last night and made me an offer i could'nt refuse. got a nice raise. so it looks like semi retirement for another year. i could use a million bucks though. my mind could be changed. don, see if you can push that package through. :clap2::clap2:

I like it too. And with a million or so a person could buy a new car every three years there buy keeping the car companies going And still invest the rest to live off the interest and help the stock market and banking industries. As long and the Bankers are heavily regulated so they don't mess up with our money. And then banking problem is solved too.

So, where would we get $40 Trillion??? That amount approximates the total GDP of the ENTIRE PLANET.

We really need to get our heads fixed....we can't keep throwing money around (especially when it's money we don't even have!).

I'm really scared for my kids and grandkids. They are going to live in poverty I'm afraid.

Joe

oops. I knew I retired too soon...

can this be made retro-active?

NOPE...sorry, all 7,000 VR members will get to split your million...but I would splurge for a dinner and cold one for you if you wanted it...:crackup:

ya! what freebird said, that would work , so here's what i say, freebird for president in the next election.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: that way we could have a meet and eat at the white house. I can see it, bikes all over the lawn ,the pond monsters in the fountain, what a site that would be.

ya! what freebird said' date=' that would work , so here's what i say, freebird for president in the next election.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: that way we could have a meet and eat at the white house. [b']I can see it, bikes all over the lawn ,the pond monsters in the fountain, what a site that would be.[/b]

I like it....................:thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2: