IGNORED

Will someone please shoot me.....

1BigDog

Im asking my VR family for an intervention here.

I have had the bike apart for several weeks now. What started as a simple running of LED pod lights has turned into a fully blown tear stuff down to put it back together thing.

Greasing the forks to changing the front tire to pulling the Wagner grill off for some paint work to removing the radiator for a thermostat change to removing the AIS system to schlepping around town to find plugs for the ports to replacing the rear brake canister because of some allegation cracks to, to, to......sheesh, and I havent added one pod light yet!!! And let me add...things in the factory service manual look easy. Too bad they dont tell you that some things are tucked away in some cubbyhole in the frame and you need the patience of a saint (which I sure aint) to access or hands like a smurf to fit in.

So, if I ever, and I mean ever post that im going to tear the bike down for some foolish reason, would someone just put me out of my misery real soon..........please..:starz:

Well, its really nice to know just how many of you have my back........with a bullseye on it....:starz:

Guess some of them, are always up for some target practice. But wouldn't a moving target be better, so take the cage & not your scoot. :stickpoke::rotf::rotf:

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished wiring up those dam LED lights. A real PIA if you want it to look good and do the proper wire routing. Had to remove the fairing, lowers and upper, neck side covers, seat, gas tank, engine dog bones, rear seat, saddlebags, battery side and center cover. Im going to hate putting it all back together now. I just know that I will have extra bolts left over. I always have extra parts left over. I just put them in a bin.......someday ill find out where they were from..........:stickpoke:

Ship the extra parts to Big Tom, he seems to want to collect them...

PS yes, it's amazing how one thing leads to another. While my fairings are apart I might as well install the MK2 fairing frame so I can install the MK2 headlight I bought a year ago, etc.etc.etc...

Finally finished wiring up those dam LED lights. A real PIA if you want it to look good and do the proper wire routing. Had to remove the fairing, lowers and upper, neck side covers, seat, gas tank, engine dog bones, rear seat, saddlebags, battery side and center cover. Im going to hate putting it all back together now. I just know that I will have extra bolts left over. I always have extra parts left over. I just put them in a bin.......someday ill find out where they were from..........:stickpoke:

Lost a bolt from the bracket that supports the trunk. If you have one, we will give it a good home....

Honey :080402gudl_prv:

Edited by Honey
type

Lost a bolt from the bracket that supports the trunk. If you have one, we will give it a good home....

Honey :080402gudl_prv:

You mean the allen head cap bolt on the side of the bracket where it bolts to the fender support? If thats it I dont have one. But you can take another off and match it up at lowes.

Got the bike fired up and I noticed a drip, drip, drip coming from the side of the radiator. Glad I didnt install the lowers yet. So I trace it back to what I think is the leak at the top hose. I install a larger (wider) clamp and fire it up..still drips. Pull the tank and neck covers off and after much probing I find the leak coming from the thermostat housing. From the one o ring that I was not able to remove and replace because the bolt was frozen. The rear one no less. So I have to spend most of tomorrow afternoon removing the housing again and finess that stubborn bolt out. One real bad part is trying to look into the neck area where the housing is located while wearing bifocal glasses and not being able to see the complete picture. You old farts will understand this.....

At least the bike sounded good while it was running. :bawling:

D**n Jeff, you working on a 1st gen?! Oh, that's right, you got one of them there ANCIENT 2nd gens!!!

Sorry, just had to pay it back, ya know!!

Dan

PS, get that bike done so you can RIDE to MD this year!

D**n Jeff, you working on a 1st gen?! Oh, that's right, you got one of them there ANCIENT 2nd gens!!!

Sorry, just had to pay it back, ya know!!

Dan

PS, get that bike done so you can RIDE to MD this year!

One of these days Dan.....bang...zoom.......:buttkick:

Wont be at MD this year either. Used up most of my vacation time with the knee surgery. :bawling::bang head: