IGNORED

VentureRiders! Let's Unite for Eck!

FreezyRider

I'm assuming that most regular readers of this forum have read about Eck's close call in this thread.

I've been thinking about this all night and getting sicker and sicker about what happened. Folks, this world seems to be getting worse and worse....How can someone do this to someone else? Scripture says that "in the last days the love of many will grow cold"....Yep, for sure we see that happening. This creep that ran Eck down cares nothing for others. And the scary thing is that he's not alone...

Several people have suggested to Eck that he go to the TV stations and ask them to run a news report on this situation, and to offer a reward for information leading to the arrest of this jerk. I want to add my support to that idea. He needs to be caught and soon. I've been thinking......there are over 6000 members of this VR Family, and roughly 150 of us have posted to Eck's original thread. If we all chipped in a few bucks to a reward fund we could come up with enough to get someone's attention. Hey, we ALL can afford something....let's face it, most of us have expensive hobbies....bikes, hunting, fishing, boating, golf, etc....it wouldn't hurt us to part with a few bucks for such a fund.

I don't know how to go about implementing this....maybe a PayPal collection? Yeah, that could work. I even have a PP account that could be used. I am willing to start it off if any of the rest of you are interested.

I will start it with $10 toward the fund..... IF it's ok with ECK. So..., Eck what do you say? Please give this some consideration, and LET US HELP! Your family wants to be involved.

Chime in folks.

Joe

If ECK says yes tell me where to send the $$!

We as honest riders CAN NOT let this "Blue Mustang" driver KILL the next person he gets P'Oed at!!

It is wonderful ECK is relatively OK! But the next may not be as lucky!! :2cents:

PS I am not rich either, but I can not walk away, or turn the other cheek like some. I could never live with the thought that if I would have tried, maybe,,, another person would be ALIVE!:2cents:

Bryan

I agree with setting up an award.

Maybe just a little selfish on my part, but Mechanic and I are in Huntsville/Athens area a lot on the bike and I do not need this SOB trying to kill Mechanic.

So maybe, Freebird, we can use the donate button and put in Eck's Reward and this way no one has to setup a special account. Money then could be transferred to Huntsville.

Just a thought.

I will definately contribute!

Like a lot of you, I want to "get him" (the mustang driver) ... but I'm a firm believer in "what goes around, comes around" and if we don't "get him", he will, eventually, get his just rewards. The frightening part is that someone else may have to suffer before that happens.

Yeah, Even if we just put out some calls for info on the car and maybe a couple hundred flyers with a pix of a similar Mustang. At the very least he would more than likely see them and become very uncomfortable in that car. If we do find him....we go from there. Don't do the street Justice on him until we plan how to deal with him, Weather or not he gets his ass kicked or his car gets wacked in the middle of the night. It should be well planed and with plenty of look outs ect. I would drive 6 hours each way to help. Also I have 10 bucks for the fund too.

Bob, thats a great idea about Full throttle. Also, I am sure there are members here that have riding groups in that area. If we can get the word out to Patriot Guard, BACA, and any other MC in the area, we just might be able to come up with a tag, driver info and maybe a photo that Eck could look at? JMTC

Bob, thats a great idea about Full throttle. Also, I am sure there are members here that have riding groups in that area. If we can get the word out to Patriot Guard, BACA, and any other MC in the area, we just might be able to come up with a tag, driver info and maybe a photo that Eck could look at? JMTC

I think I can also get access to Thunder Roads Magazine in Alabama as well as local chapters of Fraternal Order of Eagles and American Legion who have rider groups.

i just sent an email to the news station there in huntsville.....

http://www.whnt.com/

telling them a little about the story and links to the posts here......hoping to get some exposure......:whistling: in finding this guy....

eck i know you.......you are the kind of guy who just would forget about this and move on........but this is such a serious matter and could help prevent someone else being a victim to this guy....and maybe not being here to tell their story.

I will let you know if they respond.....

Folks, I will be the last to throw cold water on this idea but there ARE things that need to be considered. This is something that somebody would have to manage. Every time I've heard of rewards being offered for such things, folks come out of the woodwork claiming to know this and that just in an attempt to collect the money. Somebody is going to have to sort through any leads, provide the leads to law enforcement, find out if law enforcement thinks it's a good idea or if it will just bury them with fake leads, etc. Of course Eck would need to desire this also.

As for using the donation button, I'm sorry folks but with all that is going on in my house right now, I just don't have room on my plate to take it on. Somebody else will need to do the collecting and manage the account. If all these concerns are ironed out though, I will gladly contribute to the fund.