IGNORED

Hubby Wants Me to Sell My Baby!

highwaypeg

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont listen to all these sheet :witch_brew:,highwaypeg...

you got a wonderful husband there who cares about you. let me explain.

in the mind of your hubby, the harleys are the best bikes around. and am not saying whether he is right or wrong, but he has a right to form his own opinions. and seeing that he rides an expensive bike like a harley, i would assume he has been doing well in his way of thinking about things.

what's wrong with him for wanting the best for his wife?

am sure you would know how to convince him that you are happy with what u have and make him see your way. being married to him, you should by now have figured out what buttons of his to :stickpoke:push..

just go out one day, to test ride a harley, and just tell him " i dont like it".

good luck.

I spoil my wife Peg. And she does the same for me, But one thing we do not do is tell each other what to buy or not to buy. If I want something Peg backs me up 100% and I do the same for her 100%. I could never tell my wife to part with something she loves so much. To me that's Heartless

Peg asked me to sell my Gold Wing not because its a Gold Wing but due to my health - Two full time jobs.

She said in a few years she wants to buy another Wing when it does not require me to have two jobs .And she wants me to keep my 83 & 03 Ventures as well.

Besides I see more Harley's sitting on the side of the road more than any other brand combined ..... So why would I want my wife to have something that is not very reliable?

Peg tell him how you feel about it and see how he feels about sleeping in the dog house.......................

Buddy

Peg I am not going to read all the replies to this thread but am going to make a response

If the Hubby says you have to get rid of the Yamaha and get a harley

get rid of the hubby

He obviosly has no brains when it comes to bikes and the Ladies that ride them You are comfortable with your bike and like it so it should not matter who the manufacturer of the bike is.

I hope this does not offend you and you will have to forgive me for posting this response but I dont like anyone that thinks that harleys are all that they are just another bike on the road.

Jeff

No offense taken Muffinman. I do not know why he has that way of thinking. I believe once he got riding his Harley, he got caught up in the clothes and the whole look of it.

I just really enjoy riding my motorcycle. I will hope that my husband gets

over this.

If only he could get involved with the VR group, I think he would really enjoy meeting you folks.

But again I appreciate your comments.

highwaypeg:15_9_28[1]:

Well you can introduce him to a bunch of us in June. Head over to Oberlin for Maintenance day and he'll get a warm welcome. We have folks that ride all sorts of bikes on here. Most of us can't really understand his fixation on what you ride. The bike has to be comfortable for the rider. Since you're comfortable he should be happy you like to ride. Just bring him over we'll straighten him out. We're a really fun bunch and as long as he likes to eat he'll fit right in. Plus all those BS tales the guys tell, oh and ice cream is big too.

Good luck on this situation.

Margaret

No offense taken Muffinman. I do not know why he has that way of thinking. I believe once he got riding his Harley, he got caught up in the clothes and the whole look of it.

I just really enjoy riding my motorcycle. I will hope that my husband gets

over this.

If only he could get involved with the VR group, I think he would really enjoy meeting you folks.

But again I appreciate your comments.

He likes his bike and wants you to have one in the same make. It's not a big deal. Try out the sportster and if you don't like it tell him so. I'll bet he will be cool with it. ;)

Besides I see more Harley's sitting on the side of the road more than any other brand combined ..... So why would I want my wife to have something that is not very reliable?

Buddy

Along those lines I got to follow a die-hard Harley guy 28 miles along interstate 55, last Sunday night to make sure he got to a truck stop. For some reason his bike had started acting up and would only run 35mph, down hill :sick:. I think when I found him broken down he first thought I was on a Harley:). After he noticed Yamaha, I think he was just glad sombody stopped.

So, Peg IMHO, stand your ground!!!

Walter

in defense of the harley guys. true story. linda and i were on the way home from the mall on my 1100 vstar several years ago and i had a flat tire. lots of bikes went by. first guy to stop was on a sportster. he let me use his cell phone, next guy that stopped was an old hard core biker on a converted police harley looked like santa claus in bib coveralls. asked if we needed help. said no thanks just called the towing co.. he rode all the way around the block to come back. third guy stopped in a truck with a trailer. towing co. never showed, said he would be glad to haul my bike home no charge. turned out he had an ultra at home. out of all the bikes that went by and looked only three harley riders stopped. i gave the guy and his wife a beer, forced some money on him and made some new friends. found out he was a neighbor of one of my best friends in another town. bill :2133: ps. moral, them harley guys ain't bad as they let on.

Can you just put a harley sticker over the VStar logo? I'd never trade mine for a Harley....

People at work give me crap about not buying a Harley, but I'm like - Why would I pay $10,000 more to get a Harley that has all the stuff my bike came with? I just don't get it. But then again, Harley has built a great brand and they know how to make people feel like they HAVE to have a Harley. They have some good marketers.

My husband and I went to look at the Sportsters today. I like the feel of my VStar better is all I can say. I told my husband that I refuse to sell my bike and if he does not want to ride with me, then that is fine too.

He can ride with his HD friends and I will ride by myself.

So we will see what happens.

My husband and I went to look at the Sportsters today. I like the feel of my VStar better is all I can say. I told my husband that I refuse to sell my bike and if he does not want to ride with me, then that is fine too.

:thumbsup2: Ride what you like, like what you ride!!

Couldn't help but notice the Smiley at the end. You do realise she's standing in front of a Harley V-Rod, right? Did you try out one of those? :whistling: ;) I'd tell hubby you want to go back and try one of those just to :stickpoke:. :Bunny:

OMG, I just saw the photo of your hubby and his Harley, that you put in you gallery. All I can say is he's old enough to know better and not be swayed by what his Harley buddies say. :no-no-no: He should have outgrown that kind of thinking long ago.

Smack him up side o' the head for us!! :sign20:

First of all, I want to thank you all for your support on this topic. I have been pretty straight forward with my husband about how I feel about keeping my V Star. I think I can change his mind.

But my husband seems to think that I would really like a Sportster better.

We are going to go look at them this weekend. I will look but I still want to keep my V Star.

I do appreciate the arguments on my behalf. You guys are great.

Go try the sportster take it for a real short ride then look him right in the eye and say this piece of junk is what you want me to trade my v-star in for just so I can help bolster your ego are you out of your cotton pickin mind ,I may as well park my but on a chain saw.:thumbsup:

I think that you need to get that hot,sexy "V-Star"tattoo and tell your hubby that you are loyal to your brand..I think he will understand the brand loyalty thing...:stirthepot: :D

Good for you. Maybe as a compromise, you could take the logos off your bike so you aren't obviously not a Harley. Then they can assume you are riding a custom bike and your stock will go up. I kinda like the logo-less look anyways.

Dave